Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 5:00 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 17th Jan 2023 at 4:19 PM. Reason: do not add cc
The Sims 4 MTS CC Won't Show Up In Game!
I recently downloaded a bunch of CC from here, most being some conversion cc, like packs from TS2 or TS3 to The Sims 4, but none of them are showing up, even though I know that most had been totally updated since August 2022 or later even! And I know I have CC and Script mods all on for my game, and I have lots of CC from other sites like TSR and creators own sites, they all show up, except those from MTS! It's really weird, I mean I have had bunches of MTS CC and mods, before and never had this happen!

I have even checked to see if it's happening to both CAS items and Buy/Build items, and it is, I actually only had one in CAS, but it too isn't showing up in my game! The others are all stuff like floors, walls and furniture, and there was a lot, but none are showing up!

I don't understand why! I really wanted to use those sets I got too, it's frustrating to say the least! I just can't understand why it's only MTS mods that won't show up! Well if anyone can help me with this I will be very grateful!

Be A Leader Not A Follower, Live Outside The Box!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Jan 2023 at 4:20 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Thread Moved
    Thread moved to correct forum.

• Sims 4 - Installing CC
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 4.

Game_Help:TS4_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing custom content.

All the files you attached, do not do that by the way, were still in there zip/7z format. Did you unzip them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 2:53 AM Last edited by kentuckyfriedsims : 1st Feb 2023 at 2:55 AM. Reason: Adding something!
Ah NOPE, Read Again, Not My Problem!
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
  • General - Thread Moved
    Thread moved to correct forum.

• Sims 4 - Installing CC
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 4.

Game_Help:TS4_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing custom content.

All the files you attached, do not do that by the way, were still in there zip/7z format. Did you unzip them?

I put this here because I was looking for help, so it doesn't fit in General, plus I explained in my post that I have downloaded and put CC from Mod The Sims before, in The Sims 4, which is what I meant, BUT, I have been downloading from this site for both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 for more then a decade now, so I know the ins and outs! I recently got a new gaming laptop, which is well above what I would need to TS4, and this sites CC showed up in my game in my older laptop! It's only in this new laptop that suddenly it doesn't show up!

But I get it, you all don't understand what I am talking about, so you just give the standard response and send it off to the General part of your forums, to basically get lost!

I guess I will just not bother with trying to get any of to work, since apparently, no one here knows why it isn't working, but instead you imply that I don't know how to install CC, instead of maybe asking me first or I don't reading what I actually said in the first place! You know like I said, I said that I had gotten CC from this site before and it worked fine, so why did you assume I was just too stupid to know how to install it! It's rather rude! But as I said, I have been downloading CC from this site for more then a decade, so I'm not a child, and I know how to install CC in all 3 games!

Anyway goodbye, I probably should have talked to someone on the Sims own forum, but I thought I would try the site that I was having trouble with first, but you all seem to have always had a bad attitude towards us puny players ( none creators ) from the start, so I was right to have hesitated on whether to even ask you for help, I shouldn't have bothered! I purposely waited a bit, before checking, because I kind of figured I would get this same old reply, telling me to read your guide, because you always do this with any question about CC showing up or not! Instead of personally answering the question, not every problem is the same, so giving the same reply for more then a decade on pretty much everything, is a bit of crap!

Your as bad as EA Help, you just give everyone the same response!

Also, who marked the reply as helpful? Did you actually LIKED your own reply or did you have one of the other staff members do it?

Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 9:05 AM
Hello, I don't know if this will be helpful or not but i figured I would try to maybe see if the same issue I had at first may also be what is happening for you too.
I had the same problem with getting a new computer, and for some reason non of my CC would show up specifically for the sims 4.

I am wondering what the rout for your mods folder is?
I had mine like I did back in the day, just in the mods folder, but it turns out with my new computer I have to have the folder from not cloud documents folder and in the base computer documents folder - then electronic arts - sims 4 - mods. So it looks like this,

This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The sims 4 > Mods

I accidentally did it without realizing it because my new computer defaults to a cloud folder which isn't the actual route it needs although it looks nearly identical for some reason.

maybe this will be a bit of help, if not I am sorry D:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 9:07 AM
Thanks For Help!
Quote: Originally posted by Higashi_East
Hello, I don't know if this will be helpful or not but i figured I would try to maybe see if the same issue I had at first may also be what is happening for you too.
I had the same problem with getting a new computer, and for some reason non of my CC would show up specifically for the sims 4.

I am wondering what the rout for your mods folder is?
I had mine like I did back in the day, just in the mods folder, but it turns out with my new computer I have to have the folder from not cloud documents folder and in the base computer documents folder - then electronic arts - sims 4 - mods. So it looks like this,

This PC > Documents > Electronic Arts > The sims 4 > Mods

I accidentally did it without realizing it because my new computer defaults to a cloud folder which isn't the actual route it needs although it looks nearly identical for some reason.

maybe this will be a bit of help, if not I am sorry D:

I'm not sure on that, I mean I have CC from TSR, and different Tumblr's, and haven't had any problems with them showing up! So unless this is only a MTS thing, I don't know, and I'm not sure, I mean I didn't know there were more then one route, I only know of the one you mentioned , This PC> Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods, unless you mean they can't be in any folders inside the Mod folder! Like my PC can't read them, because that still would be a MTS thing, since again I have most of the other CC items from those outside of MTS in different folders, some are even in 2 or even 3 folders in, and they still work!

Well I appreciate you trying to help, and I do figure it's my laptop, I know Window having that darn cloud is annoying, my older laptop, well 2 years older, had a lot problems because of it, it would demand that I store stuff on the Cloud, and when it got full, it demanded I upgrade, and because I didn't, it kept screwing with everything on my laptop, messing with my documents, like when I tried to move some stuff from the C drive to another Drive on my laptop, it kept saying the Cloud is full, when I wasn't moving it to the Cloud, I was moving it to another hard drive on my laptop that had plenty of room on it, it was a TB, and I hadn't even used half of it up! So when they asked me to put in on this new laptop, I refused! But I don't think you're talking about that cloud storage! But if you are I can see why it could cause problems!

But also I had been using MTS CC on my other laptop just fine, and I just switched my game to my new laptop in December 2022, so I think for whatever reason what I download from MTS just wont work in my game! I was hoping that one of the people who run the site would have helped me, but they don't seem to like to help anyone! I really don't get it! I have always praised this site to everyone, but I think what makes it great is the creators only, not those running it!

But thank you for trying to help, if I have somehow misunderstood what you were saying, please do let me know, because I really would like to use all the CC I have from here in my game one day, lol! And a lot of CC from other places also use a lot of meshes from creators here, so it could break them too, it did one I know of!

So again thank you!