Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 2:32 PM
Default All of the clothes from University EP have disappeared.
They are still shown on sims as a selected item of clothing but they are fully see through in the wardrobe and in live mode, some have a wired left over texture on hands and feet, other no weird texture at all, just missing like there is no mesh.

I have tied to look at this issue via CAS and body shop but all Uni clothes are absent. There is no clothes with the Uni icon. I can roll the randomizer dice an the new sim can be wearing it, but when i scroll through thee is nothing in the catalogue selected. It happening on YA and A of both genders, I feel like I may have an enabler mod for YA clothes to show on adults but it isn't the one by sim wolf, and I can't remember...

I do you default replacements but I haven't changed them for 6 months and were all working fine.

I do have a back up of the EP installation files so I look to see if any had been modified recently so i could replace them but all were dated 2005 other than some neighbourhood files replaced last year.

I'm stumped... does anyone have any idea where i should look, maybe replacing all the defaults with another version may un-bug what ever I have managed to do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 2:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Feb 2023 at 3:30 PM.
Have you recently deleted clothes with the ingame delete button? Has your antivirus program quarantined one of the Sim files?

My guess would be that a file has gone missing somehow in the Uni install files. If you have the files backed up, check if anything has gone missing, in particular anything in the \TSData\Res\3D folder for Uni.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 2:50 PM
No, I never delete clothes in game from back when I did that and lost all the skin files (Learned my lesson)

I have replaced all the files in that directory just now with the back up (they didn't say they were modified and none missing but worth a try). I'm going to try launching the game and see if they were.

I use AVG, and I don't think its done that, how could I tell?

Thank you for your assistance, its been driving me mad.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 3:29 PM
so I got a weird error, had to hit delete as reset did nothing, then got pink soup errors on all clothes after a while... then a crash to desktop...

Will try again.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 3:32 PM
I have seen the "white with writing CAS items" issue on accessories if the items have been removed but they've not been removed from the sims yet, or if there's been a major update on the mesh or recolor that changes the file structure. If it's a CC issue with removed items, the sims should go back to looking fine if you take them to a mirror or do "change appearance" with a mod, since the sim just needs an update. If it's caused by files corrupted or missing in the install files, then the files likely need replacing.

Another potential problem could be with the defaults. backup your saved game (because if you don't, the next step can make stuff go a bit wonky in builds and for sims with CC). Then move out all your CC including mods and defaults, make a new neighborhood or open up one that you know doesn't have any CC on sims (if you haven't used one of the original hoods at all, that'll do) - in your case, make sure the hood has a Uni hood too. See if the problem persists.

Which game version do you use? CDs, collections, or UC?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 4:04 PM
Nope, no change. Still weird, one of them just has shoes missing, but nothing is highlighted as selected in the catalogue.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I have seen the "white with writing CAS items" issue on accessories if the items have been removed but they've not been removed from the sims yet, or if there's been a major update on the mesh or recolor that changes the file structure. If it's a CC issue with removed items, the sims should go back to looking fine if you take them to a mirror or do "change appearance" with a mod, since the sim just needs an update. If it's caused by files corrupted or missing in the install files, then the files likely need replacing.

Another potential problem could be with the defaults. backup your saved game (because if you don't, the next step can make stuff go a bit wonky in builds and for sims with CC). Then move out all your CC including mods and defaults, make a new neighborhood or open up one that you know doesn't have any CC on sims (if you haven't used one of the original hoods at all, that'll do) - in your case, make sure the hood has a Uni hood too. See if the problem persists.

Which game version do you use? CDs, collections, or UC?

Ok I'll try that. I'm on the disk version with RPC launcher.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 4:33 PM
They both seem to be wearing CC (or default replacements?) so check that.

The missing feet/shoes/pants look like it could either be a bad mesh, or possibly an issue with the UseShaders cheat if you've got it turned off, if some of your defaults have meshes with 30k+ polys.

-Missing CC meshes usually show up with an EAxis thumbnail and are replaced with a default outfit (defaults might change this)
-Missing CC textures wouldn't show up at all.
-Missing repo'd textures show up with a "naked" texture painted onto a mesh.
-CC items with various mesh/texture issues, or the Shader issue with polys can show up anything from partly invisible to having the wrong texture.

If it was a problem with the actual EA clothes, they wouldn't show up like that, so I'm guessing it's a problem with your default replacements. That's why it's a good idea to check if everything goes back to normal (default EA clothes) if you take out all your CC (and also delete the cache files). The Thumbnail files might look a bit weird, but don't mind those, they may or may not update - you just want to check if there's something wrong with the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 2:50 PM
So I kinda found out what was up, it was mods wind_unlockedUNIoutfits_GraduationGown &wind_unlockedUNIoutfits_withNL installed ( I wanted to be able to buy the graduation outfit) .

I have removed them and now there are no glitches/missing textures.

The only thing though is that all the clothes are still not showing in CAS or when I buy clothes. If they spawn in wearing them there are find and same if sims are wearing them when I randomise...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 9:19 PM
Unlockers clash with various defaults. Found that one out myself. I do know there is a way around it by changing things in SimPE as I had a couple of items fixed to show back up, only I don't know how that is done. Another thing could be hiders. You may have downloaded a hider and not realized it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 10:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Feb 2023 at 11:03 PM.
For default clothes that have PropertySet resources, you can change whatever you need to change in each individual file if you use SimPE. Unhide, change categories, fix ages - whatever you like as long as it would work ingame.

An unlocker file or hider is technically a default replacement for a PropertySet, and you don't want two of those for the same item ingame, because they'll clash.

Some default replacement clothes can work alongside unlockers, as long as they don't have a PropertySet included (often texture-only replacements, EAxis clothes with added morphs, or simple mesh fixes that can use the same textures). If the outfit is completely changed, especially if it's a 3t2/4t2 conversion or hair, chances are the mesh requires a PropertySet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Feb 2023 at 7:45 PM
I don't think its a hider as I removed all my mods and gradually put them pack in, they were always not visible in CAS even with vanilla textures.

Is the next step opening the defaults for uni' in sims PC and checking if there PropertySet issues? Or shall i try redownloading them, will that fix the issue?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Feb 2023 at 10:03 PM
Do you have any more unlocked outfits? Any recategorizers? Are you sure you only have one of each default outfit?

Basically, just make sure you only have one replacement for each PropertySet (be it a default, unlocker, hider, recategorizer, or anything I've not mentioned here) and you're good.

If you've ever put download files in the install location, make sure there aren't any hiding out there (you're often directed to put recategorizers and occasional unlockers there, to avoid getting the custom star or trash bin). Usually in one of these *latest EP or M&G* or basegame folders:
...\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
...\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins