Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Outerwear as.... Outerwear! UPDATE: Fixed Uni Bug

by fanseelamb Posted 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:36 PM - Updated 15th May 2013 at 12:46 AM by fanseelamb : testing 123

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 176 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 9:27 PM
Thank you thank you !! You are awesome
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 1:22 AM
Well I'm totally losing it I think. I remember seeing this thread. I remember learning we could make our own outerwear in Body Shop and I don't remember installing your files to my game but I guess I must have. Granted this was on my other pc and I don't have it hooked up right now. I'll have to look in there once I get the processor fixed on it (if I remember). I could have sworn they just miraculously showed up and I thought ohh how cool! lol I don't know. Maybe I did install your files. (shrugs) My new pc I bought this past week... I did the same method and they aren't showing up in Outerwear this time but then neither are my sims that I created in Body Shop last night. Downloaded skins are tho... how weird.

Sorry! I thought maybe I was onto something. (scratches head) Ooohh well. I just installed your files to the bin folder. I'm just happy to have them. I didn't know that about SimPE vs. Body shop in file size. This is going to leave more room for more stuff to install lol. ttyl
Test Subject
#103 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 1:16 PM
Thank you! I really appreciate this.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 9:33 PM
i think u could do this in bodyshop

Any requests, questions or queries just send them too webmessia@googlemail.com
Test Subject
#105 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 7:21 PM
This mod makes my Sims happy. 8D (and warm!)
Test Subject
#106 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 11:16 PM Last edited by glitzyhussy : 31st Mar 2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: more info
I would like to put these files in this way:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
however, that's not the way my game seems to be set up. I can get this far...
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2
My folders don't have the same titles as the rest of that directory. Help?

eta- I tried to just put them in my downloads folder but they didn't show up.
Test Subject
#107 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 4:31 PM
I can't edit that last post anymore for whatever reason, but I opened up my downloads folder today and the files are there. They just didn't instantly appear when I installed them. I still haven't figured out the idiot proof installation path thingie yet, though.
Test Subject
#108 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 6:49 AM
Something went wrong when I tried to install, can someone help with this?

I have Q-Xpress Installer v1.1.9 and I tried to install this and an installation report popped up saying an error occured (it didn't say any files). The error was: 380: Invalid property value . Help!

MTS2 is freaking awesome
That comes from the heart
<33
Field Researcher
#109 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 8:04 AM
fanseelamb,

I really want this, but I am not sure which one to download. I have the base game, University, Nightlife, OFB and Seasons. I do not have Pets or any of the stuff packs. Can you tell me which file(s) I need to download? And thank you so much for doing this and sharing it with everyone. I have wanted this since I installed Seasons.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#110 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 11:17 AM
Some of did not showed up as a outerwear
1. On pic fanseelamb_thumb_maxis-outerwear04.jpg
2. on pic fanseelamb_thumb_maxis-outerwear18.jpg
I remember exactly

PS Oh I put them in Downloads....
I should try to put in Bins :D

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 8:00 PM
glitterbug: Please see the Q-Xpress page for help with Q-Xpress.

Simsane: Each file contains the outfits from the EP in the filename. So if you want the Nightlife and OFB and basegame outfits, download all those files. You don't need the stuff pack files if you don't have the stuff packs.

Ailias: You might have a conflicting hack. Do you have an unlocked outfits mod from somewhere else? That's the only reason I can think of since those are basegame clothes and they work for everyone else.
Test Subject
#112 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 12:34 PM
So does that mean we can get the Uni clothing even if we don't have Uni?
Or should we download only for the games we have?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:28 PM
Just download for the games you have, kozymoi. Installing the other files won't do any harm but they won't make the outfits magically appear either.
Test Subject
#114 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
I considered disabling them from showing in the original category but chose not to. Some people may still want them in those categories, and there aren't so many that they clutter the bins much. If there's enough demand I *might* make outerwear-only versions ...but it doesn't seem like a very big issue to me.
Thank you for the work you've done. It would be fantastic if you could make an outerwear-only version of this mod! It would really help people keep their clothes more organized since there are already so many clothes in the "everyday" section. It's so much more useful if all the outerwear was in one place...
Test Subject
#115 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 6:37 PM
I keep having the weirdest error after I dled this... My sims can't use their dressers. I can't even click on the dressers, except in Buy mode to move them around. I don't know if this is just conflicting with something else, but the problem stops when I remove this mod, and I never have the problem without this mod being installed.

Weird o_O
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 11:05 PM
That's very weird, snarkysedai. Did you try it with just this mod in your downloads folder and no other mods? This mod is very minor and should not cause anything like that to happen. Perhaps you have some other hack that's affecting your dressers?
Test Subject
#117 Old 16th May 2007 at 10:27 PM
Thank you so much, it works great in my game.
Scholar
#118 Old 20th May 2007 at 3:44 AM
Thanks! I have Windkeeper's mod, so I won't download the Uni- no big loss anyway.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 30th May 2007 at 3:46 PM
You've spoken several times about 'unlockers' being not compatible with this, but what about the hiders by Jordi? Currently I have mods that hide toddler badger clothes and mascot outfits. Since these mods were made assuming that the outfits were still in everyday wear, will the two conflict? In other words, would using the 2 mods together still hide them in everyday wear but allow them for outerwear or will one mod override the other?

Of course if you give us the outerwear only mod, those previous mods would be redundant anyway.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 30th May 2007 at 5:31 PM
I think one mod would override the other in that case, magicmoon. I've never tested that, but you feel free to!
Field Researcher
#121 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 5:39 PM
This is fantastic! I am so gonna download this mod when I have Seasons installed Thanks!!

It's "gilysse" with a small "g"..

Sorry but I am no longer open for suggestions.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 12:02 PM Last edited by Lupusdragon : 9th Jun 2007 at 1:48 PM. Reason: Update
I was wondering why only the female GLS fur coats were showing up, but then I read through these comments. Alas, I have windkeeper's unlocked outfits and the elder enabled GLS mod. I suppose I am just S.O.L.

Great job with these though. If I did not have conflicting mods, I would completely use these to death! Thanks for doing this, Fanseelamb.

Edit: So I removed those two potentially conflicting mods, and the only conversions that show up are the GLS and the Uni Jackets. I think I have another mod that enables basegame and older EP clothes for elders. I will remove that one and see what happens. I've decided that I'd rather have the outerwear than the other mods lol

Mods rock my sox.
Alchemist
#123 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 2:17 PM
Since I´ve found no post from me, I´ll hurry up now to say "Thank you " for this marvellous idea, I´ve got the download some time ago, and all works perfect for me!! Thanks, my hero!!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 9:07 AM
Update: H&M Outerwear now available as.... Outerwear! Yay! There are 8 outfits for women, 3 for teen girls, and 3 for men. The H&M Stuff Pack and Seasons are both required to use this mod. Like before, the H&M outfits will be available as Outerwear and in their original category. You can get the file in the first post of this thread.
Top Secret Researcher
#125 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 12:25 PM
Thanks for the newly HM addition fansee, i have yet to buy it but i will soon and this will be the first thing i'll download ;-)

You will find my older and newest creations here
Page 5 of 8