Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 6:07 AM Last edited by scottishflame : 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:16 PM.
Default Lost Strangeville and Custom
I lost Strangetown and Custon 004 neighborhood two days ago. I have been playing in Strangetown La Fiesta Uni and have not had any problems. The custom hadn't been played in about 10 days. I had not had any problems except for slow logging out of game. I downloaded and installed a pregnacy hack from here and two careers also from MTS before all this happened. Last date in neighborhood files updated was Aug.30. Which is right on the money. I can tell you which ones if you want just let me know. I have not messed in the guts of the game as I am liable to kill the patient entirely. I did check like you asked and both neighborhoods are still in the neighborhood file.
My system is AMD XP 2000+ with 1.67 GHZ. 512 MB RAM and a NVIdia gEfORCE 6200A-LE. I have Windows XP PRO installed and am the only user. I have not attempted to delete these three files for fear of scewing it up worse.
When I powered up yesterday my computer gave me a scan for errors thingie and started checking for particular files. I saw where it said 002 neighborhood and 004 neighborhood incomplete file and the it typed it under that statement that it deleted both of them. This was before it got to the log in. How can I get them back. I am really going to be an ill little bunny if I loose my guys in uni. Thanks for your time and help. Oh yeah NO PATCHES. I an a serious addict and have ALL the Sims 2 expansions and add-ons. My Sims2 is CD not DVD. That was added later but not the cause of this fiasco.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo-SSA
Go to "Documents and Settings/YourName/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N002" folder
Inside it you should have a file named "N002_Neighborhood.package" it is the last saved file of Strangetown neighbourhood. It is probably corrupted. Rename it to "N002_Neighborhood.corrupted". You should also have a file named "N002_Neighborhood.bak" make a copy of it and rename it to "N002_Neighborhood.package". Start your The Sims2 game, and your Strangetown neighbourhood should be back. But it will be reverted to a few days before the last time you played in Strangetown.

O.K. I gave up last night and had some fitfull nightmares about my poor missing simmies wandering lost in the shadow worlds. I checked out the folders as Leo-SSA suggested and found 2 somethings interesting. First, I do not have a neighborhood 002.bak file. I have a neighborhood 002.reia file. Is it the same thing? I am NOT intellegent in this crap so guys feel free to use BABY talk to me. I promise not to be offended but eternally grateful. Second, my Neighborhood 002.package file has only 1KB in it like lefttenant's does. My custom neighborhood doesn't have Neighborhood reia file at all just a package file. Its custom #4. So somebody out there hear my plea. The custom is my 11 year old foster neice's baby and she is ssssooooo upset. All her teanagers are JUST PERFECT in their assorted hair and makeups.
I however have a spectacular male sim in La Fiesta I would rather not lose. I have not played in Strangetown just at the University. I checked my other neighborhoods that are working fine and their package files are showing over 3,000KB at least. I sure do not want to have to reinstall and have to put in TONS of downloads again. Thanks for any help at all.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#178 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:07 PM
The .reia file only appears in the Maxis neighborhoods. It contains the little video preview of the neighborhood that only those neighborhoods have.

Have you tried Simsample's suggestion from the first post of this thread?

"Go to My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods and cut and paste the neighbourhoodManager.package file to your desktop. Now go to Program files/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ TS Data/ Res/ User Data/ Neighbourhoods and copy the neighbourhoodmanager.package file- paste it into your Documents folder where your old neighbourhoodmanager file was. Does that make any difference?"

Before trying that, you can always make a backup copy of your entire My Docs/EA Games/Sims2 folder somewhere safe 'just in case'.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#179 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
The .reia file only appears in the Maxis neighborhoods. It contains the little video preview of the neighborhood that only those neighborhoods have.

Have you tried Simsample's suggestion from the first post of this thread?

"Go to My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods and cut and paste the neighbourhoodManager.package file to your desktop. Now go to Program files/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ TS Data/ Res/ User Data/ Neighbourhoods and copy the neighbourhoodmanager.package file- paste it into your Documents folder where your old neighbourhoodmanager file was. Does that make any difference?"

Before trying that, you can always make a backup copy of your entire My Docs/EA Games/Sims2 folder somewhere safe 'just in case'.

