Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Outerwear as.... Outerwear! UPDATE: Fixed Uni Bug

by fanseelamb Posted 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:36 PM - Updated 15th May 2013 at 12:46 AM by fanseelamb : testing 123

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 176 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
#151 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:19 PM
Does the sub-folder have to be called anything in particular if you put them in the Program files?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:39 PM
hannan100: Nope, any name should do. You don't even have to use a subfolder but it keeps the files together nicely in case you want to remove them later.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:43 AM
Great great great ! It's a very useful mod !
But... some clothes from new packs seem very well as outwears. I think you should update this mod up to Apartment Life.

I also noticed that the mod came into conflict with Sim-Wolf's mod , which makes available all clothing adult and young adult for adults, young adults and seniors. Some outfits no longer appear in the category Outerwear, others outfits disappears, and so on. I think that is because these two mods alter the same value in SimPE.

Thank you for response.
Stupid people are stupid
#154 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 5:57 AM
I was wondering why i missed this, but looking at the date i see. I wasn't exactly able to go online when you uploaded this...
Thanks Fansee!
Test Subject
#155 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 6:28 AM
Thank you so much! I notice you seem to be one of the few people who has the same pet peeve I do !

Love this! Thank you again!
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 5:13 PM
Is this going to be updated for apartment life? because there are a few from apartment life especially for teen female
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#157 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 8:15 PM
rafa323: Someone else already did the Apartment Life Outerwear. Please see "ETA 3" at the end of my original post for a link.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 1:41 PM
Excellent hack! This saves loads of tedious time in bodyshop! Thanks a bundle!

AKA DocRossim
More content here
Find my artwork here
Test Subject
#159 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 6:14 PM
Do you have/know a tutorial that teaches how to make a this (change everyday clothes to outerwear, everyday to formal etc.)? If you do i'd realy appreceate if you sent the link to me ^.^
Have a nice day!
Instructor
#160 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 6:15 AM
Thank you for this. You should send Maxis the bill.
Test Subject
#161 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 8:38 PM
Wow. Great
Test Subject
#162 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 10:55 AM
were u get seasons sims i need them but i dont know were to get it
Field Researcher
#163 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 3:38 PM
Not only did they NOT convert thhe coats from other EPs to Outerwear,they also provided a ton of ug-fug outerwear!Damn Maxis!

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Test Subject
#164 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 5:26 PM
What a brilliant idea! Thanks alot.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 6:10 PM
Hmm, probably a silly question, but can't you do this and have the same results on Body Shop? Just go through a few tedious steps, but it'll appear as custom content.

I'm asking because I can't download your mod since my computer (that Sims2 is one) has no internet.

Thanks for the idea, though!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#166 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 8:09 PM
naomi.isabella: Yes, you can convert clothes to Outerwear using Bodyshop, but there are downsides to doing it that way. Bodyshop clones will be much larger files because they include the textures instead of pointing to the textures already in the game. And since they're copies of the original textures, they'll be slightly lower quality - anytime you copy a texture you lose a bit of quality. Plus, as you mentioned, it will appear as custom content. Having them appear as Maxis content with the appropriate EP logo keeps clothing bins much tidier.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 9:44 PM
Ah, I see. Thank you for that explanation.

I was a bit irritated to find perfectly decent outerwear in the casual bin. It took about two hours of my time thoroughly switching all the winter clothes to become "real" outerwear (I did some switching for formal to casual and vice versa, and some athletic wear for the female sims.) I'll be sure to download this when (or if) my computer gets internet.
Field Researcher
#168 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 6:07 PM
Cheers you! I am so glad I stumble across this mod! three cheers for you!
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 5:59 PM
Luuuv mods that make the game play easier! Thanks alot for your work again!
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 12:41 AM
Is Mansion and Garden stuff considered an EP or would I just use AL? Also, does this clash with maxis clothing hiders ?

Nintendo Freak
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#171 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:08 AM
powerpuff44: Mansion & Garden Stuff acts like an EP. You mean for the "bins" folder thing? Yeah probably use Mansion & Garden. If it doesn't work, then try AL. If another mod hides the same outfits being recategorized by this mod, then yes they will clash. If they don't edit the same outfits they shouldn't clash.
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:51 AM
Oh okay, thanks!

Nintendo Freak
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:24 PM
this is a very awesome tool. im wondering tho, what if I installed The Sims 2 Store edition? will I put the files their?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#174 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM
ikieSimmy203: I'm not sure. Try it and see if it works.
Forum Resident
#175 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 12:53 AM
I have H&M by way of the Best of Business collection, but my latest expansion pack is Seasons. I've placed the files for the base game, NL, and GLS in the "bins" folder for Seasons, and they show up; but when I put the H&M file there, those outfits are not showing up. Any idea where I need to put it so it shows?
Page 7 of 8