Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Public Beta] The Randomizer Mod - REWORKED!

by Lyralei Posted 16th Jun 2022 at 4:30 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2023 at 12:43 PM by Lyralei

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 188 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 10
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#26 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 11:04 PM
This mod isn't compatible with Battery's C script mod. I have puddings mods installed, Vampire enhancer, Witches, hospital and the genie mod, and the events aren't firing with these mods and randomizer. Maybe the core isn't compatible. Not sure, but just wanted to let users know.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
This mod isn't compatible with Battery's C script mod. I have puddings mods installed, Vampire enhancer, Witches, hospital and the genie mod, and the events aren't firing with these mods and randomizer. Maybe the core isn't compatible. Not sure, but just wanted to let users know.

That must be what's causing my freezing. I have the enhanced witches & vampires mods installed.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#28 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 12:20 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 19th Jun 2022 at 2:33 PM.
Regarding the issues with freezing and stuff, I've been investigating the issue with other mods.

The weird thing is, the mod is so standalone, that you could consider it to be an island in the mods world so the fact that it's conflicting is incredibly odd unless Script Util changes the XML reading process. This is initially what seems to be going wrong with Zoe's knitting mod here as well currently.

EDIT: So I decided to install all of these mods installed, try it in a new and not-so-new save and everything works fine. @Simsdestroyer , @Nieri So i'm confused :p

However, I don't think this is it, but do you have this installed? https://modthesims.info/d/667552/nr...d-exporter.html

Alternatively, is there any other mod that you've installed the same day as the randomizer mod? and if so, which one? Because none of the people who tested this mod or me have been able to recreate this issue.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nieri
I love the idea of this mod and can't wait to use it. I kept getting NRAAS Traveler errors when I installed the mod. I removed it (Traveler mod) and didn't get more errors. After that, though, my game would freeze after playing for a while and I'd have to shut down.

I do have quite a few mods in my game. Are there any mods that are incompatible with this one?

What exactly are the traveler errors you're seeing? All I can think of is that the disease mods are the problem. Otherwise, there isn't anything code-wise that's being transferred to other words (in fact, the mod itself re-applies itself after loading a new world).
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SecretX
Here is a FRENCH translation of your mod, merci

Also I have some questions in mind about the mod,

1/Will thoses events (like school or work) works even with Zerbu ultimate career installed ?
2/When randoms friends call for ask about tip like pets, dog or cat, are thoses events will happens really for them??

Oh! Sorry @SecretX , got a bit overwhelmed with debugging stuff, I totally missed your question!

First off, thanks for the french translation! Must have been one heck of a job, given the number of strings it has (the modules also come with STBL, I should probably make a separate pharagraph on this)..

1. I know it works with Sonja's Ultimate Career, which I believe is based or updated upon Zerbu's (please correct me if i'm wrong :p)
2. I decided to not go for that, but it has crossed my mind. That's actually because I do know people tend to add, with nraas, a certain population control. And me including that would then completely ignore this This in this case it's basically just a sim's thought and maybe nraas will listen to those thoughts
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
What exactly are the traveler errors you're seeing? All I can think of is that the disease mods are the problem. Otherwise, there isn't anything code-wise that's being transferred to other words (in fact, the mod itself re-applies itself after loading a new world).

When the game loaded, there would be a long Traveler error. (I'm sorry. I didn't even think to save the files.) Seems like after that, it would be okay, but I'd get an error once in a while.

I removed Vector when I downloaded this because I saw that it had illnesses built in. I am clearing my downloads of any mods I don't absolutely need because I really want this one to work for me.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 3:34 PM
Default I Loved This Very Large Mod!
Oh my god! I just loved your mod! It just add everything that was missing from this game in previous Sims series that we don't have in The Sims 3 for years, for example: Guinea Pig Disease and some of them are completery new to me. It looks like a very complete mod for The Sims 3!

Goodbye!
Forum Resident
#33 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 5:30 PM
Alternatively, is there any other mod that you've installed the same day as the randomizer mod? and if so, which one? Because none of the people who tested this mod or me have been able to recreate this issue.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have NRAAS Woohooer, Careers, MC, Register, Relativity, and Overwatch. I also have FloTheory's 9 death types, and Weight gain mod, Game Freak's Karma Powers, All the enhanced occult mods and Battery's Script package for them to work. Iccarus's scolding mod, Neuro blazer's random genetics, No auto answer phone, No auto smart phone tasks, and Xantak's occult mods.

I played for 3 sims days with randomizer and no scenarios fired, I was getting a lot of stuck sims, and Errortrap kept firing off.

I don't have the exporter mod installed in my game.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Alternatively, is there any other mod that you've installed the same day as the randomizer mod? and if so, which one? Because none of the people who tested this mod or me have been able to recreate this issue.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have NRAAS Woohooer, Careers, MC, Register, Relativity, and Overwatch. I also have FloTheory's 9 death types, and Weight gain mod, Game Freak's Karma Powers, All the enhanced occult mods and Battery's Script package for them to work. Iccarus's scolding mod, Neuro blazer's random genetics, No auto answer phone, No auto smart phone tasks, and Xantak's occult mods.

