Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Postcards Galore! *UPD 05 Nov 2008*

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 20th Nov 2007 at 12:55 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 2:37 PM by leefish : fix broken images

198 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 8
The ModFather
retired moderator
#176 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 6:14 PM
the postcards can only be given "by hand", as a gift.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Mad Poster
#177 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 11:35 PM
Ok, so I have all EPs and SPs, and for some reason my sims can't buy the postcards. The option BUY comes up, and they go to the cashiers with their chosen postcard, but the postcards don't show up in their inventories. Any ideas why that's happening?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#178 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 12:41 AM
You're right, there's still a bug affecting games with Apartment Life: the racks don't identify correctly the EPs installed, when there's AL; and they think it's a simple base game, thus deactivating the "Add to inventory" function.

A fix is on its way Thank you very much for reporting!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#179 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 1:04 AM
Default Update
UPDATED 05 NOV 2008: BUGFIX
Fixed a bug affecting games including IKEA and/or Apartment Life
(the purchased postcards were not added to the sim's inventory)

>>> Please re-download <<<

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "Numenor" or "MaryLou".

Please visit our sites: www.marylousims2.it and www.numenor-moddings.com
Test Subject
#180 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 3:58 PM
thanx they are really cool, do you have 2 have bon voyorge?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#181 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 9:50 PM
You don't need any specific EP to use the postcards. It's true that the more EP you have, the more functions the postcard will have (see the "IN-GAME USAGE and GAME REQUIREMENTS" paragraph); but you don't need BV or OFB or anything in order to use them. They would work even in the bare base-game.

Forum Resident
#182 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 12:53 AM
These Rock!

Thank you.
Instructor
#183 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 3:28 AM
Thank You for the update, I'm so glad these are finally workin for me - Love them in my game!! Thank you Thank You Thank You xxx
The ModFather
retired moderator
#184 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:21 AM
NOTE: Missing attachments have been restored

Field Researcher
#185 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 6:11 PM
Awesome!!!!!! Thanks SO much for this!
Test Subject
#186 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 10:36 PM
Great! More clutter for the house. My Sims house is getting closer and closer to looking like a real domicile!

Note: It should be noted that Windows XP is an old, outdated operating system, Windows Vista (32 bit) is an old operating system, Windows Vista 64, while still fresh, is being replaced by Windows 7 at or around the same time as the release of The Sims 3.

With this in mind, zip files should be used as well as Rars for a up/download media as the alternative to Zips on this site, Q-Xpress, was last written for an old, outdated operating system with absolutely no consideration to the modern computer user, i.e. Vista. Besides that, Windows has never recognized and archiving platform other than Zip. So, if you have newer equipment but you don't have WinRAR (and I do, but I say this for the benefit of the many who do not), MTS2 is a Grand Window shopping experience but completely unavailable download source for The Sims.
#187 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 6:14 PM
::NAB:: !!!!!!!!!!

This is sure to be a must-have in my game!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Scholar
#188 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 6:21 PM
I like these! Everyone looks like they're having fun!
Forum Resident
#189 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:55 AM
Very cool! These will go nicely in my vacation tourist spots! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#190 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 9:23 PM
Wooooow!!! This is so unbelievably cool!!! What a FANTASTIC IDEA with so many amazing features!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:10 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for this. It is so amazing, and I can tell a lot of work went into it. The variety of postcards is breath-taking, and the little details like the blinking star on the Christmas stand is adorable. I love the fact that you gave us a bulletin board to put them on. This is a brilliant idea, I love it. Thanks so much!

I did find that if I tried to que up the actions to buy more than one, my sim wouldn't go to the cash register, and what she picked for the postcard disappeared. But as long as I do it one at a time, it works lovely! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#192 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:57 AM
this looks amazing!! I use Mog's mailing system ALOT & this is an added bonus that will make my Sims soo happy! Now when they attempt to keep up with the "Jones'es" (yes there is an actual Jones family in my game heehee) they can brag with proof when visiting exotic places!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#193 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 2:37 AM
Just what I need to make the bookshop I'm building more realistic! Thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:52 AM
You have two creators on your group that have your avatar togheter with em but they didng get online anymore?.......did you kill em?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#195 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:26 PM
I can't wait to use these.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#196 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 12:12 AM
This is great! I can finally create a welcome center for my neighborhoods! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#197 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 1:54 PM
thanks
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#198 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 3:14 AM
I'll late getting this, I really love this idea, I really miss both of you. thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#199 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 7:28 PM
Awesome. These will look great in any of my stores. Thank you
Page 8 of 8