It didn't do a thing different. Still nothing. I'm wondering if installing the new expansion might correct this problem. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.depressed sign! This suks. I have tons of stuff to reinstall. Thanks for your help and time.
Test Subject
#180 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 6:41 PM
my favorite custom neighborhood randomly died several months ago and after excessive attempts to restore it (see previous posts) i finally gave up on my old neighborhood and created a new one; and it just died also, after a few months of gameplay, with no readily apparent reason.

my question is this: has anyone else experienced time-delayed continuing problems? as, you lost one neighborhood and so started again, then after a significant period of time that one dies as well? i didn't reinstall but i think i will now, so i'm wondering if other people have reinstalled and had the problem after they did. thanks all!
Test Subject
#181 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 7:35 AM
THis morning when i played the sims... pleasantview was reset back to defualt as well as its university... i didnt do anything different on my computer. I only have the Sims original and sims uni.I have windows XP and i have cheked the program files HEAPS of times but nothing is there
Test Subject
#182 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 12:35 AM
All the technical jargon eludes me, but I do know that my Veronaville is gone, kaput, vanished. I doesn't really matter, since that was the neighborhood I used the least, but it's still unnerving.
Test Subject
#183 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 7:05 AM
i see my riverblossom file as G001 in both My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods AND Program files/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ TS Data/ Res/ User Data/ Neighbourhoods but it doesnt show in the game.
retired moderator
#184 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 3:14 PM
If you have not tried the suggestions in the very first post of this thread, please do so now. We also need the information that Simsample requests in that post. Thanks.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#185 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 6:12 AM Last edited by Ting : 4th Oct 2007 at 9:23 PM.
Hi

First off, I didn't have time to read through the whole thread because I've got to get to work, so I apologise if I'm posting a problem that's duplicate to someone else's.

Operating system: Windows XP Professional.

Computer specs: 1,9GHz processor, 512mb RAM, NVIDA.

Games: Base game, Uni, Pets, Seasons, Glam Stuff, H&M.

Details of neighbourhood loss: All of my neighbourhoods are still there (haven't checked the uni neighbourhoods though). What's missing is a number of Sims. Most lots have lost all but one Sim, while other lots are intact. There seems to be no correlation between who's lost, along the lines of original families, custom clothes, etc. The hack I use is the inSIMenator, plus the "no dig dirt pile" one.

What I did before it was lost: My computer got turned off while it was loading a lot. When I then ran the game I deleted a number of custom clothes through the "Create Sim" function, which I do every now and then to sort out stuff I've downloaded but probably will never use.

File details: The neighbourhood files are obviously still there, and the character files appear to be too. I've played the custom neighbourhood in question for some time now, and have reached my third and fourth generation Sims, so there are more than 500 character files there.

EDIT: I might also add that I tried the suggestion in the first post, with the NeighborhoodManager.package, even though my problem isn't with a missing neighbourhood, and nothing changed.
Test Subject
#186 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 2:33 AM
Default secret society crash
Once the accumulated Simolean cash reaches 243 million, the game crashes. Any reason why?
retired moderator
#187 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 3:07 AM
wallisdj, this thread is for Disappearing Neighborhoods. Please repost in your own thread since your question has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand.

Test Subject
#188 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 9:22 PM
Default My favorite NH are gone!!
I MADE SURE to save before I quit. As I am quitting the screen always goes black and music plays. While that was happening the power went out for about 2 seconds and my computer was shut down. The next day when I went to play, I saw that my two favorite neighborhoods were gone. Pleasantveiw and Strangetown are gone but Veronaville is still there. Also there is another weird neighboorhood I've never had before named Pets. It light green with dark green lines all over it and when I hover over it, it says it is a hidden neighborhood for pets. I am about to cry for all the hard work I did. When I check in the files and stuff Pleasantveiw and Strangetown are still there. What can I do!? Any way to bring back what I did! HELP!
retired moderator
#189 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 2:22 AM
Charlizzie89, did you try replacing the neighborhoodmanager file like Simsample suggests in the first post?

Test Subject
#190 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 2:13 AM
I lost a house that I needed for moviemaking !
I was switching these sims between two houses, then I came back, and the one wanted them in was an empty lot!
I thought maybe it was just a neighbourhood glitch so I opened the lot but it was empty!?
EEEK.
The lot has since been deleted and this really sucks considering I really wanted some more scenes in it.

Not happy.
Amy <3
Test Subject
#191 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 4:19 AM
I posted this on another thread because I didn’t see this one. My apologies to the moderators.

What happened to the Sims of Riverblossom Hill?

Hey folks,

I rarely post but something happened in my game that I find truly puzzling. I installed Bon Voyage about two weeks ago, applied the patch, thought everything was OK but my game has been unstable and buggy ever since. The only vacation spot that works is the mountain resort. Twikikii freezes without locking the game and the Asian based destination works but the Tour Guides won’t interact with my Sims so they can’t book tours.

However, last night I loaded River Blossom because I like the terrain and wanted to play in a fresh location. I had over 20 families in River Blossom and they completely disappeared. I checked the character files in the My Documents/Sims 2 folder and all of the character files were there. If I have a new Sim make a phone call all of the disappeared Sims are listed as available and they can be called. It’s a mystery. Has this happened with anyone else? I’ve removed the downloads folder to no effect so I know it’s not a hack.

