Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#151 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by obrijm09
Quick question...new to doing challenges. My first gen heir has completed their aspiration, and the second gen heir just came of age....What do I do with the first gen heir now? do I move them out of the house?

Heeeey! I know you!

Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by obrijm09
Quick question...new to doing challenges. My first gen heir has completed their aspiration, and the second gen heir just came of age....What do I do with the first gen heir now? do I move them out of the house?

You may either keep them around or move them out. The OP has guidelines for handling things like retirement pensions and other things.

In particular (emphasis mine):

"The next generation's heir comes of age when they age up to YA. At that point, you are officially in that heir's generation, though restrictions from the previous generation continue to apply until that generation is complete. To complete a generation, all parameter goals must be completed and the next generation's heir must have come of age. Unless stated otherwise, all goals and fun objectives begin when the heir comes of age and end when the heir's generation is complete. Once a generation is complete, sims of that generation(including the heir, spouse and any helpers) may move out, though this is not required."
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:41 AM
Quick question again, does Single mean that EVERYONE in the house including the previous generation has to move out after the first child is born? It seems a little crazy to me that my founder won't die on the legacy lot unless the second generation waits to have kids.

The rules do state that moving the previous gen out isn't required but it seems to contradict what the single roll says. Just want some clarification.
Test Subject
#154 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 10:02 PM
If you roll full house with a male sim. How do you deal with the pregnancies as the extras can't be romantically involved? Do you temporarily add the mother to the household until the baby is born?
Mad Poster
#155 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bronwynn
If you roll full house with a male sim. How do you deal with the pregnancies as the extras can't be romantically involved? Do you temporarily add the mother to the household until the baby is born?

I just killed the mother after the babies were born. I wouldn't recommend this though because the father will end up being sad for a few days -_____-

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A lot's been going on in my challenge since the last update:

Heather and Trevor grew into Young Adults. And so the curtain closes on Corey's story and opens on Heather's. After growing up, Heather moved in with her old teenage boyfriend, Kyler. A few days passed and Kyler had a little surprise for Heather.....

And a few days after that.....

Unfortunately, neither of their parents could make it to the ceremony :/

Meanwhile, in Trevor's house...

He and his girlfriend had a daughter, making her the first sim born to my legacy's third generation....too bad Trevor wasn't my heir so this doesn't really matter :P

Heather got pregnant on her honeymoon.

And then three days later....

She had Seth!
Test Subject
#156 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 2:12 PM
I was wondering about the new careers in the game (Business and athlete) and if they were going to be added into the conventional careers list?
Inventor
#157 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mateisha
I was wondering about the new careers in the game (Business and athlete) and if they were going to be added into the conventional careers list?

I was wondering the same thing. Given that they are similar to the conventional careers, I would assume so; it's the Get to Work careers that will be harder to add in.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#158 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 9:42 PM
I have another question! How do you do it when you start the new generations goal? I'm in the beginning of generation 2 and he got couple as marital status. I have played him for some time now, searching for the right one etc, is that wrong? Should he get involved with someone immediately and move her/him in? And how does it work with the other statuses? Do they have to move other spouses in immediately?

Sorry if I'm making it too complicated o.O
Test Subject
#159 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 10:13 PM
Heyy first time playing this and omg it looks like sooo much fun!! check out my blog sims4stories.blogspot.com to look at my random Legacy!!!!
Test Subject
#160 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skogsraah
I have another question! How do you do it when you start the new generations goal? I'm in the beginning of generation 2 and he got couple as marital status. I have played him for some time now, searching for the right one etc, is that wrong? Should he get involved with someone immediately and move her/him in? And how does it work with the other statuses? Do they have to move other spouses in immediately?

Sorry if I'm making it too complicated o.O

My understanding is that you don't need to have the couple status immediately, but his partner (they don't need to get married) needs to be moved in within 24 hours of the birth of the first child. Depending on your goals or other rolls, you may want to do this quickly. For instance, if you aren't having many children, you may work on your career or aspirations before you start on the family targets for your generation.
Test Subject
#161 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geohawk
My understanding is that you don't need to have the couple status immediately, but his partner (they don't need to get married) needs to be moved in within 24 hours of the birth of the first child. Depending on your goals or other rolls, you may want to do this quickly. For instance, if you aren't having many children, you may work on your career or aspirations before you start on the family targets for your generation.

Thank you! That seems like the way to go
Inventor
#162 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 6:15 PM
My ideas for where the new careers belong in the RLC rules:
  • Business and Athletic: Conventional careers
  • Herbalism: Unconventional careers (requires Outdoor Retreat)

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:56 PM
I am wondering if it is allowed to go into cas and change the sim that you are moving in's age. I'm on the 2nd generation and just moved in the 2nd girlfriend and she has 3 days until aging to elder. I guess it adds a bit to the story but my YA sim will be stuck with an elder now.
Test Subject
#164 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 10:09 AM
The thing I hate about legacies like this is everything being ''random''. I hate being random, so I just customized the challenge to make everything non-random, still, the credit goes to the original poster for the idea.
Test Subject
#165 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 11:39 PM
Default My Gen 1 Roll!
I attempted a random legacy in TS3 but it never amounted to much of anything because I was too busy thinking about TS4! Now that this is out for TS4, and I actually have the game, here are my rolls (I did make a couple of mistakes but I'm treating this as a test round to see if I can hold it together. I will add an extra generation to make up for it!)

