Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10451 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 5:29 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 3rd Dec 2020 at 5:53 PM.
So did they ever fix that patch that was supposed to fix the snowy escape patch? Because I've been experiencing crashes with my legacy household but I'm too scared to update my game lol

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10452 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 7:28 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 4th Dec 2020 at 1:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So did they ever fix that patch that was supposed to fix the snowy escape patch? Because I've been experiencing crashes with my legacy household but I'm too scared to update my game lol

That’s a good question. For most games, widespread crashes should be technically dealt with right away via hot patches, not given a week or two to percolate.

With SimguruDuke leaving, I do wonder if there are troubles behind the scenes...
Forum Resident
#10453 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 9:43 PM
^ I had to do a double take because you said Drake and I was like, didn't she already? Just checked, it's Duke that's leaving. I was pretty sure that's who you meant anyway. Still, doesn't bode well for TS4.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#10454 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 9:45 PM
Ha! Take a look at this.

https://simsvip.com/2020/12/03/simg...ith-the-sims-4/

Instructor
#10455 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Ha! Take a look at this.

https://simsvip.com/2020/12/03/simg...ith-the-sims-4/

One wonders if SimGuruGraham has got an upgrade. SimGuruLyndsay has two jobs now as someone remarked on Twitter and has had for some time...
@SimGuruLyndsay
Hello! I'm the Executive Producer / GM of The Sims. All Sims all the time! Sul Sul.
Theorist
#10456 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 11:01 PM
Duh, duh, duh... another one bites the dust.

Adios, Michael Duke.  It's been real; not so much.  I've been having more fun watching paint dry, literally.  Baseboards, ceilings and trim, oh my!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10457 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 12:28 AM
Lindsey has been around the block for a while and was actually a producer for Apartment Life, so hopefully that magic will carry over

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#10458 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 1:32 AM
Lel from thr looks of Graham's repobse, the impression I get TS4 may well be stretched last (unless it manages to break soonee due to lack of performance optimization care) till 2030. That's lovely.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#10459 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 1:43 AM
If that's true then Paralives has plenty time to develop and possibly release with no competition. And plenty time even for the biggest TS4 fan to get sick of being wrung dry of their money for a subpar product.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10460 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Lel from thr looks of Graham's repobse, the impression I get TS4 may well be stretched last (unless it manages to break soonee due to lack of performance optimization care) till 2030. That's lovely.

I don't want this to be around that long unless they go back and clean their mess up.

Scholar
#10461 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 4:26 AM
in 2018, they announced the extended it's time, till 2021, I was fine with that,the game had the most empty start off all, and besides things like toddlers were still quite new back then.

But now I cannot see it finishing next year, it's still too much of a cash grab and EA have learnt, it doesn't matter what we throw at them, recycled content, half-finished content, into a bugged-ridden pack where any sort gameplay is barely existent.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10462 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 4:44 AM
The fact that TS2 managed to sell more with fewer packs in a shorter time frame, while also having much more content...

Lab Assistant
#10463 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 6:03 AM
More the Sims 4 until twenty-fucking-thirty? I think I'm going to be sick. Why won't this awful thing die off already? Can't consumers tell that this has gone on for way, way too long? Aren't they fucking exhausted yet?

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Forum Resident
#10464 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:45 AM
I find it hard to believe that even EA could drag a monster like this out until 2030. Not that they wouldn't try if they knew people didn't care one way or the other.

But consider this. If that somehow did end up being the case, from the time TS4 was released, that would mean 16 years of this game being in active development. Six. Teen. Years. That's unheard of for a game that isn't a huge MMO.

Like, how do people look at this game and be like "Wellgollygee, EA busts their asses for us so we have no right to say anything"? Look at any of the fan sites. The first comment to post something even remotely critical spawns "Don't like it? Move on." type of dismissive comments. Do those people really not understand why anyone "complains"? I've never seen such blind approval for a company that obviously doesn't want to give you value for your money, right the opposite, and act like people have no right to criticize a product that they paid for.

If this game does continue into 2030 and possibly beyond, I don't forsee anyone looking forward to a new base game anyway. Most that don't like it prob wouldn't be willing to give a new game a chance or at least be extremely hesitant, and TS4 players will feel alienated for having spent $700+ on a game and packs to get a modicum of something close to a complete game.

Alchemist
#10465 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 11:18 AM
GROSS!!!

''For EA, the Sims 4 well hasn’t run dry'' umm it never did for TS2 or TS3

what does his name even mean?
Theorist
#10466 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 12:18 PM
Graham didn't say that TS4 content would continue to be developed until 2030.  The article from GamesRadar or whatever it is is linked in my signature. All he said was there is plenty of content left for TS4, sure there is.  Considering how Father Winter's beard brought TS4 to it's knees and they have left the game broken for 2 weeks, me thinks this contradicts Graham's nonsense. EA as a company has been losing money, they're not going to get off their butts and invest a whole lot into a new IP, assuming they do it at all.  If there is a TS5 in the making, it is kind of scary to think how bare bones that is going to be.  Take what TS4 released with, then cut that content in half along with every DLC pack that follows.

