Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 1:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why does my sea have this weird texture
I've never seen this texture before and it looks really weird. What can I do to fix this?

♥ sims 4 custom content creator xietresims ♥ also screenshot content xietressc
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xietresims
I've never seen this texture before and it looks really weird. What can I do to fix this?

I really, really, really hope that's just a graphical glitch. Do you have GraphicsRuleMaker?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 5:27 AM
It looks almost like it used to on my older Windows XP laptop and nothing like now on my current ten year old laptop with WIndows 7.That looks like the game is using the wron graphics card or like mine on an old computer using an intergrated card.I'm only able to load UC now and don't see graohics glitches unless I forget to do a few steps in getting my comuter ready to load the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It looks almost like it used to on my older Windows XP laptop and nothing like now on my current ten year old laptop with WIndows 7.That looks like the game is using the wron graphics card or like mine on an old computer using an intergrated card.I'm only able to load UC now and don't see graohics glitches unless I forget to do a few steps in getting my comuter ready to load the game.
mhh weird. i have a rather decent graphics card and my game is running on windows 11. i've been playing this game for a few months on this laptop, so i just hope its a random glitch. i kinda avoid the seaside in the game now haha

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
I really, really, really hope that's just a graphical glitch. Do you have GraphicsRuleMaker?
i have, and everything is set on high, no other glitches besides this one (which i hope is a glitch, cuz im avoiding all of the water in my game now because it looks scary)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 2:54 AM
Someone else had this a couple of years ago it was clash with some mod. Sorry I don't remember what.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 3:55 AM
I have it and thought it was normal. If someone finds the solution I will also appreciate it.
Space Pony
#9 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 8:30 PM
i have, and everything is set on high, no other glitches besides this one (which i hope is a glitch, cuz im avoiding all of the water in my game now because it looks scary)

It's probably fine, then. Just like you said, scary looking. Do you have any shaders or anything else the mods the graphics?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 10:11 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 12th Aug 2022 at 10:23 PM.
As I said up thread, this is a clash that I have seen before, not corruption, shaders, graphic cards etc.

I did some digging because my memory is poor and its been at least 5 years since I saw this issue posted about.

I think it may be a clash between Voeilles sea water mod and the wrong version of Better Nightlife by criquette.

@Sokisims
@xietresims

Also check for Moi’s Neighbourhood Water Global Mod

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
It's probably fine, then. Just like you said, scary looking. Do you have any shaders or anything else the mods the graphics?

nope, only graphics rule maker and a lightning mod

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
As I said up thread, this is a clash that I have seen before, not corruption, shaders, graphic cards etc.

I did some digging because my memory is poor and its been at least 5 years since I saw this issue posted about.

I think it may be a clash between Voeilles sea water mod and the wrong version of Better Nightlife by criquette.

@Sokisims
@xietresims

Also check for Moi’s Neighbourhood Water Global Mod

i have neither of those :p

Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 3:53 PM
^ if you've installed a lighting mod, it's possible some of the mods are included with it. Could be an idea to check.

Does the texture go away if you turn off shaders (boolProp UseShaders false)?
- The cheat could cause some issues and/or weirdness here and there when you turn it off, but this is just to test if the wavy texture is caused by a shader. You can turn it back on again after testing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 1:45 AM
i have neither of those :p

If it's not those exact ones then it's another mod clash to do with shaders or lighting. You might want to try a 50/50 hunt.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#15 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 5:32 PM
Sorry that I bump in here but I'm wondering what the issue is... mine looks the same... I thought thats normal? How does it look normal?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
Sorry that I bump in here but I'm wondering what the issue is... mine looks the same... I thought thats normal? How does it look normal?

It's a mod clash/lighting clash, a CC clash of some form. Seen it before and it looks exactly the same.

Your water should look like water.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 11:31 PM Last edited by KiraNettt : 1st Sep 2022 at 11:56 PM.
Do you have a mod for the water reflection in lot view? Or should it reflect without mods too? I don't have reflections... and the water looks like hers huh... need to try without mods tomorrow... but I can't remember it looking anything else befor I had much mods installed... lighting it can't be cause it looked like that befor I had any shader or lighting mods

Edit: I looked for other pictures and the water on lot view does look that bad for everyone too... the texture itself I thought was from a retexture