I played for 3 sims days with randomizer and no scenarios fired, I was getting a lot of stuck sims, and Errortrap kept firing off.

I don't have the exporter mod installed in my game.

For things not firing, that may happen if you're either really unlucky (like, all sims are busy when the mod is telling them to do something.) or, say, you play with the friendship, relationship and diseases modules, that if your sim doesn't have any friends or relationships, it simply won't fire as often.

Now, in cases like that, what you can do is go to the "Editing the minimum and maximum time an event can trigger" part of the description if you're okay with the mod's files. and set them to, say, 5-10 hours (so 5 hours min, 10 hours max) and tweak them later on if they're just too many things happening at once.

Regarding the error trap, the only thing I can suggest if you believe it is the mod is to attach the XML file in your reply. Since it actually has error messages in there that are extremely helpful for me to see what is going wrong and if the randomizer mod is to blame. I'm assuming not, since all the errors I've had upon developing the mod have always been in a simple dialogue (so not the dark blue one with buttons, but simply the game's dialog box.) but it helps to check it out
Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 8:01 PM
Hello, this mod does not seem to play nicely with gamefreak130's Back to Nature LTW mod. When I install this mod, those custom LTWs do not appear in the game at all.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 8:18 PM
@Nieri , @Octomb , @Simsdestroyer , @Bergaroth , @CioffDogg Just released a version that should fix any crucial mod conflicts (even though it wasn't conflicting, but halting those mods to load because of a stupid mistake I made :p) So it should now work!

In this case, it's fine using your old saves for this, so no new save file needed
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 9:49 PM
I just got a long, narrow popup in the middle of the screen, with no way to get it to go away, so I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del and use the Task Manager to stop The Sims 3. I tried to take a screenshot of the popup, but it just came out black, so I can't show it to you. The words "Lyralei" and "Randomizer" were mentioned repeatedly, though. :-)

I see you've released a new version; I'll download that and see if that fixes things.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 10:09 PM
@Nieri , @Octomb , @Simsdestroyer , @Bergaroth , @CioffDogg Just released a version that should fix any crucial mod conflicts (even though it wasn't conflicting, but halting those mods to load because of a stupid mistake I made :p) So it should now work!

In this case, it's fine using your old saves for this, so no new save file needed

Thanks! I'm going to try it out now.

(By the way, I am really enjoying the "More Scenarios" mod. In all these years of playing Sims 3, I only got those challenges a few times.)
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 11:10 PM
Default So As I Loved Your Mod, I Translated Your Mod To Portuguese (Portugal)
I translated your biggest mod to Portuguese (Portugal) in some cases if you what to update your mod to add POR_PT language to the list of STBL Strings, OK?

Goodbye!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  The Randomizer - Strings - POR_PT.zip (505.8 KB, 9 downloads)
Description: Translation of The Randomizer mod to Portuguese (Portugal)
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 4:13 AM
Hello! I love the idea for the mod and I immediately installed it and booted up my save. However there was some weird things going on with my save and eventually it crashed at the first event. I do have a lot of mods so I'm unsure if there is anything interfering with it. However I didn't get any error pop ups from nraas like others have reported.

Some weird small things I noticed: I have the custom kama simatra books installed, and they were in my sims bookcase. They disappeared as soon as I installed the mod, and reappeared when I opened up the save without the mod. I also noticed my sim painting on a blank canvas the whole painting progress through, the full painting only showing when she finished. I don't know if this was just a coincidence since I did only test for one sim day before it crashed but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

Now for the crash itself. My sim couple were woohooing and just about to go watch the stars together when a woman runs into their home to declare her love for one of them. The confession interaction went fine, but when my couple sims turned back to each other. One of them changed into what I assume was outerwear that was completely different. Then when they sat outside to watch the stars, one of them teleported still in the sitting animation to about a meter away and facing a different direction (the same one whos clothes changed). Then the game froze and crashed.

Maybe my first event was just unlucky, and I'll try to play around with it some more later to see if similar things happen.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 6:54 AM
Default French Transltation For Updated Version
Here is a French Translation for your updated mod, included modules as well, and thanks for clarifications
Attached files:
File Type: zip  The Randomizer Mod FR UPDATED.zip (546.5 KB, 8 downloads)
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I just got a long, narrow popup in the middle of the screen, with no way to get it to go away, so I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del and use the Task Manager to stop The Sims 3. I tried to take a screenshot of the popup, but it just came out black, so I can't show it to you. The words "Lyralei" and "Randomizer" were mentioned repeatedly, though. :-)

I see you've released a new version; I'll download that and see if that fixes things.

Heya!

Usually I tend to press enter when I can't find the button that's the shortcut of closing that dialogue.

