Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2011 at 5:14 AM
Default What is the oldest sim that you've had
One of my sims is currently 92, and it's the first elder that I've had that I didn't cheat and kill early because of boredom XD I'm curious what the oldest sim you've ever had and what the average (ish) age of elder life is?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2011 at 6:37 AM
At the time I was playing with age setting for 90 days, the elder was 124 days old before kicking the bucket. This was with the base game and since she was a green thumb I wanted to play her so I could make a community garden with her lot when she died. She was a mean old bat and with the computer skills so I had her hacking at night and sending her produce to the grocery store during the day. I played her self employed before Ambitions came out. That lady was rich, but sadly nobody in town liked her. Sniff, I miss her.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 23rd May 2011 at 7:21 AM
I play on epic (966 days lifespan) and the oldest I've had so far was DeAndre Wolfe from Twinbrook with something around 1200. I thought that he'd survive everyone when finally the phone rang at my Sim's house at midnight...
The average I get on epic is something around 980 days, but in my current game in Niua Simoa I've got the pre-made Isobelle Mau as a non-played Sim at 1050 and she's still working her way up the criminal career (currently level 9 in the evil track). She might become the Empress of Evil after all.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2011 at 7:30 AM
I play on normal, which is 90 days, and the oldest I've had was 108. My computer broke so I lost the hood where the 108 old lady was so I don't know how long she could have lived. Before her 105 was my oldest.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd May 2011 at 7:44 AM
i have an old broad who is like 208 or so, i have the span altered to really dang long, probally epic or something
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd May 2011 at 7:57 AM
Without using ambrosia, the longest living sim I've had lived to be 120+ days old. I really regret not checking how old he was before he died...
Oh, and this one time my sim accidentally had a death flower in his inventory, so he had a very above average lifespan as well.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 23rd May 2011 at 9:38 AM
That is an interesting question lol. I'm only playing TS3 now, and my sims never last long at all. I have one now that will soon become an adult lol. That's only because I give her new houses all the time. She's good as a testing subject.

In TS2 I had a grandparent family close to die of old age, but then I used a cheat and they suddenly became younger then their kids lol.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd May 2011 at 11:27 AM
My oldest sim (I play the long lifespan) was 115. I was playing her daughter at the time and she, her partner, and/or their children would go over every single day to visit and see if she'd kicked the bucket yet.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd May 2011 at 11:56 AM
I have a 10000 day old vampire.. XP (yeah, I cheated.. and what..) He's still an adult, and I have that vamp aging mod...

Nah, I'm actually pathetic at keeping a game for very long, let alone a sim. Plus I play on epic, so that makes it more difficult to make an old sim. The oldest sim(s) I have are probably my self-sims predecessors i.e Mum, Dad, Granddad, Grandma. But only the Mum and Dad have ever aged up. I made a pair of grandparents for my self-sims BF, and they're at the older end of the elder age being 900ish.

I think the problem with me is that if I get attached to any particular sim, to be able to play them for that long, I can't let them go. I can't even let them have grey hair or wrinkles when they age. I think of it as a kind of plastic surgery.

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd May 2011 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
That is an interesting question lol. I'm only playing TS3 now, and my sims never last long at all. I have one now that will soon become an adult lol. That's only because I give her new houses all the time. She's good as a testing subject.

In TS2 I had a grandparent family close to die of old age, but then I used a cheat and they suddenly became younger then their kids lol.

Lol. Can you lol stop Lolingly putting Lols in your loling posts? It sounds more lol adult lol like.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Forum Resident
#11 Old 23rd May 2011 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackJess
Lol. Can you lol stop Lolingly putting Lols in your loling posts? It sounds more lol adult lol like.

That was unnecessary... Surely your adult enough to read past the lols and the misused ellipses (my bad). I don't wanna start anything (again), but Volvenom may have an insecurity that you've made worse... or she may just find her post funny - The Sims is a funny game.

