Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 9:42 PM
Why might this CC not show up?
I found an image of a CC clothing item on google I needed to make a certain sim. It turned out it was by someone who deleted nearly all their CC uploads, but I managed to find it on a simsfileshare. I put it in the mods folder, mods/cc enabled, and the game recognizes the cc item is installed, but when I look for it while making a sim, it does not appear as an option at all.I tested with other CC and had no issues. It is not a cc/mod conflict because there is currently no other cc or mod installed. In fact it what the first CC I attempted to use. Is there a reason this might happen? Or is there a way I could figure it why and fix it?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 9:55 PM
It is common for older CAS items to not be classified as either Masculine or Feminine, which can make them harder to find in CAS now, after those tags were added, even though the CC is otherwise working fine. If you link to the download, I or someone else can check to see if that's what the problem is, and/or I (or possibly someone else, it's a thing lots of experienced CC users and creators would know about) can explain what you can do to investigate and possibly fix it yourself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cidira
It is common for older CAS items to not be classified as either Masculine or Feminine, which can make them harder to find in CAS now, after those tags were added, even though the CC is otherwise working fine. If you link to the download, I or someone else can check to see if that's what the problem is, and/or I (or possibly someone else, it's a thing lots of experienced CC users and creators would know about) can explain what you can do to investigate and possibly fix it yourself.

Thank you so much for the consideration!
The creator is YounZoey.
Download link: https://simfileshare.net/folder/31159/
The item I'm trying to use is the "younzoey_adidas_tracktop_v2_am.package"
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 1:09 AM
I just downloaded the package and had a quick look, and the problem was exactly what I expected it to be -- while it is tagged for the male FRAME, it is not tagged for the masculine STYLE that was introduced in the gender patch (years ago by now).

Clothes that are are not tagged with either the masculine or feminine style tag will never show up when either the masculine or feminine style filter is turned on in CAS; they'll ONLY show up when neither filter is turned on. It's easy to turn off the filter, but when you're seeing both EA and CC clothes, the fact that you're viewing both masculine-tagged and feminine-tagged clothes (as well as CC with no tag) can make it hard to find what you're looking for. However, if you don't have much CC, you can also turn ON the filter that makes the game only show CC, and then it's easy to find again. (Or, you can learn to update the tags, which cannot be done in the game itself, but is still an easy matter of clicking a couple of buttons, not complicated modding.)

If you're going to venture into the world of CC, I definitely recommend downloading and installing Sims4Studio and learning to do some CC management with it. It is absolutely a program for ordinary players who use CC and not just for creators. It's vital for anyone who wants to keep using existing CC as the game continues to receive new packs and patches, since the TS4 devs often add or change things that affect custom content, and S4S not only already contains many batchfixes you can use to update older CC -- including one that finds all CAS items that don't have a masculine/feminine style tag and could, and gives them the tag that "matches" the frame they're made for, so you can find them without turning the filters off -- but also is updated with new batchfixes as new changes are made to TS4.

It's also incredibly useful for just setting your CC up the way you like it. For example, this tracksuit is tagged for Everyday, Athletic, and Sleep. If you don't want it to show up as pajamas, you could change those tags so it only shows up for Everyday and Athletic. It's also tagged Allow For Random, which means it could show up on Sims automatically generated by the game in addition to you using it on the ones you dress yourself. If you don't want it to show up on random Sims, you could turn that off. And if you have content that already has masculine/feminine style tags, but you'd like it to be tagged differently, you can change them -- e.g. if you have a pair of women's jeans that's only tagged for the feminine style, but you think it'd work just as well on a female Sim who prefers masculine clothes, you could tag it with both styles, and then it would show up no matter which style filter you had on.