Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Novel Writing For Sims 3 Supernatural: 9-18-12

by Chaavik Posted 26th Jun 2009 at 8:34 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2012 at 6:11 PM by Chaavik : Updating Information For Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff

161 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 133 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:42 AM
Thanks for the mod and the link to the cache files to delete. After installing 1.3 update, which was a nightmare for me, nothing is working so I came over to download again. I bet all I need is the cache cleanup. I have most of your "do it quicker" mods.

Just a side note: Do people really have to criticize a mod? If you don't like it, just ignore it.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:22 PM
Is there a version of this that doesn't <B>unlock</B> the genres? I just want them to write a little quicker.

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
#53 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:31 PM
Thanks so much, this place just keeps getting better and better!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:12 PM Last edited by Chaavik : 22nd Aug 2009 at 9:57 PM.
Default Faster Novel Writing For Sims 3 - No Unlocked Genres
Quote: Originally posted by reflects
Is there a version of this that doesn't <B>unlock</B> the genres? I just want them to write a little quicker.

I think there is another one similar to this but that mod boosts the monetary gains a lot.

I'll see what I can do. Expect to check back within a few days for further details.

*Edited*

The new alternate version is now available. More details are outlined under the Overview tab.

You can use either one with More Fun Activities - Sims 3. They use different files.
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 6:53 AM
Thanks for the mod. Just a thought, is it also possible to unlock the Historical Genre so that not only elders could write it?

To make it also realistic, the percentage for "Flops" would also increase as the age of the sim writing gets younger.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:31 PM
Let me check in game later today to see if the mod does unlock Historical. I thought I did, but check back later.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 5:38 PM
Yay! Thank you

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 5:56 AM
If there is such thing as a faster novel writing mod, then is it possible for you to make a faster "police report" writing mod? I get sick of having to write reports to keep up with my job performance
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:07 PM
I'll see what can be done. I don't remember seeing that option or that file for writing police reports. Check back later for further details.
Test Subject
#60 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 8:02 PM
This is a good mod as writing for a living can be a bit boring (in the game), and it seems to roughly double the speed - my writer sim can reach lifetime achievement while my other sims are only on about level 4 or 5 of their careers. So although it looks like it's taking ages to write a novel, I think EA devs got the speed about right to reach the top at a similar pace to other jobs, but like I say, they made it too boring.

IMO they shoulda done it so you needed to get on well with an Agent and then an Editor, like the others do for Bosses and Co-workers. And instead of sitting at the computer for like 24 hours straight, you should need to take a break or run the risk of getting leg cramps or writer's block - similar to the athletic skill's 'fatigued'.

Anyway, thank you for this mod, Chaavik.
Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 3:36 PM
how fast is the writing speed? x1? x2?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 11:42 PM
Probably x2. The time is cut in half spent on writing novels depending on the genre.
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:41 PM
Does this work with the new patch? I haven't been able to test it yet.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 2:46 AM
New patch? Or the new EP? I am getting the new EP next week and won't be able to determine that.

Try it out and see what happens.
Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:58 AM
will you update this mod next week?

for 1.7.9 and travel adventures? thanks a lot
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 12:59 PM
I stated before that I haven't had the chance to update yet. Should be getting the new EP. Check back for further details.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 9:27 AM
New WA versions in testing. Will be available soon. Check back for updated info. There were minor differences code-wise but not enough to throw the game out of the loop. Will still upload the new WA versions anyway for those who want them.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 11:43 AM
New World Adventures mods available now. Happy Simming!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 3:25 PM
YAY!!! Thank you Chaavik...apparently you're my favorite modder on this site LOL! Almost all the mods I have that needed updated from this site were made by you! Thank you so very much for your hardwork & for staying on top of updates!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 3:46 PM
You're welcome I try when I can. I didn't get the new EP until a few days ago to start cracking on the mods to be updated.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 4:36 AM
I know I for one truly appreciate your hard work...once you get children can read skill books figured out my mods here will be complete! LOL Not that I'm trying to hint or bug or anything :-D
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 9:59 AM
hi,it's very nice job!But can you change a little bit?I want to be paid for a long time.thanks!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:03 AM
There is another mod here on the site that gives bigger payouts for Sims over a long period of time. The purpose the mods in this thread is to give people a short amount of time to practice the writing skill as well writing novels whether they want all of the genres unlocked or not. The pay outs are the same.

Try the other one for yourself first to see if you like it or not.
Test Subject
#74 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 8:37 PM
I downloaded the WA Unlocked Genres version, and have sad news to share..
Its not compatible with HEL.
Sims do write faster, but:
- genres are still locked
- sims used to be paid in the middle of writing, for the chapters they send, but now it happens only once, almost in the end.
Can't wait for this mod to be updated
Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#75 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 11:08 PM
i have updated HELS 3.2 i need this mod , it was cool
Page 3 of 7