Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 5:59 PM
Default Adult children run into parent's arms
This is a behavior I've only seen occasionally, where a young adult or adult sim invites their family or just their mom over for the first time after moving out. I've only had it happen with moms but I think it would happen with dads too, not quite sure though. Anyway, when the adult child sim greets their mom, they go running to her while she stands with her arms wide open and does a waving in gesture with her hands. It's so sweet! :lovestruc It doesn't always happen and I'm not sure why but I feel like it's showing homesickness and missing mom.

Right now this is happening every single time Antonio Monty invites mom Isabella over, which I'm thinking is probably a glitch. But I was wondering if anyone else has seen this interaction in their game because I've never seen it mentioned before.

Also, I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus, and it's nice to be back here.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rielynn71
This is a behavior I've only seen occasionally, where a young adult or adult sim invites their family or just their mom over for the first time after moving out. I've only had it happen with moms but I think it would happen with dads too, not quite sure though. Anyway, when the adult child sim greets their mom, they go running to her while she stands with her arms wide open and does a waving in gesture with her hands. It's so sweet! :lovestruc It doesn't always happen and I'm not sure why but I feel like it's showing homesickness and missing mom.

Right now this is happening every single time Antonio Monty invites mom Isabella over, which I'm thinking is probably a glitch. But I was wondering if anyone else has seen this interaction in their game because I've never seen it mentioned before.

Also, I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus, and it's nice to be back here.

I have seen this! I thought it was just a really good parent/child relationship and it is cute. Also welcome back!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#3 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 7:31 PM
I've seen this too. It's just my impression that it seems to happen more when the parents are elders, or maybe it's if they are Family Sims. I've seen it a lot with John Burb. I also think it's really sweet.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 7:04 AM
Good to know it happens with dads too. I don't think Lucy ever invited her dad over in my game because he would just drop by and make himself at home.

Both times this has happened recently the parents were elder family sims with very close relationships to their children. I remember it happening in the past with YAs and an adult parent, so it might be related to an age gap between parent and child.

But it definitely looks like there is a pattern and I'm going to pay closer attention and also try inviting parents over more and see what happens.

Thanks @Charmful and @sturlington for your input!

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.