Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2012 at 1:50 AM Last edited by justJones : 10th Feb 2014 at 2:20 PM.
Mafia Challenge
Brought to you by the Billionaire Legacy creator

Have you ever played the game "Mafia"? It's a fun game. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a role playing game. The more people you have, the more fun it is. The in-person version is run with a narrator, and playing cards. The idea is people are randomly assigned one of at least 3 roles (though other roles can be added if there are enough people) by using the cards. Face cards are mafia, aces are sherrifs, and 2-10 are townies. You can Google it if you wan't more details.

I thought, "Why not adapt this for the sims?" And a new challenge was born!

You may play this version from the perspective of either the sheriffs, or the mafia. Each perspective has similar but differing win conditions, so I will outline the rules for each in two separate segments.

Mafia Perspective

-Build cheats only

-Normal lifespan, or the equivalent of 90 days.

-Start with a single YA sim, male or female. This Sim needs to aspire to something related to the criminal career track (Master Thief, or Emperor of Evil). Does not HAVE to have the Evil trait.

You character aspires to truly take over the world. To do that, you need to bring everyone (except service NPC's: maids, bartenders, paperboy, ect.) into "the family", and "whack" those who refuse.

-Your founder should begin in the criminal career track, and begin looking for a spouse. Try to marry off children in such a way that their spouses take your family name. No using city hall to accomplish this.

-After marrying into the family, the sim must change to the criminal career track.

Here's an example:

Founder is Bobby Plumgiovanni

He has two children: Simmy and Sammy.

Simmy is the heir, gets married. Wife takes name and joins criminal career track. They decide to stay living at home, to take over the estate after his parents die.

Sammy is there to help spread the family name. Sammy gets married. Wife joins criminal career track. Sammy and Mrs. Sammy must now move out. Any children they reproduce should end up with the mafia family name.

-Your sims may reproduce as many sims as you like in order to spread the family name faster.

-You may choose the traits for your founder, but the traits of your offspring must always be randomized. This should add some difficulty, and perhaps humor to the experience.

-Any sim caught cheating on their partner, where their partner is in "the family", must be "whacked". So if Mrs. Simmy cheats on Mr. Simmy, then Mrs. Simmy dies. Mr. Simmy is free to re-marry.

-Do NOT delete sims to whack them, you must actually kill them. Some imagination required. You may need a bigger graveyard.

-Any officer who arrests someone in your active household for criminal activity, must be whacked. (Except for curfew breakers)

-All sims with the "Good" trait must be whacked. Especially if they were born into "the family." (Note: If they were born into the family, then you don't HAVE to whack them until they become an Adult sim. Until then you may use them to acquire household funds.)

-Elder sims must retire as soon as becoming an elder. Note this only applies to your active household.

-Every sim of blood relation to the family may re-marry if spouse dies. This includes elder sims. Any sim who marries into the family, may NOT re-marry outside the family.

-To truly be a mafia family, you have to have a monopoly on something, so that's the world. Own all venue's, and change their names to include the family's name.

So the summary of the win conditions for this perspective: Have everyone in town eventually obtain the family name, be in or retire from the criminal career track, own all venues.

Sheriff Perspective

-Build cheats only

-Normal lifespan, or the equivalent of 90 days.

-Start with a single YA sim, male or female. This Sim needs to aspire to something related to the law enforcement career track. Must have the "Good" trait.

You character aspires to rid the world of evil. To do that, you need to rehabilitate everyone in the whole world (except service NPC's: maids, bartenders, paperboy, ect.), and execute the evil doers.

-Your founder should begin in the law enforcement career track, and begin looking for a spouse. Try to marry off children in such a way that their spouses take your family name. No using city hall to accomplish this.

-After marrying into the family, the sim must change to the law enforcement career track.

-After marrying into the family, the sim must undergo a personality adjustment and acquire the "Good" personality trait.