A: Couple
B: 2 children
C: Painter (Master of the Real)
D: Freelance Author
E: Dependable
F: Random

Due to my random rolls (as I decided to randomize initial aspirations AND traits) my secondary Sim is Noncommital while the heir is family-oriented, but he did get the Bestselling Author aspiration to go with his career!

My heir is Karlina Bowman, and her husband is Seth. They moved into a pretty big mansion and as a penalty have started off with 0 simoleons (yes, I am aware this broke the rules, but I am terrible at building houses and am penalizing them!). Karlina is a Perfectionist, Family-Oriented, and Cheerful Sim. I plan on making their succession rules Strict Matriarchy-Strict Traditional-Exemplar, but I'm not sure which trait I want to use!
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:17 AM Last edited by BlindingEchoes : 5th Mar 2015 at 9:50 AM.
I've done this challenge for both TS2 & TS3, so I figured now it's time for me to try it out with 4, here's hoping I get further along this time than I ever did any of the previous times lol. I won't be blogging the legacy, I find that takes the fun out of it for me, but I will be posting about it on my simblr is you'd like to follow

Now for my first generation's roll;
- Couple
- 3 Children
- Carpenter
- eSports Gamer (Tech Guru)
- Expansionist
- Hands Off!

Succession Laws; Equality - Modern - Last Born

Oh, also, @lil bag2 I wanted to ask, did you build that wedding venue/park or did you download it? Because it's beautiful, I'd love something like that in my game for weddings

Edit: Made my founders ❤ Four pictures below.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 2:56 PM
I rolled 8 for a goal (move lots or bulldoze and start over) if i have special items (gravestones, party rewards, career rewards, ect) am I allowed to take those with me/ not bulldoze them?
Test Subject
#168 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 1:19 AM
[/IMG]I just found these rules of Sims 4. I used to love the Random Legacy for Sims 3, so I'm giving this one a shot.

This is my founder, Barry Underhill.

He's a Serial Romance aspiration who's a little bit Hot-headed, something of a Perfectionist, and slightly Romantic.

This was his Generational Roll:

And I intro'ed him here: http://simlife.meadow-bee.com/under...dom-legacy-1-1/
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 10:11 PM
So after failing my first attempt at this, I have started again, and I'm currently in the middle of gen 2.

Test Subject
#170 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 6:27 AM
OP, do you plan to update this challenge after the new Careers EP comes out, or with the Herbalist skill and Aspiration from the outdoor living game pack?
Test Subject
#171 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 1:18 PM
Loving this challenge. Up to Generation 3 now and this is my roll for the generation:

A: Mixed Single - Children must be a mix of naturally-born and adopted. If you have rolled to have only one child, you may have a second to satisfy this parameter.
B: Two Children.
C: UC- Freelance Comedian – Use the microphone to perform comedy routines and publish comedy books (self-publishing).
D: Not Applicable.
E: Collector - Your heir, spouse, helpers and children must complete and display one of the collections. All items must be found or grown that generation, and for plants you may not use seeds from previous generations...find your own! If you already completed part of a collection in a previous generation, you can choose that collection, but you must collect the objects you already have again with a sim from this generation. Collections and display requirements are as follows:
Postcards – Bunchapals Postcard Corkboard.
F: Runs in the Family - Pick a trait from your heir (not a bonus or reward trait). Every child born to your heir must take this trait at the earliest opportunity.

Here is the family tree so far. The Generation 3 Heir is Kody! xD

http://familyecho.com/?p=A00GV&c=ao...055982983175917
Scholar
#172 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:17 PM
Hi, I have started this legacy and it's going well, is it going to be updated for the patches and expansions or not
Scholar
#173 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyegal19
Hi, I have started this legacy and it's going well, is it going to be updated for the patches and expansions or not

Here's Chapter 1
Field Researcher
#174 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 4:35 PM
I started a Sims4 legacy a while back. It sort of... vaguely, roughly, follows the legacy challenge rules. With frequent bending of said rules for dramatic effect

My Gen 1 had two kids, but Gen 2 has got off to a rocky start...

I roll my traits and aspirations randomly, but most of the careers/story aspects are decided by me. If I get stuck I use something like this though, to make it more interesting.

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 1:25 PM
I have a few questions about the "Dependable" roll - does it apply to children in the household as well? and does "missing" work mean not doing the daily task? or does it mean skipping work? And if it's the latter, would you count taking personal days (vacation days/maternity leave) as missing work?
Page 7 of 26