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd May 2011 at 5:46 PM
I've had countless sims get to elder. I can't even begin to think of my oldest, to be honest.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd May 2011 at 8:30 PM
Thanks for the posts guys, I forgot about the different lifespans affecting it. I'm using normal lifespan right now, so the 90(ish) lifespan.
And I don't see why lol is such a big problem, there is soooo much worse chatspeak out there. Heck, I tend to lol in my posts sometimes, though not on purpose :P

OMFG UR a QT, LMAO (As a lame example of the evils of chatspeak)
The other one
#14 Old 23rd May 2011 at 9:14 PM
You know, now that I think about it, I don't think I've had a sim over 65 on normal life span. That's terrible, lol. I just get bored and usually kill them off prematurely

As for lols, I don't see the issue either...though I'm very aware that I overuse them as well as brackets and missuse ellipses too

PS JackJess Check your own spelling before you start criticing other people's posts

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd May 2011 at 10:43 PM
He lived until he was 93, not too shabby but I'm still really sad about his death.
I have a quick somewhat related question. He died outside of his work, and the gravestone is outside the workplace. Can I get it in my sims' backyard somehow?
Alchemist
#16 Old 23rd May 2011 at 11:18 PM
i tend to kill my sims off before they have a chance to grow too old....unless i really like them.
that being said, my favorite sim was my eldest elder, amounting to 213 days old before finally kicking the bucket, life span set on "normal", no life fruit consumed, just took good care of her.

her baking skills will be missed.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#17 Old 24th May 2011 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
He lived until he was 93, not too shabby but I'm still really sad about his death.
I have a quick somewhat related question. He died outside of his work, and the gravestone is outside the workplace. Can I get it in my sims' backyard somehow?

Are there other family members in the household? Just choose them and go to the graveyard. Click on the masoleum and click "manage the dead". The tombstone will pop up in a box and click on it. Move to a spot in the graveyard, or put in the inventory and move wherever you want.

Sorry about your sim.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th May 2011 at 2:04 AM
I can't quite remember my oldest I think it was close to 130, I think she finally kicked the bucket a day before her great granson was born.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th May 2011 at 3:25 AM
I figured it out, it was just being slow. I could just click it and drag it into the inventory.
Space Pony
#20 Old 25th May 2011 at 12:23 AM
I'm using the long lifespan, and I had a sim that lived to 233 before she died. It was funny cause her two sisters were younger then her and both died at 200. One at the other's funeral.

Quote:
just get bored and usually kill them off prematurely

And my mum thought I was sadistic. xD

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Alchemist
#21 Old 25th May 2011 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by charmedqueen
And my mum thought I was sadistic. xD

maybe if they were real people? i dont see how beheading virtual configurations makes anyone sadistic.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Inventor
#22 Old 25th May 2011 at 4:09 PM Last edited by Kestie Freehawk : 25th May 2011 at 4:21 PM.
ooooo My very first sim is still a young adult, and I was so busy raising her that I ignored the rest of the town until there was no one left, I do let them die but I dont care how old they are. At first my game was stuck on normal life span and I could only keep one, and one by one all her friends died. I brought them back with ambrosia, but it wasnt the same. I saved her off and started fresh with epic now working and I still like her. She is silly and clumbsy and a lvl 10 nectar maker with 2 teenage daughters. I set her back to the first day of young adult the other day and she got hit by a metior. She was crisped but laughing when I found the 20 death flowers in her pocket and got ready for the grim reaper. I have 2 charactors that old and I will alternate. This one always makes me laugh. She is a total ditz. Her traits are Lucky, Good sence of humor, green thumb, family oriented, and Handy.
She likes to invent but makes broken stuff if asked to make it twice and I want to follow her through that. Sim Days will go by and everyone died again but Riskilla and I figured it out again.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th May 2011 at 4:39 PM
My oldest sim with a 90 day life span, got to be 102 days old.

mjau
----------
Known as Elevinia on simscave and GoS
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th May 2011 at 6:51 PM
My sims all tend to kick the bucket at 95.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th May 2011 at 2:53 AM
My immortal sim that eats nothing but Ambrosa is probably three or four thousand days old by now... I have no idea how one would find out the exact number.

My oldest mortal on normal lived to be a little over 100, I thought he would never die.
Page 1 of 2