Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 10:16 AM Last edited by Skyfri_Himmel : 25th Jun 2010 at 8:27 PM.
A perfect sim
Okay so this is a challenge i've tried my self.
It doesnt matter if you choose a male or female. It's about getting as rich as possible by completing all skills and all skill challenges. You must own all possible buildings, and if you have world adventure installed it's a requirement that you earn visa lvl 3 in all three countries and buy a vacation home in all three as well.

- create a sim male or female, doesnt matter which one.

- If you choose a female, you may not reproduce. The children will be distracting the mission of the perfect sim.

- choose good traits for your sim that will help him or her on the road to be a perfect sim. no bad traits may be chosen

- It is not allowed to cheat You must complete the challenge manuel.

- reach level 10 in all jobs and professions.

- reach lvl 3 visa in all destinitions and complete all missions and explore all tombs completely. Plus complete all traveling challenges.

- Have a household fund of more than 2.000.000

- Own all purchable buildings like the diner, hospital etc.

You can post in here when you are during it, or finished :D

Good luck
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 10:26 AM
May as well include completing all tombs, as just getting a level 3 visa is way too easy. =P

And.. *is currently doing this with two sims, though has aging off and motives on static mostly, because she finds it 'challenging' enough with things as is*

Also, you may want to specify what you mean by 'bad traits' ... because generally there's a positive to each one. Hates the Outdoors is WONDERFUL for this sort of thing for example. Because your sim will never go stir crazy. Insane is great because they'll never need to socialize. Neurotic gets a quick tranquil buff, and No Sense of Humor is incredibly useful, because their 'fun' moodlet caps out at 15 hours instead of the usual 8, so they can work hard all the time, with minimal stress.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 10:52 AM
Neurotic is powerful because "Freak Out" gives immunity to fun decay for several hours. NSOH is basically an inferior version of Neurotic, since reduced fun decay is not as good as no Fun Decay, and fun is not really the most critical of motives anyway.
Slob can be useful because it eliminates the need to ever actually bathe, as there is no negative moodlet for not doing so and your sim won't care that he stinks.
Evil gives immunity to Darkness, +2 combat bonus.
Loner, greatly reduced social decay, very important because you don't want to be wasting time on talking to people.

These 5 are all "Bad" traits, but they pretty much are entirely beneficial and have no real drawbacks. Extremely useful positive trait for adventurers is Brave, but this is not really a negative trait. The 4 above(skip NSOH for reasons given) + Brave pretty much makes for an excellent skillgrinder/adventurer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 8:23 PM
okay i think i need to explain more properly then. What i mean with bad traits in this challenge is the ones that is not beneficial for completing the things you need to completing this challenge. Skills like charismatic where you need to be very social and the NSOH wont be good there because there are the skill challenge where you need to tell 100 fun jokes. Plus it's good to have green thumb to complete the gardening skill + challenges faster than sims without this trait. And there Hate the outdoors wont be a good trait.
So traits like loner, hate the outdoors, no sense of humor, evil (not good for social skills + challenges), and the other traits you have written above are not good for this challenge.
Good sense of humor, artistic, bookworm, "hates art", friendly, charismatic, easily impressed, photografer, loves the outdoors, brave, ambitious etc. those all help your sim to complete everything. Plus during the missions in Egypt, China and France you will need to speak to a lot of people.

------------

I've added a few more things to the list that i just came to think of.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 3:58 AM
this just sounds like work. not fun.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 4:39 AM
I'd actually consider 'skill traits' ie-traits that make a sim good at a specific skill, to be more or less useless for this sort of thing. Sure, it helps for that ONE skill, but what about all the other ones? The only exception to that 'might' be bookworm, or genius, but if one wants to complete all skill challenges, bookworm is not as beneficial, since it becomes more practical to learn by doing than to learn by reading. Genius speeds up how fast you learn things slightly, but not enough to make much of an impact, and that still will not help one accomplish the skill challenges any faster. And.. have you actually played sims with the traits Pescado and I mentioned? ... My guess is that you haven't, or, you would know more of the perks that they have.

Good Sense of Humor, friendly, charismatic, and easily impressed = Useless. Sure. You build friends slightly faster, but it's even faster if one has all the 'people will like me' type lifetime rewards before one even needs friends, and then when one actually needs friends, to just go to the park and play guitar until one has as many as needed. No chatting required. And when Charisma and all it's challenges are completed (And one shouldn't really need to bother with Adventuring until after that), and one has those lifetime rewards I mentioned...... Anyone who walks onto your lot is automatically your best friend, even if they've never spoken to your sim, and all the 'talk to this person' fetch quest type garbage is beyond easy.

Already explained why artistic, bookworm, and photographer are useless..... Loves the outdoors is only useful if one is skilling out in the open, but I personally prefer the basement approach, because then my game doesn't have to render the unnecessary outside, and as I already mentioned, hates the outdoors does not get the stir crazy moodlet, therefor never needs to leave the lot, and there are many, many skills you can learn completely without needing to leave the lot. I've never tried 'Hates Art'. Ambitious gains lifetime happiness sooner, but in this sort of game, you'll end up with more lifetime happiness than you need, and Ambitious takes a hit whenever the sim feels like it isn't progressing fast enough.... which is constantly in this sort of game, because once all skills are completed, there is nothing left but careers to keep that moodlet from appearing, and completing skill challenges does not make them feel as if they are progressing.

Green Thumb would be useful possibly, because of the ability to talk to plants to stave off loneliness, but loner, insane, a 2nd sim, or a computer would do just as well, and sims in this challenge, unless needs are on static, do get lonely quite often. Also, your reasons for not liking Evil sims are unjustified. You can force Evil sims to act nicely when skilling for charisma, they just don't generally do it autonomously, and that trait has absolutely no impact on skill challenges.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#7 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyfri_Himmel
Skills like charismatic where you need to be very social and the NSOH wont be good there because there are the skill challenge where you need to tell 100 fun jokes.
I already downrated NSOH for other reasons, because you can get the same benefits out of NSOH that you can with Neurotic.

So traits like loner, hate the outdoors, no sense of humor, evil (not good for social skills + challenges), and the other traits you have written above are not good for this challenge.
Evil gives you a bonus in COMBAT. It has no effect on socials. It unlocks some Evil socials which are actually beneficial, but otherwise has no effect in-game. Aside from making you immune to Darkness. Loner also has no effect on socials, other than decreasing the rate of social decay and making your sim not like being surrounded by other sims...but since being surrounded by other sims drives me nuts as a PLAYER, that's not much of a drawback. Get away from me, strange puddings! Yeah, I have the Loner trait. Much of the time, your skill-grinding pudding will be grinding ALONE, so having low social decay is good, as there is nothing that refreshes Social quickly other than having to hunt down another pudding to annoy. Hates the Outdoors grants immunity to Stir Crazy, which CAN be useful, but isn't THAT useful due to the skill penalty for studying many skills at home anyway, instead of at a library.

Good sense of humor, artistic, bookworm, "hates art", friendly, charismatic, easily impressed, photografer, loves the outdoors, brave, ambitious etc. those all help your sim to complete everything. Plus during the missions in Egypt, China and France you will need to speak to a lot of people.
Ambitious only helps you in Jobs. Since you are not doing a conventional career, this is useless. GSOH, useful for ONE skill challenge in ONE skill. Artistic, Bookworm, useful for several skills, but for a 5-trait standard sim, not enough of a payoff. Brave, I already mentioned as important. Friendly/Charismatic, unimportant, the Charisma 25-sim start skillboost is all you really need. Green Thumb, again, single-skill trait. Helps your Gardening, if you're resurrecting Death Flowers, but Death Flowers are useless.

Bottom line: I conquer games by crushing them beneath my shiny black boot. Your F-ly "feel" of how things "should be" never even enters the picture. And some of those "bad" traits are the most powerful things in game. "Unlucky"? Try "Invincible". If dying were a more common event in the game, that trait would be godly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inventor
#8 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:23 PM
I'm not sure how hates art helps with the challenge. However, I think that not being distracted from studying to have to leave your home might be nice. Besides, if I make a greenhouse, then ought to be able to remain indoors to have my gardening too.

Just saying. I normally do things like eccentric, artistic, savvy sculptor, bookworm and perfectionist [or other skill type skills], but think I might try this with the 'negative' traits.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Theorist
#9 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 4:22 PM
I should think that even in Epic life span, the Sim won't live long enough to complete the challenge. Unless, disabling the aging system is allowed, or we could start as a teenager/child/toddler and start skilling up during those life states.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 9:31 PM
With Epic Lifespan it's possible. At least for the base game challenges. I did that once. And they'll eventually learn how to grow/fish/cook ambrosia, so after that it's not too hard to stay alive. But also, if you leveled your visa up first, you could basically live in the vacation worlds most of the time, where your sims can skill non-stop without aging much.