Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2019 at 7:11 PM
Default Way to randomize custom sliders with 'Randomize Face'?
Does anyone know if there is a way to allow custom sliders to be randomized by the 'randomize face' option in CAS? I'm currently using AwesomeMod to randomize the faces of the NPCs in my town. The way the mod does this is by making sims be "generated in the same way
as mashing the "dice" button in CAS". I'm pretty sure it uses the dice that randomizes sim's faces though, as none of the sims showing up utilize my custom sliders, which actually are randomized when clicking the randomize sim button in CAS.

I'd love for the sims in my town to be even more unique from one another by using my custom sliders, so does anyone know of a mod or a way to edit the sliders that allows this to happen? I wasn't sure which forum to post this on, but this one seemed the most appropiate, since it's all about mods and stuff :p
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th May 2019 at 3:33 PM
Project landslide by consort may be of use to you. It utilizes commands however. Be sure to read the page throughly. Should help in randomizing the custom sliders though.

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/2277/
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th May 2019 at 10:09 AM
The landslide mod is cool but as far as I know it can only random each slider individually by typing in a command. It can get pretty tedious if you have 50+ custom sliders (as in my case), I'm not aware of anything else that does the job though.
Scholar
#4 Old 30th May 2019 at 4:48 PM
I've been playing with the MC "Randomize Genetics" button on service sims with zero-slider face. It has the potential to make very beautiful or very plain sims, depending on how much variation you allow. That's in game though. You can then go into stylist and save the sim.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 1:37 PM
I have a similar issue, but rather the other way round – I would like to disable some CC CAS sliders for randomisation. Some CC CAS sliders are part of the game’s randomisation mechanics while others are not.

I have a few CC CAS sliders that are useful to use, specifically, when I need to make adjustments, but they are less useful, when new Sims are generated randomly. For example, when making a bulky Sim, Jonha’s HeadSize slider is very useful, but when generating random Sims, it creates sometimes weirdly large or small heads.
Does anyone know, whether there is a way to enabled or disable CC CAS sliders for randomisation or not?

I saw that Cmar in post #385 in this thread replied not being aware of any setting to enable or disable CC CAS sliders for random https://modthesims.info/download.ph...=1&goto=newpost
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ardoa
Project landslide by consort may be of use to you. It utilizes commands however. Be sure to read the page throughly. Should help in randomizing the custom sliders though.

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/2277/

I forgot to thank you, so since someone else already bumped this thread I may as well do it now. Project landslide has been so useful and I really like how it lets me specify the slider values. So thank you for recommending it! (And I hope you had a merry christmas)