Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#25601 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 9:11 PM
Lol! Yeah don't worry, you haven't missed anything. Them being elves is because I've decided they are. In actual gameplay they're witches and warlocks with pointy ears who've drunk a lot of life elixirs. And then I've made up rules for them that separate them from gods and angels (who are wizards when they're in Middle Earth instead of Valinor). Who are also witches and warlocks.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#25602 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 9:33 PM
@Sunbee - I would either have the Guy own the church lot and then invite or teleport in the sims for 'service'. I fyou want to keep it a community lot, I would just teleport in the pastor when the sims going to service arrive.

@Pideli - Ok rap battles are not en vogue with elves but what if we amend 'rap battle' to 'poetry battle' I'm sure elves are into aggressive poetry.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25603 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I don't want to miss out on elvish cuteness
Me neither, but I gave up trying to figure out other people's games a long time ago, I have enough trouble keeping up with my own!
Field Researcher
#25604 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:41 AM
Does someone know what happened to PMBD?

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Top Secret Researcher
#25605 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@Pideli - Ok rap battles are not en vogue with elves but what if we amend 'rap battle' to 'poetry battle' I'm sure elves are into aggressive poetry.

However, regardless of fantasy or not, I do make my sims rap to call attention to themselves when they should fish. Since you can't queue that. It works so :shrug:
But every time I hear it I'm equally confused.

Mad Poster
#25606 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
For those of you who play with religions, how do you get your preacher to show up at the church when you take other sims there? Do you just have them own the lot? (I'm using Almighty Hat's variation of Chris Hatch's mod.) Am I over thinking this?
For the most part I use managed groups, so that the minister/pastor/priest is included in the group of Sims who go to church. Otherwise I use a teleporter shrub to summon her. If she's teleported in, it's a good idea to ask her to join the casual group, as she will then stay in church as long as her motives are OK. Yesterday, at the double wedding that you may have heard about, when I failed to make her a member of the group, she left at the end of her short sermon, and I had to summon her back for the ceremony. (When I say "short sermon", I mean "short" by her standards -- she preached for about an hour!)

Of course in some churches, especially more traditional ones, "she" might be "he", but my experience is of St. Simeon's Parish Church in Veronaville, where the Rector, the Rev. Elspeth Anderson, is very definitely a "she"!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#25607 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre

@jotaerre
Don't know. It was fine a few days ago and since yesterday I can't get to it.
I hope it's just temporary. PMBD is known for being on and off.
Forum Resident
#25608 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:31 PM
Stupid question, but what's PMBD?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#25609 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:34 PM
I asked Google, and it came up with: Paysites Must Be Destroyed.
Is Google wrong or right? :P
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25610 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
Phorum is still up, they have a thread about this but not too informative.
Forum Resident
#25611 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:54 PM
I think I heard somewhere that Paysites Must Be Destroyed does this thing where it randomly switches domains, so it's better to google it and find the working link every time than to bookmark it.

Question: if I download a lot that has lots of CC in it, then only install the lot and not the CC with the clean installer, would it cause the game to crash if I placed that lot and tried to go into it to edit it? Or is that caused by something else?
Mad Poster
#25612 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Question: if I download a lot that has lots of CC in it, then only install the lot and not the CC with the clean installer, would it cause the game to crash if I placed that lot and tried to go into it to edit it? Or is that caused by something else?

Yes. It will crash - especially if the CC is stairs, terrain paint, or mesh/objects - if it's just recolors, or wallpaper/floors, then you're probably fine.
What I do is install all the CC into a temp file. Enter the lot, manually delete the CC from the house/lot. Then delete the temp folder of CC.
Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#25613 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
For those of you who play with religions, how do you get your preacher to show up at the church when you take other sims there? Do you just have them own the lot? (I'm using Almighty Hat's variation of Chris Hatch's mod.) Am I over thinking this?

I don't really have religions so much, but I do have a church. My clergy lives on the lot in something like a rectory, I guess, and the chapel/church/whatever is there, too. I probably locked the door to the residence, but not sure I remember that right. I use simlogical's meeting controller that I turned into a ceiling fan so that it fits the building nicely and all the congregation will be summoned at once when the meeting starts (members were chosen for story and rather randomly from passersby who seemed interested in the clergy's sermon/lecture). I use Need Freak that I've fit into the landscaping set to keep sims a little uncomfortable and a little low on fun/social so that they autonomously sit and listen to the sermon/lecture indefinitely. I use one of the lecterns/mics from Sophie-David's Opportunity Pack that I modified to cut out the constant stream of notifications so that it looks more natural. It all works quite well.

When I first built this, I did plan to have it be a community lot, but for some reason, I had trouble with the lectern working on community lots. Probably user error, but this is what I ended up with.
Mad Poster
#25614 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 8:37 PM
Considering what little I know of my own ancestors' traditions, epic poetry battles would line up nicely with the era when elf-like creatures showed up in the epic poetry.

Thank you for all the Church suggestions. I like the idea of using the meeting controller, but I've already lost track of which religions I assigned to which households! I might do something like that with the Alien Cult, simply because they'll probably meet in someone's home, rather than at a separate building.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#25615 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 8:44 PM
Are the offspring of twins also more likely to be twins? What about twins with the Triplets and Quads hack? Brandi, Angela, and Lilith all had natural twins and Lucy had twins induced by the Triplets and Quads random option.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#25616 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 9:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Nov 2020 at 9:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
Are the offspring of twins also more likely to be twins?

