Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9651 Old 12th May 2022 at 4:34 AM
You definitely have some mod. Majors don't affect grade gain at all in the unmodded game.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#9652 Old 12th May 2022 at 7:12 PM
When uni students move in, if you reload the household without saving (using CTRL+SHIFT+L) they will all be grown up already when you enter the lot. It'll be 8 AM and everyone will have the same hours until final exam. :o

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Theorist
#9653 Old 13th May 2022 at 7:59 AM
I believe (though I'm not sure) that something similar would happen with moving a regular family on a lot and then reloading. The taxi dropoff scene wouldn't occur and it would be 8 AM.
Lab Assistant
#9654 Old 13th May 2022 at 9:53 AM
I'm not sure if I posted this before or if it's common knowledge, but to me it was a surprise finding out that the M key cycles an item through all placement slots if put onto one having them (like counters etc).

I love the slots of Sims themselves especially (needs moveobjects on of course). While several slots clear the item after an animation played, some have "special effects":
  • If you put another Sim to the "left of the head" slot, the owner Sim will _always_ put them down as if they carried them as a toddler, even if they are not toddlers. I think this also works for pets.
  • The "right of the head" slot following after that one allows to safely place items there without them vanishing after some time. Like a set alert clock waking up brats wherever they are. Or a stinking garbage bag. Or the head of a non-breaking / teen servo so they always have someone to talk to - sometimes trying to continually turn to them like a dog for its tail.
  • Some spots on the head also show items placed in it in the action menu. Funny to place a huge pan on some sim's head and name him Pan-ic Peter. I'm so funny.
  • Always looks good for horror movies to place an axe from the wooden axe game in the center head slot. There's actually a funtastic mod allowing you to actually get rid of Sims which utilizes the slot just like this
Top Secret Researcher
#9655 Old 13th May 2022 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I believe (though I'm not sure) that something similar would happen with moving a regular family on a lot and then reloading. The taxi dropoff scene wouldn't occur and it would be 8 AM.

Yeah, the game was paused as well, just perfect! (But pausing may not occur every time, idk.) Of course there is the cost of the extra loading screen though ...

Mad Poster
#9656 Old 13th May 2022 at 2:24 PM
I really don't see the point. If you want to skip the cut scene you can just turn them off.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9657 Old 13th May 2022 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PacMani
I'm not sure if I posted this before or if it's common knowledge, but to me it was a surprise finding out that the M key cycles an item through all placement slots if put onto one having them (like counters etc).

It does. Personally I find it a bit more useful for shelves and counters than for sims, since they usually don't hold the items in a very esthetically pleasing way (I prefer using accessories or OMSPs, depending on the purpose). Can be fun, though - I've on occasion had sims walking around with flower pots on their heads just for funsies (the craftable daisies look ridicolous and yet oddly satisfying on plantsims, like the pods on their heads finally sprouted).
Lab Assistant
#9658 Old 13th May 2022 at 9:10 PM Last edited by PacMani : 13th May 2022 at 9:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It does. Personally I find it a bit more useful for shelves and counters than for sims, since they usually don't hold the items in a very esthetically pleasing way (I prefer using accessories or OMSPs, depending on the purpose). Can be fun, though - I've on occasion had sims walking around with flower pots on their heads just for funsies (the craftable daisies look ridicolous and yet oddly satisfying on plantsims, like the pods on their heads finally sprouted).

That's an awesome idea. The slot system is quite powerful in TS2!

Also love using OMSPs. Especially in combination, like creating a "natural" swimming pool with the tops of huge trees covering the ground or adding other kinds of flora underwater. Or hiding a sunken car in it since I play a complete mess family.

I just wish there'd be one like the Magisplay Tray property which seemingly "freezes" objects put on them, as the Magisplay itself doesn't want to snap to the rotating OSMPs it seems.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9659 Old 13th May 2022 at 9:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th May 2022 at 9:34 PM.
If you have AL you can use the Freezer clock to freeze individual sims: https://modthesims.info/d/303295/freezer-clock.html

(if you edit it, you can also use it for toddlers, pets and babies - the two latter ones need cheats or mods to make them selectable/controllable. Sims don't seem to fully register as present on the lot when frozen, so make sure to always have one teen or older sim not frozen, because there can occasionally be some issues if not, especially if there are kids or pets on the lot)

