Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:51 PM
Default Mod Creation help - editing a mod with SimPE
Hello,

I really like the sound of the Apartment Hack mod on More Awesome Than You: Apartment Hack: Now For Non-Fat Gwilly People! .
However, I don't like the pricing feature implemented by it (it makes it too expensive) therefore don't use it. I prefer the Enable "Rent Furnished Apartment" Outside of Debug Mode mod found on here.

I'm hoping that someone with modding experience could advise me how I can remove the pricing feature from the mod using SimPE so I can use all the other great features. I'm usually pretty savvy with this kind of thing and I've played around with SimPE a little - but I don't feel confident enough to jump in and edit this mod how I want it.
Can anyone help me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 12:04 AM
I've attempted it before, it didn't work. Chris Hatch's Uni Apartments has some of the same features, thogh:

http://simfileshare.net/download/474146/

Quote:
Three mods in one.
University Apartments
Teen Roommates
Retirement Apartments

For Apartments to work in University Neighbourhoods the game must make young adult apartment residents, for Retirement Homes we need only retired elder apartment residents and for Teens to be Roommates we need it to be able to make teen apartment residents. Since all three use the same op-code they would conflict with each other so only one could be used if they were seperate.

University Apartments
This mod enables your young adults to rent an apartment and function as normal young adults while at university. At a university the other apartment residents will all be young adults and will go to class as usual.
The young adult apartment residents are chosen from the townie pool instead of the various Social Groups to avoid a new set of apartment residents being made.

Teen Roommates
This enables teens to be apartment residents and roommates. It enables teens to 'propose be roommate' and/or kick the roommates out. The number of teen apartment residents depends on the social status of the apartment building, the lower the status the higher the chance of teen residents.
It does not conflict with Squinge's FindRoommateTeenEnabled mod but compliments it.

Retirement Homes
You can change an apartment lot into a retirement village by placing the birdbath in the garden somewhere. The birdbath should be placed on an Apartment Base Lot (vacant lot), once you move a family into an apartment at the lot all other apartment residents that move in will be retired elders. Provided your family consists only of elders the birdbath will try to locate an adult child of one of your elders and cause that sim's family to visit sometime after 4:00pm. Each day it will attempt to locate a different family from the previous day to visit.
The birds on the birdbath will disappear at night and throughout winter, during the day of any season other than winter the birds will randomly change every half an hour to add some 'life' to it. The birdbath can be used as a regular garden decoration at any lot, if the lot is not an apartment lot or is in a university neighbourhood the birdbath becomes just a passive decoration with changing birds. It can be found under Decorative / Sculptures for §435 in the catalogue.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've attempted it before, it didn't work. Chris Hatch's Uni Apartments has some of the same features, thogh:

http://simfileshare.net/download/474146/

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <3 This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I'm looking for - I always have apartments in my University so its great that they'll function properly now