Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 4:02 AM
Default Flying Island - Worth Pursuing?
I like this idea in my head (imagine a fantasy castle built on the island), but I'm still kind of torn whether I'm actually pleased with it in-game... This is just a proof-of-concept lot as it stands now, so if I go forward with it I'll fine-tune the shape a bit more.

Images below show the view in-lot from above and below, as well as a neighborhood view to show how poorly the CFE translates in the lot impostor. What do you all think? Is this a fantasy concept that's worth pursuing? Or does it just look too hackneyed and contrived to actually pass as an island?
Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 4:23 AM
I say go for it. Aim high! It should be Laputa, full of scientists who don't know anything.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 4:49 AM
you're onto something for sure! I'm excited to see the end result <3

neighborhood view lots are ...a part of life perhaps it can be improved by more shrubbery and dangling plants?
the river is probably more trouble than it's worth unless u can find a way to put a natural looking watersource and a way for the water to cascade down. the large university fountain could be better.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 7:53 AM
Great idea, I would love to see how it turns out!
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 10:06 AM
I agree with Kanzen, neighbourhood lot views are ... a part if life . Of course it may be far more work than it's worth to you, but I think it looks like magic.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 12:04 AM
Really cool! Deffo worth pursuing.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 3:45 AM
Worth pursuing? Definitely. It's got a real cool look to it. This island has the potential to be just about anything. A hub for alien scientists, a den for cultists bent on destroying Simkind, you name it.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Theorist
#8 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 3:21 PM
Wow, I'd be really interested to know how you managed to create that island.
Personally I ignore neighbourhood views.
And the only detail I'm personally not wild about is the little streamlet which is, I assume, made of floor tiles.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 5:09 PM
I think this is something very much worth working on. It's a great concept and reminds me a bit of the magic world from TS4 Realm of Magic. Perhaps the lot imposter could be improved with Sims 2 RPC using the HQ lot imposter settings? Also, if there are any objects (maybe rocks or something) that could be used as the base for the island, using that new mod that lets you raise objects, that could be something worth trying too.