Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 12:00 AM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 18th Jul 2012 at 6:58 PM. Reason: Changed link
Default Shimrod's Mod-pimping Thread
My Ambitions Unlocked mod has been remade to version 2, because of a couple changes to that XML. Downloading the new version is mandatory for anyone using the mod.

All of my Mods are here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
It's required to register at this site to get into the site.

New mods today:
Market Stall More Items
More Frequent Bathing
Sims Play With Puppets

Other mods:
Ambitions Unlocked ver2
No Pregnancy
No Sleepwear
360 Lot Camera
Pregnant Walkstyle Removed
Bookshelf More Books
Route-Fail Anim Replaced
Male Dance Anims Replaced

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 2:34 AM
Your doing some awesome work Shimrod101, I keep wondering what you'll come up with next. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 8:09 AM
I love how quickly your adding mods Shimrod! Great work as always.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 8:54 AM
I like the idea of more frequent baths, but this also means that random, uninvited guests, will also take a bath, right ? Do you think you could find out how to make certain rooms private ? I would start with the black smith Right now it feels more like a townhall...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:19 AM
Random uninvited guests will take baths more often, yes. This is the whole point of the mod. The best idea, it seems to me, which people have suggested is making lockable doors. This could be done as default replacement on all doors as there is no build mode.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:27 AM Last edited by akbaa : 12th Apr 2011 at 6:53 PM.
Yes, thats also a solution The question however remains what would happen to those npcs locked out. Would they always walk against the door and moan about something blocking their path ? I just hope that this wouldnt happen...and that you can decide who to let in, something like "family only"

Now something else : Do you think you can make a mod so Sims can read books while relaxing in bed ? In Sims 3 they can do this, so it would be nice to see them do this again
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 11:25 AM
Wizard Easy Spells mod is available at the link in top message or link in my sig file. It moves the spells and runes to level 1 so the wizard can learn everything early. Also gives more spell slots.

Instructor
#8 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Random uninvited guests will take baths more often, yes. This is the whole point of the mod. The best idea, it seems to me, which people have suggested is making lockable doors. This could be done as default replacement on all doors as there is no build mode.

Hm, yes, but the problem is that in some houses the bedroom, for instance, doesn't have a door, but is accessed by just a staircase, so we would need a "lockable" staircase too...

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Hm, yes, but the problem is that in some houses the bedroom, for instance, doesn't have a door, but is accessed by just a staircase, so we would need a "lockable" staircase too...

Why do you presume that this is necessarily a "problem"? You can't know this, and I of course don't know either. Maybe it will turn out to be 5 times simpler to make a "cloned default replacement" door (or whatever) in this game than in Sims3. If someone started looking at TSM resources instead of Sims3 CC hair or other stuff which they want to port over to this game, maybe they would find some amazing simple stuff. Presumably there are some who are doing this, they just haven't posted much about it.

Instructor
#10 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 11:55 AM
Sorry if I didn't explain myself well, I didn't mean that the problem was making a default lockable door. I have no idea about modding, but someone who has can probably do it. I just meant that some spaces that one would like to be more private don't have a door, like the blacksmith's bedroom, but still maybe one wouldn't want to lock his front door and make his house inaccessible altogether

Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Sorry if I didn't explain myself well, I didn't mean that the problem was making a default lockable door. I have no idea about modding, but someone who has can probably do it. I just meant that some spaces that one would like to be more private don't have a door, like the blacksmith's bedroom, but still maybe one wouldn't want to lock his front door and make his house inaccessible altogether

In TS3 Late night, they had these orb things that could be flagged for public or private areas etc, now if they just gave us a bloomin orb to flag and decide who goes where it would be done alot faster, but they say they dont want kids messing up the game etc,..so people have to do a work around, The doors have no flags and it will need to be scripted or recloned, finding the person to do this will be a demigod among medieval simmers.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 5:59 AM
The one mod I was waiting for the most, your market stall mod, but it isn't working in my game! Your camera mod is, as well as other mods. I placed it in the mod, package folder, and the modification prerequisite instruction I followed. Do I have the mod in the right folder, or am I misunderstanding what the mod does? Does this occur only when playing the Hero merchant?
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bezo
Does this occur only when playing the Hero merchant?