-Your sims may reproduce as many sims as you like in order to spread the family name faster. From this perspective, you still want everyone in town to have your family name.

-You may choose the traits for your founder, but the traits of your offspring must always be randomized.

-Do NOT delete sims to execute them, you must actually kill them. Some imagination required. You may need a bigger graveyard.

-Any criminal who is arrested by someone in your active household for criminal activity, must be executed.

-All sims with the "Evil" trait must be executed. Especially if they were born into "the family." (Note: If they were born into the family, then you don't HAVE to execute them until they become an Adult sim. Until then you may use them to acquire household funds.)

-Elder sims must retire as soon as becoming an elder. Note this only applies to your active household.

-Every sim of blood relation to the family may re-marry if spouse dies. This includes elder sims. Any sim who marries into the family, may NOT re-marry outside the family.

-To truly see to it that good prevails, you have to have controlling authority on something, or really, everything. Own all venue's, and change their names to include your family's name.

So the summary of the win conditions for this perspective: Have everyone in town eventually obtain the family name, be in or retire from the law enforcement career track, own all venues.

From both of these perspectives, the idea is to either weed out everyone who is, or could become a member of the opposing side. By controlling last names and careers, you should be able to eventually wipe out the entire opposing perspective.

Remember that service NPC's are not included, as I'm sure the computer will generate them indefinitely.

You may choose to make this easier by turning off story progression.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th May 2012 at 2:44 PM
This sounds so cool! I think I'm gonna try it! Can't wait!

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th May 2012 at 2:33 AM
I used to play this game ALL the time! I'll definitly bookmark this.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 12:32 AM
I like how "Good"="Kill Everyone I Think is Bad"
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 6:23 PM
What if, instead of killing, the sherriff would "isolate" an Evil sim until they change their ways-or something else equally torturous without death.
I mean, they are Good sims.
Instructor
#6 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 11:27 AM
The Vinci, The Falcone, & The Clemente are most popular family in Mafia II

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 1:42 PM
I've been doing a variation of this for my Alto blog. Maybe when I'm done with that story, I could select someone else in town and switch to the Sheriff side.
Inventor
#8 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 4:41 PM
Here is my founder, Dr Killy McGee. It feels kind of awkward being the only one sharing pictures, but here goes. I have a wife thought out for him (that I made myself), is that allowed or is there a townies only-rule?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 3:15 PM
This sounds interesting
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 5:20 PM
oooh I like this, gonna give it a try when I finish the stolen princess challenge
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 7:31 PM
This looks like a very fun challenge. To me, the mafia side sounds more fun but I guess for story purposes being the "good" but corrupt cop family is interesting as well. I downloaded a countryside-type world the other day, I think I'm in for a good ol' mothercountry mafia control angle.

btw I love how every time you repeated the word "whack" it became more hilarious.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 4:31 PM
I think to combine this with another challenge http://modthesims.info/t/540700 and my founder is Hitman Evil.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
Here is my founder, Dr Killy McGee. It feels kind of awkward being the only one sharing pictures, but here goes. I have a wife thought out for him (that I made myself), is that allowed or is there a townies only-rule?

(being totally sarcastic here....and yes, everytime he mentioned 'whack' and/or 'execute' it did make me laugh even harder....so I have to add to that, of course...)

(...a quiet conversation at the local warehouse...)
Founding Elder says in a gravely voice: "Dr. Killy McGee? Did I not teach you anything?"
Dopey Cousin: <shrugs> "Whaa?"
The Elder sighs, easing himself into a nearby chair.
Elder: "No self-respecting famiglia would EVA make an Irishman a made man!" His cold stare causing the Cousin to shift nervously.
After a long, disquieting pause, the Elder lowers his gaze to the floor, then to hulking man in the corner shadow.
Elder: <after a nearly imperceptible nod> "Whack 'em both."
His gaze shifts to the view outside the broken panes of the warehouse window.