People for whatever reason continue to tolerate being disrespected as consumers and will willingly put up whatever proverbial bitch slap EA delivers at any given time.  Can't help those that won't help themselves. Yibs are going to make noise about how TS4 is the best game ever regardless of what happens in reality. TS4 their bread and butter; they're not going to go against EA unless their fan bases dry up. Considering how creepily invested some people are into the likes of James, Deli, ect... the pool isn't going to dry up.  That being said, YouTube is making things harder for new people to walk into that space.  With their new rules of having to have 1,000 subs and 4,000 hours of watch time to avoid having Google throw ads on a video, the roll out of new Yibs popping every time the wind changes direction is going to come to crawl, if it doesn't stop all together.  At the moment, these new rules only apply to those in the US, worldwide enforcement is coming soon.

EA is a dawg. They will continue to do what dawgs do.
Instructor
#10467 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 2:59 PM
I expect Sims4 will last as long as EA Play supports it for people subscribing and still playing it in future years. Whether it will be developed for another ten years is another matter.

The flies in the ointment are whether the OSs will support the game in future. Mac already has had problems with Sims3 which had to be dealt with and EA appears to have launched new Sims games whenever Microsoft updates its' OS. As Windows 10 seems neverending, just getting upgrades from time to time, it's more likely that Sims 4 will still be playable in 2030 isn't it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10468 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I expect Sims4 will last as long as EA Play supports it for people subscribing and still playing it in future years.

: "Electronic Arts announces the Sims 4 store."

Theorist
#10469 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
: "Electronic Arts announces the Sims 4 store."

I'm not sure if a store would fix TS4 at this point.  It would be more crap piled on top of crap that is already broken.  What would be the point?  Put TS4 out of its misery sooner?
Forum Resident
#10470 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 5:08 PM
TS4 Store: $20 for one item. There are no sets whatsoever, and each item is released six months apart. BuT It'S A FeATuRe ThE CoMmUNitY HaS ReQUeSTeD. We HEaR YoUUU!

Yep, I think that'll stretch it out to 2030, don't you?

Field Researcher
#10471 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 5:58 PM
Lindsey has been around the block for a while and was actually a producer for Apartment Life, so hopefully that magic will carry over

First of all no she isn’t credited on that expansion at all.

Second, carry over to what? She’s been executive producer/GM since 2016. Under her leadership we’ve seen: my 1st pet stuff, strangerville, and batuu, all of which were critical failures resulting in some sort of change to production. (MFP- bye stuff packs, SV- bye Grant, JtB- bye Duke).

What magic do you think she’s going to bring to the table next?
Mad Poster
#10472 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:25 PM
I don't want this to be around that long unless they go back and clean their mess up.

Nobody wants it, but doesn't look like the game is going at any soon halt/end. Just had a thought that perhaps aside from game being unplayable, another factor could be until they no longer get revenue once EA's fucks up something so much that everybody stands up, gives a middle finger and leave them on the manslaughter scene they leave. I thought that until I realize EA is a multi-millionaire company that has infinite amount of money they can invest making more packs and there's really nothing inevitable making them end the production for a new IP sequal. So really, it's either they break the game, leave a DEEP wound to the fanbase after goofinharound with a sharp knife, or for unknown reason choose to end TS4 out of the blue (and it sincerely won't be because of appealing consumers' demand).

Forum Resident
#10473 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
First of all no she isn’t credited on that expansion at all.

Second, carry over to what? She’s been executive producer/GM since 2016. Under her leadership we’ve seen: my 1st pet stuff, strangerville, and batuu, all of which were critical failures resulting in some sort of change to production. (MFP- bye stuff packs, SV- bye Grant, JtB- bye Duke).

What magic do you think she’s going to bring to the table next?

Lindsey's current position in reality is nothing more than a glorified spokesperson. People like to look at her as the "leader" but she's really only presenting The Sims brand as a whole.

Producers like (formerly) Grant and Duke are the ones who influence the direction of where a pack actually goes, then the programmers and artists work from that direction. And when you have the bulk of a game being influenced by producers, you run into things like pack concepts coming out of left field or being a staple but leaving certain things out (No doghouses in C&D because Grant says people who have them are terrible people, and also says he had to be "convinced" including cats too was a good idea because he likes dogs.)

Mad Poster
#10474 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 9:09 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 4th Dec 2020 at 9:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
(No doghouses in C&D because Grant says people who have them are terrible people, and also says he had to be "convinced" including cats too was a good idea because he likes dogs.)

it's kinda insane that "should there be cats?" had to be a thought process and even a question Oh wait-- it's from Grant. The least who would give a fuck about fan service cause it's a job for him and he rather go for a story-driven game than say farming that has horses for all the equestrian players It's kind of joke he was in control of the wheel and we may even not have Cats if Grant didn't have to listen to his colleges. The more I hear BTS sbout what has been said or done in the studio, the more tempted I wanna hang myself on a rope.

Doesn't look anyone gives much shit of the current remaining devs we have except maybe Graham till he hasn't got complete bored about The Sims.

Forum Resident
#10475 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
it's kinda insane that "should there be cats?" had to be a thought process and even a question Oh wait-- it's from Grant. The least who would give a fuck about fan service cause it's a job for him and he rather go for a story-driven game than say farming that has horses for all the equestrian players Doesn't look anyone gives much shit of the current remaining devs we have except maybe Graham till he hasn't got complete bored about The Sims.

Imagine if he was dead serious and Cats and Dogs had been released as separate packs...

The Sims 4: Woof and The Sims 4: Meow

What in the hell would they even call a horse centered pack?

Locked thread
Page 419 of 447