Probably, since it would interfere with his/her responsibilities and funds? When playing with the Merchant, Spy, Blacksmith or any Sim that has something to sell, they don't have anything to sell in their inventory or market stall unless they craft it or trade for it, but when you're playing with another Sim and click on these Sims to buy something from them you get all the options.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:15 AM
Does this occur only when playing the Hero merchant?

Like Alex says, the mod doesn't place anything there if you are playing the merchant, so mod appears to be not working. It's meant for when one is playing all the other hero sims, like a buy all books in the bookstore mod or all fruits and veggies and fish buyable at the store mod (Sims3).

Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 9:42 AM
I sent my Monarch to buy from the stall, I thought 50 items would show up. Although I do see some unique things and quest items, but it still doesn't add up to 50. And I was hoping that the
count of some items, such as the food was increased, and that everything that sells at the village would show up everyday. Thus making it no longer a neccessity to go to the village. That village is dangerous! My sims often come out of there limping, and yet have to run into a robber waiting at the entrance!! Yea, I know...where's the chalenge! Well someone could create a mod that makes the merchant's prices much higher! So there is a price to pay for convience! I noticed when purchasing items from the physician, nurse, wizzard, and even the spy, you can purchase any amount you
want of the item, I could buy 99 tonics if I want! Can a mod be created to enable the merchant stall and village shop to do the same? Why the creator's of this game did not give us this same feature
when purchasing items from the village?! They wanted out sims to get beat up, and cheated of course!!!! Can the count of the food products be increased? Bread was often made during medieval times,
and I want all my hero's to make it everyday, but there isn't enough wheat and barley to stock up on.
Instructor
#16 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 9:47 AM
That village is dangerous! My sims often come out of there limping, and yet have to run into a robber waiting at the entrance!!

I think you need your Kingdom to have a higher security level and this won't happen, or at least not so often.

Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 10:13 AM
Yes I know! That may be a while for me! In the meantime I'll just have the merchant hire the knight to make the trips for her. (paying him of course) I gave him the ability to trade on the ship, so he goes, while she can stay and keep selling, thanks to mods! And the market stall mod will be fun! I noticed some items in stock that are on the trade lists. I'm going to start my merchant off without any money and see how rich I can make her in trading! I give thanks to all of the mod creators out there!!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 3:24 PM
Yes I know! That may be a while for me! In the meantime I'll just have the merchant hire the knight to make the trips for her. (paying him of course) I gave him the ability to trade on the ship, so he goes, while she can stay and keep selling, thanks to mods! And the market stall mod will be fun! I noticed some items in stock that are on the trade lists. I'm going to start my merchant off without any money and see how rich I can make her in trading! I give thanks to all of the mod creators out there!!!!

Well I didn't know you could hire Knights with the merchant, thanks for the tip bezo, and I love Your mods Shimrod, I have been a fan of your for a long time, you always make mods that are essential, you are my cure for irritation.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 13th Jun 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Here is another "essential" mod, lol, allows all sims to play with and talk through...the teddy bears!

Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 10:44 PM
Default Shimrod101
What for ban on ts3? All the same I can enter with HideMyASS I all the same love you
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 11:01 PM
If you have been banned on TSCExchange I'm sure it's for the 3 or 4 spam messages on that one thread of mine. I reported those messages to admin as spam, and that was the end of it for me; I know nothing more about the issue.

Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 11:17 PM
I wrote one message to you, look please. Forgive that here I write.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Shimrod101 : 17th Apr 2011 at 3:31 AM.
TSM Low Fat Sims is at the site in my sig now.

TSM More Map Tags also available.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 3:46 PM
Also a .dds replacement for the green gruel.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 6:16 PM
Thank-you!!!!!
Page 1 of 8