Also would advice against using the magisplay tray for sims - if you're unlucky it can cause sims to disappear completely from the lot (I've had that happen, a while back - tried every trick in the book to get the sim back, but nothing worked). Silentlucidity's OMSPs (the shiftable set - and the BG-compatible version if you don't have AL), and a variety of others meant for posing are safer to use.
Lab Assistant
#9660 Old 13th May 2022 at 9:49 PM
Awesome, thanks! I'm gonna try the freezer clock. It looks fun.
And yeah, another warning about putting Sims on Magisplay trays; I had my game freeze / "dead"lock if I had the frozen Sim selected while saving and then attempted to load the lot later. I guess it really does hard-pause all "scripting" going on in those Sims and the game waits for a ready signal forever on load... Had to move everyone out and lose all furniture to fix it xD
Top Secret Researcher
#9661 Old 13th May 2022 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I really don't see the point. If you want to skip the cut scene you can just turn them off.

The point is that they'll have equal hours until final exam and you don't lose valuable minutes waiting for all of them to grow up.

Instructor
#9662 Old 13th May 2022 at 11:12 PM
@PacMan: I just LOVE that swimming pool! I like to think of how that car ended up in there - I hope it was a wild rock star style party.
Lab Assistant
#9663 Old 14th May 2022 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
@PacMan: I just LOVE that swimming pool! I like to think of how that car ended up in there - I hope it was a wild rock star style party.

Apparently there are no recorded memories of how that happened... who knows :D

Today I also discovered that this is a thing in the game:

It even has a nice poem coming with it...
Quote: Originally posted by Whoever you gifted the worst date ever
Dear $Subject,

The date we shared was worse than bad
It was the worst I've ever had
An angry slap's too good for you
So have this flaming bag of poo

And once you "stomp it out" it turns into a pile of brown stinking mush. Wonderful!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#9664 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 4:06 AM
Plantsims can have babies the normal way :o Grow plantbaby is only an extra option! This changes everything. No need for ruined, diluted genes.

(No reply for 3 weeks? Have people grown tired of ts2?)

Mad Poster
#9665 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 4:30 AM
Plantbabies don't have "diluted" genes any more than alien abduction babies do, it works the same way. If you don't want them to all have the same father, that's what multi-ideal-plantim hacks are for.
Top Secret Researcher
#9666 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 5:06 AM
Nah, I prefer to choose who the father is. Don't often play with aliens either. That way they get traits from the exact gene pool I choose!
Diluted as in having genes I didn't choose.

Mad Poster
#9667 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 5:16 AM
Well, I mean, you can choose, by modding your ideal plantsim and choosing when you spawn a plantbaby.
Instructor
#9668 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 10:49 AM
I didn't exactly discover this by playing (I'm still without a computer that can handle the game ) but I just saw a close up in someone's sims story of the drink Grim offers dying platinum sims. It isn't just a plain glass with a parasol on, some crazy person actually took the time to decorate the actual glass in the BV tacky-tiki-style! The glass that you see for I don't know how many seconds, while there's lots of other things going on - it was still deemed important enough to get its own unique texture.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9669 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
It isn't just a plain glass with a parasol on, some crazy person actually took the time to decorate the actual glass in the BV tacky-tiki-style! The glass that you see for I don't know how many seconds, while there's lots of other things going on - it was still deemed important enough to get its own unique texture.

It's the Mai-Tai of death!
Lab Assistant
#9670 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 5:47 PM
Weird and oddly specific, but I noticed that "The Television Television" TV that came with Teen Style Stuff has a name label when you mouse over it in Live Mode the same way a sim or gravestone/urn does. I haven't noticed any other object that does this.

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9671 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 5:58 PM
There are some other items that do this; it can be solved by:
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
... the problem can be easily fixed opening the package with SimPE and editing the Object Data (Raw Data tab): locate field 0x002B ("Tooltip Name Type"), in section "Miscellaneous" and set it to ZERO.

See here:
https://modthesims.info/d/276270
Lab Assistant
#9672 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 6:02 PM
Interesting! Thank you! Every day I learn there is a fix for everything :P

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Mad Poster
#9673 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PacMani
Apparently there are no recorded memories of how that happened... who knows :D

Today I also discovered that this is a thing in the game:

================
I wish I could BUY a bag of poo...and other disgusting things.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9674 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
================
I wish I could BUY a bag of poo...and other disgusting things.

You can get one here:
https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4403.0
Mad Poster
#9675 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can get one here:
https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4403.0

How lovely! Roses, poetry, feces. Thanks...Urp

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 387 of 444