Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wrought Iron Porch Set *w/Recolorable Modular Stairs*

by tbudgett Posted 11th Nov 2008 at 12:27 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2011 at 2:13 AM by tbudgett : fixed stairs

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Inventor
#26 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:50 PM
Thanks, on both counts - though the tricky coding stuff on those is all Numenor's doing. I just did the meshing and more basic stuff.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 7:04 AM
Added modular stair installation file to post. Sorry for any trouble!!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
#28 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tbudgett
Added modular stair installation file to post. Sorry for any trouble!!!
Thanks!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Wiki Wizard
#29 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 2:42 PM
Wow, these are great, i love them :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 12:09 PM
these are great Always wanted more wrought iron stairs, especially spiral ones. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 4:49 AM
Wow. We should all be thankful for a set like this. The original fence and stairs came a long way since using them in base game or Nightlife. They traveled this far, being used off and on, and now are brought back with so much more versatility in design.
Inventor
#32 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 4:40 AM
Actually [in the process of renabbing things] you shouldn't have needed to make your recolourable stairs separate from the maxis ones - just overwrite them. That way, you don't have the clutter of extra stairs that are identical. Undoing the overwrite is as easy as removing your file.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 6:23 PM
thank you for this set!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 5:20 AM
Reyn - I am aware of this, but, for personal reason's, chose not to overwrite maxis objects.

Everyone, your post's are appreciated. tbudgett

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Please remember to hit the thanks button, if you like a creator's work or appreciate the effort. It really does mean a lot to the creators. -tbudgett
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 11:50 PM
Maxis/Ea seems notoriously lazy when it comes to matching things. Honestly...I would HATE to see these peoples real homes!

I really missed this from Sims1 because I love doing French Quarter/New Orleans style streets. Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 3:12 AM
I love that you have the vision to make matching set pieces that Maxis forgot or neglected to give us. :lovestruc
Do I smell more matching build sets in your future? Perhaps some fences to go with the lovely victorian/second empire set from M&G?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 12:53 AM
ClstlDrmr83 - Thanks for the kind words...Not M&G (don't like it!), probably Apartments or an expansion of my expansions..how about Lafenetre Bay Windows?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 1:34 AM
I have added instructions on how to apply the recolors to the modular stairs - If your having trouble figuring it out check the original post

Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 11:28 PM
Could you do a version of your modular stairs without the vertical drop down bits?
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 10:36 PM
Default More Matches
ClstlDrmr83 - Thanks for the kind words...Not M&G (don't like it!), probably Apartments or an expansion of my expansions..how about Lafenetre Bay Windows?

I love Bay Windows! :D
Forum Resident
#41 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 12:48 AM
Aren't the iron Spiral Stairs from The Sims 1?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
Aren't the iron Spiral Stairs from The Sims 1?

No, I didn't intend to match Sims1 but it would be kinda cool if I did. The stairs are made to match the Sims2 Wrought Iron Stairs.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 11:14 AM
Oh, I was looking for just that type of spiral stairs, can't believe I missed it before!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 8:41 AM
OMG!!! Wrought Iron Spiral staircase??! I missed them ever since they came out from Unleashed! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd May 2010 at 1:51 PM
Default Stair Fix
The Modular Stairs have been fixed and a new installation file has been added. The new stairs will overwrite the old ones but you will have to manually delete the old installation file before using the new one.

#46 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:16 PM
The Modular Stairs have been fixed and a new installation file has been added. The new stairs will overwrite the old ones but you will have to manually delete the old installation file before using the new one.
Thank you *again*! I note also that there is a lot more to this download than I currently have installed. My Sims2 Downloads manager informs me that the first file in the list is the only one currently installed, and that I didn`t have *any* of the archives available for installation, so I just [re?]downloaded the entire set.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 9:47 AM
Love the colours! This will surely spice of my neighborhood.
Bunned
THANKS POST
#48 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:47 AM
I downloaded these a few weeks ago, I had to come back and really thank you for these. I just love this set for my buildings, especially the top trim pieces. Those are genius and they've allowed me to make the N'awlins style houses I've always wanted to. Thank you so so much Tbudgett!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 8:35 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:13 AM
thanks ^^ i like
Page 2 of 3