Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:17 AM
Default Scandinavian creations
I just wanted to check if people have made anything Scandinavian for their Simmies.
Myself I've been working on a project of making houses from all over the world, so I decided to make a little Swedish cottage based on "Emil i Lönneberget" and a Norwegian costal cottage. I've also made some furniture earlier that wasn't approved. My first real mesh ever Needed some tweaking on it's color.

Anyone else who's made something?

.. maybe I should do a Danish house soon? They can be really cute ^^
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 9:24 PM
Ah, what an awesome idea.

I've been thinking about making something Swedish (a house of some sort)... but I don't know yet.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 9:32 PM
You should Sometimes I feel, especially the pre-made houses, looks a bit too American. I like building Norwegian 90s houses and so, filled with ugly wooden furniture. Hehe. Just for the realism and fun. Also cottages and coastal houses.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 7:21 AM
I'm a Finn, and very proud of it, so when I started creating here I made some Finnish houses.....

The pics are awful, sorry for that, they are after all some of my very first uploads :P

You can find full threads under my uploads
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 2:39 PM
Gorgeous houses. I especially like the last pic.. It really reminds me of a neighborhood
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 11:04 PM
Forgot to add that I've made the Moomin house.

.. and here's a pic of my Swedish house:

Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:52 PM
Awesome work armiel & malfoya!
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _PR_
Awesome work armiel & malfoya!

Thank you
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 9:44 AM
Those are pretty And they are very like the houses in my neighborhood (IRL) - exept the moomin house, I haven't seen any moomin houses used for living :DD
Gosh, they feel so homelike :>

I've made finnish and icelandic houses for my game, but haven't got pictures of them.. and the icelandic one was half burned, thanks to my idiot sim who didn't guard the stove.. Fffff..
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faewillow
Those are pretty And they are very like the houses in my neighborhood (IRL) - exept the moomin house, I haven't seen any moomin houses used for living :DD
Gosh, they feel so homelike :>

I've made finnish and icelandic houses for my game, but haven't got pictures of them.. and the icelandic one was half burned, thanks to my idiot sim who didn't guard the stove.. Fffff..

Thank you! Haha, a moomin house could be practical in crowded places though. As it's pretty thin, but tall. There's plenty of room still.

I finally made a Norwegian home, for my middle class families.
http://www.modthesims.info/download...d=1#post3745486

Think I will do more Nordic homes. If I ever have time I'll think about making an Island, like where I grew up myself. With a mountain, a bif forest and a small neighbourhood with few community lots.. seems like too big of a project right now.
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:43 PM
Wonderful things you have made! I haven't created anything since
Sims 2. Felt that it's such a hassle to build a lot and then try to
chase down all the CC and find out about creator policies etc in order
to make a shoppinglist. Leave out certain items that are not allowed to
include etc etc. It really put a lid on my creativity

But...I'm working on getting back into it. I want to try to make more
Swedish/Scandinavian content.

Wouldn't it be nice with a joint project? My dream is to make a Scandinavian
world, with the typical feel. Wooded areas, lots of lakes and typical houses. :lovestruc

Suggestion: A thread where we can list Scandinavian CC.
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by swedsim
Wonderful things you have made! I haven't created anything since
Sims 2. Felt that it's such a hassle to build a lot and then try to
chase down all the CC and find out about creator policies etc in order
to make a shoppinglist. Leave out certain items that are not allowed to
include etc etc. It really put a lid on my creativity

But...I'm working on getting back into it. I want to try to make more
Swedish/Scandinavian content.

Wouldn't it be nice with a joint project? My dream is to make a Scandinavian
world, with the typical feel. Wooded areas, lots of lakes and typical houses. :lovestruc

Suggestion: A thread where we can list Scandinavian CC.

Love the idea! I don't know how to make worlds yet, but I'll definately help out with lots If someone just made this map then we could all contribute to the world: http://www.transitionsabroad.com/im...scandinavia.gif
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 5:48 PM
I hate the houses ingame, they dont look in the slightest european (or even that nice)! I would quite like to live in scandanavia, never been there but it seems nice. I personally come from England. I make a lot of houses like the ones on my street (theres many different styles of houses on my road, all semis and all built in the 30s) and i like building modern houses, beach houses and especially houses from Scandinavian countries. American houses are SO ugly compared to European ones. (and inefficient on space)

Just Call me Square!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 6:11 PM
Some really nice houses here, so why not resuscitate this thread?

Here some of my lots, some are kind of "retro" - as are many real neighborhoods!

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 12:42 PM
Kyria, lovely houses! I just fired up CAW again and hope it will act nice...trying
to create a world with Scandinavian feel. I was trying to make a hightmap using
real world map info...got it to work, but it only took a small area so wasn't able
to get the whole of Scandinavia. So I'm just settling for getting the right feel of the world.

I figured some mountains for Norway, a Swedish coastal area perhaps and just go from
there. My son is better at CAW so hopefully he will help me out a bit.

I'll keep checking in here from time to time...if anyone have tips of Scandinavian CC
please feel free to list it in this thread.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 11:46 PM
Thank you swedsim!
Your Scandinavian world sounds wonderful, and quite a challenge, I'm sure. I hope you will share pictures here?

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)