Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Postcards Galore! *UPD 05 Nov 2008*

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 20th Nov 2007 at 12:55 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 2:37 PM by leefish : fix broken images

198 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
#151 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:01 AM
WinRAR say
! MTS2_MaryLou__Numenor_665045_ML-NMN_Postcard_Beach.rar: CRC failed in ML-NMN_Postcard_Beach\ML-NMN_Postcard-Rack_Beach.package. The file is corrupt
! MTS2_MaryLou__Numenor_665045_ML-NMN_Postcard_Beach.rar: Unexpected end of archive

can you upload new please. sorry about my bad english

Sorry about my bad english!!!
Mad Poster
#152 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:44 PM
Try again later. The files are fine. Sometimes the server doesn't work.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 4:01 PM
Hi, having a promblem! Postcards are not showing up in my sim's inventory - both the buyer & seller have been on all holidays! Tried selling the all purpose postcards too but although the sim buys the postcard, it is not showing up! Is this being caused by Freetime? I also have the new Bathrooms & Kitchen pack! Please help as I would love to have these great new items in my game!
Field Researcher
#154 Old 9th May 2008 at 4:50 PM
Is the pinboard thing in the last screenshot included? That's perfect for what I think of as a place to put up postcards!
And thanks, too.
This is just a wonderful download!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#155 Old 10th May 2008 at 8:20 PM
The pinboard (we call it "showcase") is available as separate download, from the first post.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#156 Old 16th May 2008 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyD
Winrar say
! MTS2_MaryLou__Numenor_665045_ML-NMN_Postcard_Beach.rar: CRC failed in ML-NMN_Postcard_Beach\ML-NMN_Postcard-Rack_Beach.package. The file is corrupt
! MTS2_MaryLou__Numenor_665045_ML-NMN_Postcard_Beach.rar: Unexpected end of archive

can you upload new please. sorry about my bad english.

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Try again later. The files are fine. Sometimes the server doesn't work.

I have download now every day, but the message come every time.

Sorry about my bad english!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#157 Old 17th May 2008 at 10:11 AM
then you should change your download method: if you use a download manager, deactivate it; if you don't use a download manager, install one.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#158 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 3:20 PM
GRAZIE. No, a thousand times more thanking. XD

I can't believe what my University Souvenier Lot would be WITHOUT these postcards!

Um... Do you think you can do brochures? K, thx, bai!
Test Subject
#159 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 8:10 PM
Hiii it's so cool. But I have some problems I have all the expension packs so that's not the problem I think. Well I placed one of the racks in a residential lot but if I want to sell them I can't cause it always says that it's out of stock and you can also see that it's out of stock. But my sims still can browse throug it. I didn't understand annny of it so can you please help me?

BIGGG Kiss Amel

P.S: have a happy simming
Mad Poster
#160 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 1:48 PM
Numenor, I've started having problems now that I've installed FreeTime, K&B stuff and IKEA stuff. My Sims no longer seem to be able to buy the postcards! They can browse the stand when I tell them to but the "Buy" option never shows up. Its not because the racks are "sold out" either because its been non-owned community lots I've been visiting. The townies don't seem to be bothered about the racks anymore either.
I dunno if its important but I've only been trying this with a plantsim so far. She couldn't buy mountain postcards from a mountain community lot either.
Anything you/I can do?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#161 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 6:43 AM
I'm having the same problem as Menaceman.
Test Subject
#162 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 5:31 PM
I too am having the same problem as menaceman and tashfaun.
Instructor
#163 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:30 PM
Hi! Great idea Numenor, Thanks
I'm having this same issue too, Sims can "browse" but there's no option to "buy".

I've got all ep & sp's so maybe this?
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 10:27 AM
I love the postcards and have been using them for a quite a while, but now I'm also having the same problem as menaceman44. I also just recently installed FreeTime, K&B stuff, and Ikea stuff paks. All my Sims browse, but no one buys. I'm going to try reinstalling the postcards and see if that helps. I'll let you know how it goes.
Test Subject
#165 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 3:36 PM
These are great but I am also having problems buying. I seem to have more difficulty than others are because I can't even browse.

I clicked on the stand and directed my sim to browse but the instruction fell out of the queue. Since then I can't actually click on the racks at all.

I have all SPs and EPs up to Ikea and Freetime.

I hope this can be fixed because these really add to the game.
Test Subject
#166 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 7:14 AM
I have the same problem, sims can browse but not buy. I think the problem comes from IKEA. If i delete IKEA everything works fine, if I installed it again, hey problems nice to meet you again. I hope you can fix it, because I like the IKEA stuff. But if there is now way to fix it its time to say: bye bye IKEA.
Field Researcher
#167 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:42 AM
We'll try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 12:34 AM
Ok, I reinstalled the postcards and replaced all the stands afterwards, but it didn't make a difference. They still browse (they love,love, love to browse) but don't buy a thing. The buy option doesn't even come up. I have all the expansion and stuff paks up to AL (which I plan to purchase soon). Hope this information helps.

Thanks MaryLou and Numenor for all your hard work and creative talent. We know you have lives outside of Sims, but you take the time to make our simming experience so much more pleasureable! Good luck on de-bugging. :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#169 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 10:12 AM
Default Update
UPDATED 26 SEPT 2008: Now compatible with AL
>>> Please re-download <<<

All the 6 racks have been updated for Apartment Life. Please
redownload from the first post all the archives
(except the Showcase, that didn't need to be updated).
Redownloading is mandatory for all the AL users, but we suggest
to anyone to get the updated version.

This update doesn't add any new feature to the Postcard Racks:
it only restores the ability to buy the postcards when AL is installed.

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "Numenor" or "MaryLou".

Please visit our sites: www.marylousims2.it and www.numenor-moddings.com
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 6:25 PM
Thank you for the updated postcards. :-)
Test Subject
#171 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 12:16 AM
Just downloaded the postcards etc today and the postcards don't show up in the catalogue. I can buy the showcase, but I can't find the postcards anywhere! I've tried redownloading them, but it didn't help.
I have Uni, Nightlife, OFB, Seasons & the teen stuff pack, if that might be the problem!
Please let me know if you have any idea why (I've read the thread, but nothing helps)
Thanks
SophX

I don't need your attitude, I have one of my own!

:P Sophs :P
The ModFather
retired moderator
#172 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:54 AM
Is it the first time you download them or you already had them? I mean, the error is related to this new update only, as far as you know?
In the Residential catalog, they should appear in Misc / Misc; in the Community catalog, look under "Shopping".

Test Subject
#173 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:16 PM
It's the first time I've downloaded them. So, I'm not sure, it could be the new update, or it could be all of them!

I don't need your attitude, I have one of my own!

:P Sophs :P
Test Subject
#174 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 3:15 AM
These look amazing. i'm downloading right now i can't wait to try them in my game. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#175 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM
Can you send and get them, like in the mail or just give as a gift. Either way their both awesome.
Page 7 of 8