2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#25626 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 8:38 PM
@Morrowindnostalgia
Cyjon's lot inspector will tell you if a lot is safe to delete.

ETA: ninja'ed by Crystalflame. :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#25627 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morrowindnostalgia
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_g...ding_corruption

According to the fandom page of Sims 2 on Avoiding Corruption, one should not "Move a previously occupied/owned lot to the lot bin."

Does this mean what I think it does? I moved a Sim out of a family and into a single house and plan to move him back in with his parents at some point. Does that mean the house he leaves behind must stay in the neighborhood forever without being deleted? Is it ok to move a new family into that same house?

From what I understand now, it is safe to move out a family and move them back into the same lot, as long as the lot is still in the same nhood. It is safe to delete a lot as long as there are no graves on it. It is supposedly not safe to take a once occupied lot and move it into the bin and then into a new neighborhood.

Honestly though I'm not so sure about the last one, as I've done so on several occasions, Cutley has some lots like that, and I haven't noticed corruption. I might be wrong, I don't think now-empty once-occupied lots carry stuff that leads to severe corruption. just some tokens and random junk that with the right mods and SimPE can be removed if they become bothersome.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Theorist
#25628 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 10:23 PM
How long does it take for a small pet cage to get dirty?
I put Midge the tree's guinea pig in my game and I've yet to see a sim getting sick.
I also have TJ's caged pet fixes in my games.
Mad Poster
#25629 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
From what I understand now, it is safe to move out a family and move them back into the same lot, as long as the lot is still in the same nhood. It is safe to delete a lot as long as there are no graves on it. It is supposedly not safe to take a once occupied lot and move it into the bin and then into a new neighborhood.

Honestly though I'm not so sure about the last one, as I've done so on several occasions, Cutley has some lots like that, and I haven't noticed corruption. I might be wrong, I don't think now-empty once-occupied lots carry stuff that leads to severe corruption. just some tokens and random junk that with the right mods and SimPE can be removed if they become bothersome.

You can have huge problems with leftovers in fridge, especially when you have added/deleted mods relating to food over time. Leftovers belong to a lot, not fridge and selling fridge does not delete them. It is better to use CH lot cleaner in previously occupied lot.
Mad Poster
#25630 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:05 AM
What kind of problems does it cause? First time I am hearing about food being tied to a lot. Can anyone confirm what the leftovers in a fridge will cause? Not being able to put leftovers away on that lot would've been my guess but this is Maxis.

Mad Poster
#25631 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
What kind of problems does it cause? First time I am hearing about food being tied to a lot. Can anyone confirm what the leftovers in a fridge will cause? Not being able to put leftovers away on that lot would've been my guess but this is Maxis.

Leftovers disappearing or not usable. They can take leftovers out but it is just garbage. Happens even with newly stored leftovers. Until that point when it makes fridge not usable (jump bug). Until you don't have changed food related mods everything might be okay.
Mad Poster
#25632 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 5:04 AM
I got bugged leftovers once on a house that no one had moved out of, I think it just happens sometimes. The lot cleaner deletes all the leftovers, though, so it should fix any problems with them.
Mad Poster
#25633 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Leftovers disappearing or not usable. They can take leftovers out but it is just garbage. Happens even with newly stored leftovers. Until that point when it makes fridge not usable (jump bug). Until you don't have changed food related mods everything might be okay.

Haven't changed any food mods. Still the same old slop they've been eating.

Lab Assistant
#25634 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 11:19 AM
Has anyone ever had an issue where the Maxis collections disappear from the main panel? They're showing up in the organise collections tab, but not in the main section.

I've been trying to reorganise them, so I pulled them all out of the folder and am adding them in a few at a time so I can decide which I want to keep and put them in n order I like. I put them in yesterday, they were fine, but today they've disappeared.

I'm wondering if I somehow unchecked the buttons for residential and community so it isn't showing up and whether there's a way to fix this?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#25635 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ice_Elf
I'm wondering if I somehow unchecked the buttons for residential and community so it isn't showing up and whether there's a way to fix this?
In the COLL resource, the type field determines whether resi/comm.  For both (pets or later) it should be lotcollection.
Lab Assistant
#25636 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
In the COLL resource, the type field determines whether resi/comm.  For both (pets or later) it should be lotcollection.

Really sorry - but where am I looking for that? (I'm on UC if that makes any difference at all)
Scholar
#25637 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 1:33 PM
Open the collection file in SimPE, the type field is usually the first line in the Collection (COLL) resource.
Field Researcher
#25638 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I think there is a Twin Token that those who know how to seek can find in SimPE and that increases the chances of natural twins in the game, as opposed to cheesecake, FT Perks, or modded twins. Someone who knows how to recognize it will show up soon. I think Angela and Lilith have it starting, but this is all Sunbee going from memory after staying up for two days making Thanksgiving Dinner then sleeping twelve hours straight. (Yeah, but we have ten people who live at our house: I'm still going to have to actually cook food today. I so am a family sim it's not funny, but I got serve all the things wants filled yesterday, so it's fine.)