I am curious though what the error was. Usually the first 4 lines are redundant for me. Alternatively if nraas error trap also reported an error, then that's also fine to share!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#43 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PaintedParrot
Hello! I love the idea for the mod and I immediately installed it and booted up my save. However there was some weird things going on with my save and eventually it crashed at the first event. I do have a lot of mods so I'm unsure if there is anything interfering with it. However I didn't get any error pop ups from nraas like others have reported.

Some weird small things I noticed: I have the custom kama simatra books installed, and they were in my sims bookcase. They disappeared as soon as I installed the mod, and reappeared when I opened up the save without the mod. I also noticed my sim painting on a blank canvas the whole painting progress through, the full painting only showing when she finished. I don't know if this was just a coincidence since I did only test for one sim day before it crashed but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

Now for the crash itself. My sim couple were woohooing and just about to go watch the stars together when a woman runs into their home to declare her love for one of them. The confession interaction went fine, but when my couple sims turned back to each other. One of them changed into what I assume was outerwear that was completely different. Then when they sat outside to watch the stars, one of them teleported still in the sitting animation to about a meter away and facing a different direction (the same one whos clothes changed). Then the game froze and crashed.

Maybe my first event was just unlucky, and I'll try to play around with it some more later to see if similar things happen.

Hey! Was this by any chance before or after the new update? If before, it's probably a good idea to re-download it and see if that fixes it.

I'm assuming that this was probably the older update, because of your comment on things having disappeared and such. The update will fix this!

Regarding the last issue, beyond the confession, the Sim isn't being told anymore what to do by script, sothats quite a strange bug maaaybe it has to do again with the older version? Since I've never had this happen before myself.
Test Subject
#44 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 8:11 AM
I've had issues since the update that when something occurs it doesn't show what happened. My sim got a text that a rumor was spread and it didn't say what it was. Also it popped up and said that Lyralei/School Events/Homework services. I had the option of clicking of course! and Nah. It ended up being no homework for my sim child.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashleydevine
I've had issues since the update that when something occurs it doesn't show what happened. My sim got a text that a rumor was spread and it didn't say what it was. Also it popped up and said that Lyralei/School Events/Homework services. I had the option of clicking of course! and Nah. It ended up being no homework for my sim child.

I've noticed the rumors not showing up most of the time either in my playthroughs either. (although this was an issue before the newest updates) so I'm actively looking into this! it used to work through before I added all the translatable keys (which is what Lyralei/School Events/Homework services are in this case )

Thanks for the report though! so the dialogue text just showed " Lyralei/School Events/Homework services" but the 2 buttons did show text? just to make things easier on my end :p
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 1:46 PM
I removed the old version and installed the new version and it seemed to do the trick. That's good.

I noticed someone else mentioning the rumors. I haven't seen anything like that, either. I did get a few things for my Sim child (detention for something she didn't do). Once, a friend sent the Sim mom some books which was kind of a fun surprise.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nieri
I removed the old version and installed the new version and it seemed to do the trick. That's good.

I noticed someone else mentioning the rumors. I haven't seen anything like that, either. I did get a few things for my Sim child (detention for something she didn't do). Once, a friend sent the Sim mom some books which was kind of a fun surprise.

The Detention does actually happen, but it's actually the second that it's being notificied that the sim has detention, rather than how EA has done it (which is doing it after school). I wasn't successful to recreate it like that, but it's certainly on my "improvements to do" list!

Good to hear you liked the book thing! I had the same thing happen a lot when playing with VJ and Lisa (who lived together in my game) and her getting books from her mother
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 8:29 PM
I just downloaded this today, and when I was playing the game, this happened:
[IMG][/IMG]

If you can see the picture, this large text box appeared while I was playing, alongside the notification 'Oh no! Inukitsoq Sisamat has just spread the following rumour:' which was spammed three times for some reason. This happened again later on, with the exact same notification, spammed three times. I hope what I am saying makes sense.

I have a lot of mods, so it might just be a conflict but I don't know what it could be.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 2:29 AM Last edited by Nieri : 21st Jun 2022 at 3:04 AM.
I just encountered something weird. ? My Sim got a call from a friend. The friend said she and her partner had a big fight. A box popped up with (I think) 3 options. But the text was printed across the entire game screen and over the options, so I couldn't read what they were. (I just clicked one randomly and the friend said that wasn't a good idea. lol)

(editing this instead of making another post) Also got a notification - actually, about half a dozen of the same notification - that someone spread a rumor and my Sim got a phone call from a friend about it, but I never did find out what the rumor was. I'm very curious now. lol
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 4:42 AM
I've noticed the rumors not showing up most of the time either in my playthroughs either. (although this was an issue before the newest updates) so I'm actively looking into this! it used to work through before I added all the translatable keys (which is what Lyralei/School Events/Homework services are in this case )

Thanks for the report though! so the dialogue text just showed " Lyralei/School Events/Homework services" but the 2 buttons did show text? just to make things easier on my end :p

Yes the two choices did show text! You're welcome! Super excited about this mod!
Page 2 of 10