Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 10:57 PM Last edited by CleoSombra : 5th Jul 2010 at 11:15 PM.
Default Spawn of a New Era (Simbots)
Four sims, strangers to each other, share nothing in common but the enthusiastic hobby of inventing. Taken from their happy homes nestled in quiet communites, they have been dropped into a prison with no windows, no doors, and no way out.

As they come about and explore this strange place, they find a document lying on the kitchen table. They have been ordered to create 20 Simbots, built to certain specifications, which must be sent out in sets of four. Only after the last simbot has been built and shipped out will these four creative sims be free to go home.

There are many questions left unanswered. Who has put them here? The government? Who is forcing them to create these simbots and for what purpose? Military? Will they ever be let go or is the promise of freedom a lie?

For this challenge, up to four sims can be used to create 20 simbots. Simbots are shipped out (moved to a new location as a group) when the house is full. That means that if there are three creators, there must be 5 simbots before they can be shipped out. If there are two creators, there must be 6 simbots, so on and so forth.

Inventors
Only one sim can have the "Eccentric" trait. This sim will be the leader of the group.
One trait may be shared by two sims. Choose wisely.
Tip: Have one sim with the Green Thumb trait to make it easier to gather life fruits.
Only the leader may leave the lot, with the exception of the simbot recipe opportunities.
Only when the leader has proven his/her loyalties to the cause, by reaching level 5 in the inventing skill, will he/she be allowed to leave the lot.
The leader may only leave the lot for the simbot opportunities and to collect seeds and rocks. No interaction on community lots is allowed. The leader is being closely monitored at all times.

Simbots
Only sims can create Simbots.
When a simbot is created, it must be reprogrammed to have the following traits: Athletic, Good, Handy, Hydrophobic. The fifth trait is your choice.
Simbots can invent, mine, cook, clean, or do whatever you need or want them to do.
Simbots cannot leave the lot.
Simbots can only move out then the house is full.

Housing
You can create the lot for your sims however you want, although I think it's more fun to create a lot to match the story behind the challenge.
The sims have been dropped in some mysterious building, perhaps a warehouse in the middle of nowhere. They don't know who or what kidnapped them and placed them here, although one sim suspects is the military's doing.
The house is cold and industrial, the items in the house serve for function, not fun. The cheapest beds are used, as is the cheapest fridge and microwave. All the same, though, the kidnappers understand the importance of mental wellbeing for efficiency in doing the complex work required, so there are some entertainment items, such as an easel, a bookcase (for reference and for pleasure), a chess board, and stereo.
Showers should be placed in both the bathrooms and inventing rooms in case any sim should accidentally set themselves on fire.
Example
Example

Further Rules
You can (and will probably need to) cheat for money to create the lot and purchase scrap.
Only collected gems, rocks, and metals can be sold. Created gadgets, paintings, etc, cannot.
You are allowed to cheat on one of the ingredients for the simbot recipe. Creating simbots can be hard, especially for those with short attention spans or glitchy computers. When you start the challenge, decide which ingredient you'll want to cheat to obtain - lifefruit, heart-shaped pink diamonds, or pallidum. Once you've decided, you can't switch.
No sims can move in or out and if one of the inventors dies, he or she cannot be replaced.
Police and firefighters can be used (from the burglar or fire alarm), but no other service NPCs can be used. You have a broken TV? You fix it. Want pizza? Make 20 simbots and you can have all the pizza you want.
Once the 20 simbots are created, it's game over. You can send your sims off into freedom. Or kill them. No questions asked.
Lifetime Happiness rewards can be used and shared. If one sim buys the collector's helper reward, the leader sim can use it. Exception: You cannot purchase "My Best Friend."

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
Creating simbots can be hard, especially for those with short attention spans or glitchy computers. When you start the challenge, decide which ingredient you'll want to cheat to obtain - lifefruit, heart-shaped pink diamonds, or pallidum. Once you've decided, you can't switch.
Great challenge, I might think about it, but what you said right here, in bold, cheating for heart-shaped pink diamonds? May I ask how? I have been trying forever to get a heart-shaped gem.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Austin0331
Great challenge, I might think about it, but what you said right here, in bold, cheating for heart-shaped pink diamonds? May I ask how? I have been trying forever to get a heart-shaped gem.

I tried twice on two different lots to get a sim to earn the heart-cut collecting reward (or whatever you want to call it) and it's never worked for me - I think I have a glitch. Which is why I've implemented this one cheat rule.

I used treeag's Treasure box which allowed me to buy heart shaped pink diamonds. :3

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien