Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#12926 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 7:09 PM
I am sure if this could be a hack object or PLUG IN kind of mod...a mod that allowes you to have kind of HOTEL BUSINESS: the owner can set a space where customer could spend time (animation/function/system copied from UNIVERSITY DORM doors) + ticket machine. What do you think simmers?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#12927 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
I am sure if this could be a hack object or PLUG IN kind of mod...a mod that allowes you to have kind of HOTEL BUSINESS: the owner can set a space where customer could spend time (animation/function/system copied from UNIVERSITY DORM doors) + ticket machine. What do you think simmers?

It would be brill! I'd like there to be a check-in desk too, like in a restaurant. I remember way back when it came out I was disappointed we couldn't have sims own a hotel.
Top Secret Researcher
#12928 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 7:26 AM

I have found this, but haven't tried it yet:
Quote: Originally posted by junglewildchild
ACTUALLY, you can have a sim run a hotel, if you download the hotel podium from simlogical. The plus to this is that you don't need BV for this. But you do need OFB if you want to charge them for this. This mod will make sims stay at community lots for a day or two instead of a few hours. To charge others, you need to use a ticket machine. You also can make your own hotel for your simmies to visit with BV, but you can't run those. There is a tutorial for that on the web, just look it up

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#12929 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 1:58 PM
I'd like it if someone could make the 'Classic Dance' interaction platonic, would be nice for medieval gameplay or weddings where everyone wants to dance with the bride.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Top Secret Researcher
#12930 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 8:04 PM
There's already the mod to have traits in TS2, but I would like to have more variety in it. It seems not that much compared to TS4.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Field Researcher
#12931 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
There's already the mod to have traits in TS2, but I would like to have more variety in it. It seems not that much compared to TS4.

Well...if there are UNIQUE and INTERESTING sims 4 traits, that would be really nice (done the same way as 3 traits) if some talented cc creator(s) made these.
Field Researcher
#12932 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 4:09 AM
A mod that allowed you to place more than 4 playable apartment units in the same complex! I know you can technically make as many apartments as you want, but I'd love to be able to place my playable sims in more than just 4.
Instructor
#12933 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 8:47 AM Last edited by Amalia81 : 5th Nov 2022 at 11:44 AM.
I'd love it if someone could alter the Batbox so that it gives sims the normal 'graduated from college' memory instead of 'graduated summa cum laude'. Not all of my sims are overachievers!
Mad Poster
#12934 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
I'd love it if someone could alter the Batbox so that it gives sims the normal 'graduated from college' memory instead of 'graduated summa cum laude'. Not all of my sims are overachievers!

https://modthesims.info/d/289704/co...ge-diploma.html

This is the counterfeit diploma from Christianlov, which not only gives you the regular 'graduated from college' memory, the pixel does not graduate summa cum laude at all unless you fix his grade point average.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#12935 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I'd like it if someone could make the 'Classic Dance' interaction platonic, would be nice for medieval gameplay or weddings where everyone wants to dance with the bride.

In a similar vein, a mod that makes the "What's your sign?" ask not be considered romantic.
Field Researcher
#12936 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 6:50 PM
Well...if there are UNIQUE and INTERESTING sims 4 traits, that would be really nice (done the same way as 3 traits) if some talented cc creator(s) made these.

What I want to suggest is pretty SIMILAR to TRAITS. MUSIC GENRE tokens. Since 3 and 2 have very similar music genres, it would be nice for sims to have FAVORITE MUSIC like in 3. The tokens would make sims turn exact music they like and (like the traits) can be put into their inventory.

You can make a sim have CLASSIC or ROCK'N'ROLL music as their favorite in TOKEN FORM in their inventory. Every time you play that sim to turn on music they would turn their favorite music genre. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#12937 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 7:43 PM
It would be cool to have Wide CAS mod, but a version for 1440p screens, that means even more than Cas300Extra by Chris Hatch. And maybe if possible even higher, not just 3 icons high, but 4 or 5.
Test Subject
#12938 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimplySlow
It would be cool to have Wide CAS mod, but a version for 1440p screens, that means even more than Cas300Extra by Chris Hatch. And maybe if possible even higher, not just 3 icons high, but 4 or 5.

Maybe Cas500 also by Chris Hatch? Not sure. I never use too high resolution, it causes graphical glitches in my game.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nyes...Cas500.rar/file

For Lena88
As I know, Lamare did smth similar. Although the mod is still not uploaded as finished.
You can test it there
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=661278
Test Subject
#12939 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Just a Cat
Maybe Cas500 also by Chris Hatch? Not sure. I never use too high resolution, it causes graphical glitches in my game.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nyes...Cas500.rar/file

For Lena88
As I know, Lamare did smth similar. Although the mod is still not uploaded as finished.
You can test it there
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=661278

Thanks! I didn't know it existed. But after I tried it, well it doesn't work. Black square, naked category and just 3 columns like in vanilla
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12940 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 8:02 PM
If you have other mods that change the CAS appearance and/or functions, it's possible they conflict. Looks like something weird is going on with that screen.
Forum Resident
#12941 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 10:12 PM
One thing that I would've liked to have seen in TS2, probably with Bon Voyage, would've been the ability to send kids/teens to summer camp. A handful of days in the woods could've been amusing. As it is, without mods, I don't think you can send teens on vacation alone. But even with the mods that do currently exist, that allow you to send teens on vacation, not sure a summer camp thing is quite feasible.

There would be several ways it could've been done.

One way would be as a camp counselor, having a smattering of campers to try and entertain, keeping their moods and levels up for a period of days. Scheduling activities, preparing meals (franks & beans around the campfire?), keeping the peace... kids beating each other up at camp would not make for great letters home! haha

Another way might be to send a kid to camp and let him invite other kids along, kind of the way you would on an outing... where the household was controllable; the other invitees, not so much. You'd need NPC counselors -- maybe like the Activities Director from TS1 on Vacation Island. What was her name? Kana! (i cheated and looked it up) ...only a little more pro-active. I'm thinking, like a pushy version of the tourist guide, or the fitness coach from University, though maybe less focused on sit-ups and more focused on a variety of activities.

Would've been a fun way to play, and one I can't think of a way to create within the limits of the current game, without mods/hacks/cc -- that I'd like to see!

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#12942 Old 22nd Nov 2022 at 10:37 PM
Chris Hatch has something similar. In his FAMILY FRIENDLY sfs folder you can find SEND KIDS TO CAMP like mod.
Mad Poster
#12943 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 4:05 PM
Sims should be able to dance on a table. Especially after a party at a restaurant
Field Researcher
#12944 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 4:57 PM
Ah...such common PARTY thing in Balkan countries..P. S. I agree with this.
Forum Resident
#12945 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Sims should be able to dance on a table. Especially after a party at a restaurant

Sims should be able to throw parties at restaurants, so that they may dance on the table... among other things! haha

I could swear that when I registered my game, I got an email "tip" from Maxis, that you could have parties on community lots. But for the life of me, I cannot find that email or any reference to it online anywhere. And very few in the TS2 community recall getting emailed tips from EAxis after registering. You'd think there'd be a database of them online, somewhere. But alas! Nothing! I remember the first time I tried taking my party to a community lot. The party ended when my playable got in the cab, and everyone just went home. What a disappointment. So yeah... having (or restoring, if it was a thing that was lost in an EP) parties on community lots... So they can dance on the table... I'm all for that!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#12946 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 7:24 PM
Maxis possibly intended to allow that in the game but it got cut, a lot of things got cut from the base game.

Outings are pretty much a substitute for community lot parties, that's what I use them for.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12947 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 7:44 PM
Actually I think EA mishandled the bars in the game-I know it was supposed to be G rated, but why bother to have bars in the game if the pixels don't get drunk from them?

Instead we have to depend on outside sources for the alcoholic content. If someone would hack the bars to get the pixels drunk from 2 or more drinks, I think that'd be a long over due hack.

Because the bars are useless for the game otherwise.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#12948 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:22 PM
The dancing on tables and getting drunk from the bars talk reminded me once more of how much I'd really like my sims to be able to pick eachother up (or, equally importantly, fail to pick eachother up) on the dance floor. Preferably autonomously. It doesn't look much like a real night out to me otherwise.
Top Secret Researcher
#12949 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:25 PM
It would be great if my sims could mown the grass and that neighbours complain (animation of complaining they were looked at with the telescope) if they'd mown the grass on a Sunday ?

Forum Resident
#12950 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Actually I think EA mishandled the bars in the game-I know it was supposed to be G rated, but why bother to have bars in the game if the pixels don't get drunk from them?

Instead we have to depend on outside sources for the alcoholic content. If someone would hack the bars to get the pixels drunk from 2 or more drinks, I think that'd be a long over due hack.

Because the bars are useless for the game otherwise.

I had a couple ideas for that... bar-related flirt options, for one thing. Group socials, like bar stories and jokes as a social interaction. Bar cheers! Toasts! Bar sing-a-longs... like the pirate sea chantey. Buy a round! Shots? Group TV watching designed for sports bars (and sports themed parties, which otherwise really have NOTHING to do with sports, sadly). And, of course, the effects of alcohol.

There's a few mods out there, but I haven't found one yet that I would consider "complete". There's some with all kinds of negatives... but who would ever drink, if it was all bad? Some are a little more amusing, but like, one that I had high hopes for, all the reactions are directed at the head of the household. So all through the party, everyone's pestering the dad with ridiculous socials after every drink. Why would every sim that drinks go and propose marriage to the dad, even if he's passed out in the back yard? How about a little more random flirting? I dunno.

I can see why EAxis didn't do the whole drunkenness thing... but some of the other things wouldn't have been so bad. And just because EAxis didn't, doesn't mean someone else can't. haha.

-gE
>=)
Page 518 of 576