Yes. Twins are more likely to have twins (natural twins without the T&Q hack for sure). Apparently it's some sort of genetic trait that increases their chance, but I'm not sure of the exact details (EDIT: I meant the twin token here, but I have no idea how to look for it in SimPE). I do know that when I had the first set of twins in my game (which took quite a while), and they had kids, the amount of twins increased quite a bit in that family line.

Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
What about twins with the Triplets and Quads hack?

I'm not sure, but I think so (not sure if there's any difference between "natural twins" that pop up without being triggered by the T&Q hack, or twins triggered by the hack. The "single" among triplets may not count as a twin - not entirely sure how the game figures out triplets - but I think quadruplets are 2x twins, so those would probably get the twin trait/gene).

I guess it depends what the game count as natural twins - there's cheesecake twins, ForceTwins (does this cheat still work?), and mods like Insim/SimBlender/etc. that cheats twins before the babies are born and would get any kinds of genetic traits, so I'm guessing any kind of twins would count. Very little is 100% decided about the baby/ies until born (looks/gender is decided at birth), and the number is easily editable up until the sim gives birth if you have the T&Q mod or Insim/SimBlender.

Edit: I haz not memory today - Twin token... Knew it had an actual name. :/ Thanks, Sunbee.

It is possible twins (and quads + the "twins" in a triplet trio, not sure about the singleton) no matter if they're "natural" or "cheated" get a twin token and then have an increased chance of getting twins in the next generation, but I'm not sure.

It would be strange if the game manages to spot the difference between "cheated" and "natural" twins if the token is attached to them at birth (it has to be, since nothing is decided before birth, except birth parents - and even that is somewhat editable). It would seem more normal that the game sees "oh, I'm making twins /(T/Q)" and does all the "Twin screen, make babies and give them twin tokens, naming screens, etc." then "show babies".
Mad Poster
#25617 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 9:15 PM
I think there is a Twin Token that those who know how to seek can find in SimPE and that increases the chances of natural twins in the game, as opposed to cheesecake, FT Perks, or modded twins. Someone who knows how to recognize it will show up soon. I think Angela and Lilith have it starting, but this is all Sunbee going from memory after staying up for two days making Thanksgiving Dinner then sleeping twelve hours straight. (Yeah, but we have ten people who live at our house: I'm still going to have to actually cook food today. I so am a family sim it's not funny, but I got serve all the things wants filled yesterday, so it's fine.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#25618 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 9:17 PM
I'm gonna end up with a lot of twins in my neighborhood...

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Forum Resident
#25619 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 5:01 PM
Isn't the Twin Token stored in a sim's memories? I think it's an invisible memory in SimPE, much like the I Am Dead token. I could be wrong, though.

Also, the quantity of kids is determined on conception, but it can be edited with Cheesecake and cheats. And I believe the Twin Token increases the chance of twins, it doesn't make them guaranteed. Again, I could be wrong.

Top Secret Researcher
#25620 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Any ideas what to do with perfect elves? Or just perfect sims in general.
(Who have maxed all skills, life skills, medals and have permaplat.)
Except making them unselectable and letting them roam free, which is what I've been doing lol. It was fine for a while but now it's starting to get a little repetitive. I need something new.

Just to update, I found my answer! Screw maxing hobbies. This is much more important.
Show blog update about magical artifacts

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25621 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Show blog update about magical artifacts
Now that is cool!
Forum Resident
#25622 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 5:31 PM
Not sure if this is appropriate here but, I have a couple of Harry Potter sims ready for upload, I just need descriptions for them and words are hard for me + it's been about 13 years since I read the books
so here's who I have

Angelina Johnson,

Dean Thomas

Lee Jordan

Padma and Pavarti Patil

What would be some good descriptions?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#25623 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 7:46 PM
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption

According to the fandom page of Sims 2 on Avoiding Corruption, one should not "Move a previously occupied/owned lot to the lot bin."

Does this mean what I think it does? I moved a Sim out of a family and into a single house and plan to move him back in with his parents at some point. Does that mean the house he leaves behind must stay in the neighborhood forever without being deleted? Is it ok to move a new family into that same house?
Forum Resident
#25624 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morrowindnostalgia
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption

According to the fandom page of Sims 2 on Avoiding Corruption, one should not "Move a previously occupied/owned lot to the lot bin."

Does this mean what I think it does? I moved a Sim out of a family and into a single house and plan to move him back in with his parents at some point. Does that mean the house he leaves behind must stay in the neighborhood forever without being deleted? Is it ok to move a new family into that same house?

There's an item somewhere on the web you can download, then click on it in the catalogue and it should give you a message saying if the lot is safe to delete. In any case, though, deleting/bulldozing lots should be safe (esp if you do this), it's moving the previously occupied lot into the bin that's bad. (I think. You questioned me and now I'm not sure anymore.)
Forum Resident
#25625 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 8:36 PM
The item in question is Cyjon's Lot Inspector and it can be found here. You simply enter a lot, click on it in buy mode (Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous), and it should tell you if the lot is safe or not.

Page 1025 of 1346