There is no Twin Token but there is a hidden debug Pie Menu-item (0x18C) DEBUG-Force Twins which force twins. I have enabled that menu-item in another thread: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=650107
Forum Resident
#25639 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:05 PM
Yes, there actually isn't a 'Twin Token,' however, I looked into it and apparently some pre-mades do have 'Pregnancy Modifier Tokens,' such as Gabriel Green. This increases the likelihood of twins.
Screenshots

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Alchemist
#25640 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 8:35 AM
Why isn't my hotel working properly?
I want to test a new hotel in a primary neighborhood (no sims in the under-construction subhood). I know I have done this successfully in the past, and other people also have hotel lots in non-vacation hoods..I'm using a test hood with almost no CC.

My sims arrive at the hotel. Rooms are available to select, and all the right NPCs appear to be present. After only a few moments, though, I get a popup telling me the vacation is over and the taxi will be arriving. There's nothing I can do but let my sims go home again immediately.

My sims are not actually on vacation, since they are still in their main hood. They're just visiting the lot, but I believe they should be able to check into a room and use the hotel facilities as if they were on Twikkii. From memory, the only thing that might not work was the housekeeper.

I've strained my eyes searching for other people's comments on this scenario - I know I've seen them, but they aren't turning up for me now.
What am I doing wrong?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Forum Resident
#25641 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:08 PM
I'm going to be very wrong here, but I'm just going to take a guess.

Could it not be something to do with the game not recognising that they are on vacation, due to it being in the main hood? I'd imagine that vacations are like college where it takes place in its own little bubble, not tied to the main hood. Could that not be the issue?

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Alchemist
#25642 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Could it not be something to do with the game not recognising that they are on vacation, due to it being in the main hood?

It could, except for the fact that I've made this work before, but it won't this time.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Forum Resident
#25643 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 7:56 PM
I have a several sims I'd like to upload. But they all use rensims facekits, which I know our archived. But does anybody knew what their user policies are, is it ok to include their stuff in a upload?(I would still like to be respective)
Mad Poster
#25644 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
I have a several sims I'd like to upload. But they all use rensims facekits, which I know our archived. But does anybody knew what their user policies are, is it ok to include their stuff in a upload?(I would still like to be respective)

TOU https://rensim.dreamwidth.org/
Scholar
#25645 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 10:39 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 30th Nov 2020 at 11:04 PM.
The game has added lots in the folder-- without myself having previously placed new lots --- is this a glitch ?
In the My Documents folder/EA games/Neighborhoods/Lots : There are 3 new lots showing in the lot count.
From 205 lots to 207.

I didn't add any new lots, so not sure why the lot count is higher ?
I did move a sim into an empty lot I'd previously placed ; and also moved a sim into an apartment lot.
That should not make the lot count higher, correct ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#25646 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Why isn't my hotel working properly?
What am I doing wrong?

That is not normal, It should work. The only real difference is when sim are on holiday they can leave and return to the hotel but at any other neighbourhood type when they leave they are automatically checked out and can't return.

Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
The game has added lots in the folder-- without myself having previously placed new lots --- is this a glitch ?
In the My Documents folder/EA games/Neighborhoods/Lots : There are 3 new lots showing in the lot count.
From 205 lots to 207.

I didn't add any new lots, so not sure why the lot count is higher ?
I did move a sim into an empty lot I'd previously placed ; and also moved a sim into an apartment lot.
That should not make the lot count higher, correct ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

"From 205 lots to 207" is 2 more not 3. When a sim moves into an apartment the game makes a new apartment sub lot for the family so the number of lots will change as sims move in and out of apartments.
Forum Resident
#25647 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 11:51 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 1st Dec 2020 at 12:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
TOU https://rensim.dreamwidth.org/

Thank you!

They also use makeup and skin by lilith, and brows by Poppet but I can't figure out their terms for uploading sims using their CC in their policies? Help please. What should I do?
Lab Assistant
#25648 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 12:00 AM
So my old Sim family name would have died out after my Sim married... Except the male dog still has the last name from the human founder. How do last-names work for pets so I can try to keep the old family name alive?
Mad Poster
#25649 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 12:15 AM
They work the same way as they work with sims, as far as I can tell. If the pet personally gives birth to babies, the babies will have the pet's last name. If it fathers babies on another pet, the babies will have the other pet's last name.
Scholar
#25650 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
"From 205 lots to 207" is 2 more not 3. When a sim moves into an apartment the game makes a new apartment sub lot for the family so the number of lots will change as sims move in and out of apartments.

Snipped for focus.
Ok, thank you.
And someday I'll learn to count correctly.
Hahaha !

" Inama Nushif "
Page 1026 of 1347