System specs:

• Processor: 1
o CPU_Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz
o CPU_Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
o CPU_Caption: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
o CPU_Version: Model 15, Stepping 11
o CPU_CurrentClockSpeed: 2666MHz
o CPU_AddressWidth: 32Bits
o CPU_DataWidth: 32Bits
o CPU_SocketDesignation: Socket 775
• Processor: 2
• Processor: 3
• Processor: 4
System Memory

• Memory Module: 1
o Mem_Capacity: 1024MB
o Mem_BankLabel: DIMM #1
o Mem_Type: DDR2
o Mem_Frequency: 800 MHz
• Memory Module: 2
o Mem_BankLabel: DIMM #2
• Memory Module: 3
o Mem_BankLabel: DIMM #3
• Memory Module: 4
o Mem_BankLabel: DIMM #4

• Video_Caption: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
• Video_AdapterRAM: 256MB
• Video_DriverVersion: 6.14.11.5822

OS Windows XP Media Edition.

Thanks for your help.

Matt
Test Subject
#192 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 3:26 PM
I took a closer look in my character folder. The last file is called N004_User00580.package, which suggests that there should be 581 files including the one named N004_User00000.package. However there are only 547 files in the folder. Apparently 34 character files were deleted somehow, and I'm betting there's no way to get them back. So it looks like I've just got to accept the lost characters and start over with a new neighbourhood.
What I really would like to know though, is how this error occurred. If it was because something I did, then it would be good to know, so that it can be avoided in the future.
Test Subject
#193 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 3:59 PM
Forgot to put this in my original post. I have all of the expansion and stuff packs.

Matt
Test Subject
#194 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 7:08 PM
Well it appears I'm the next person struck by this problem. Yikes!

Computer Specs: 3.0GHz, 2Gb RAM, Radeon X1950Pro

Games: All the Sims 2 expansion packs, up to and including Bon Voyage as well as all the patches

Details: I only play on Pleasantview and Riverblossom Hills. Both of the neighbourhoods are now gone. I haven't removed my downloads and I have many, many hacks. I don't think they caused a problem since I have been playing with them forever.

Neighbourhood Files: they are all there and contain all the correct info but the game can't seem to read them.

No SimPE

Recent Changes: updated my video driver

I did try the copy/paste neighbourhoodmanager.pkg file but that didn't work for me.

Hopefully this info will help someone solve the problem. I'm off to do a complete reinstall. Lucky me!
Test Subject
#195 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:19 AM
Default Your lost neighborhoods
Quote: Originally posted by prcd
Well it appears I'm the next person struck by this problem. Yikes!

Computer Specs: 3.0GHz, 2Gb RAM, Radeon X1950Pro

Games: All the Sims 2 expansion packs, up to and including Bon Voyage as well as all the patches

Details: I only play on Pleasantview and Riverblossom Hills. Both of the neighbourhoods are now gone. I haven't removed my downloads and I have many, many hacks. I don't think they caused a problem since I have been playing with them forever.

Neighbourhood Files: they are all there and contain all the correct info but the game can't seem to read them.

No SimPE

Recent Changes: updated my video driver

I did try the copy/paste neighbourhoodmanager.pkg file but that didn't work for me.

Hopefully this info will help someone solve the problem. I'm off to do a complete reinstall. Lucky me!

Interesting. I also updated my drivers but I lost my sims 2 days later. What kind of video card do you have? Did you do backups of your neighborhoods?
The reason I ask this last question is that I wonder if a fresh install will restore my sims.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:12 AM
You can try to reinstall, but it will only bring the default neighborhoods back. Your Sims and Lots might still be gone.

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
Test Subject
#197 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 4:24 AM
Well I got the missing Sims mystery figured out but now I've got a new problem with the Wants Controller. I have never had this many bugs in my game. Bon Voyage is fun but EA really did a terrible job with the software.
Test Subject
#198 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 11:16 PM
As it turns out, Sims disappearing is not the only new bug in my game... I haven't played for a while since I kind of lost some interest when more than 30 of my Sims disappeared, but yesterday I started playing again. And it wasn't too long before I started noticing further errors.

My Sims can no longer get married. If I try to wed them via the arch they do the whole exchanging rings bit but then they just jump apart before they can actually become married. If I try to go via the pie menu the game ignores it and the Sims jump apart.
Also, some Sims can't do romantic interactions with others. Just as with the marriage thing, they just jump apart from the other Sim.

Anybody got any clues?
retired moderator
#199 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 3:00 AM
Ting, are entire neighborhoods disappearing or just miscellaneous sims?

Test Subject
#200 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 9:46 AM
Just miscellaneous Sims. And from what I can tell, only from the neighbourhood I'm currently playing.
Page 8 of 28