Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval NPC Replacements: Mrs. Crumplebottom (Now in 3 Flavors)

by sunni9676 Posted 5th Apr 2010 at 5:01 AM

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 5:44 AM
Delightful! Thanks very much!
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 5:48 AM
This is amazing! Thank you!!

I read somewhere online that modifying Crumplebottom's files will break the game somehow. Does this replacement carry that risk?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naomijameston
This is amazing! Thank you!!

I read somewhere online that modifying Crumplebottom's files will break the game somehow. Does this replacement carry that risk?

I wouldn't think so, because this file isn't modifying any of her character files, just her appearance. You should never try to make Mrs Crumplebottom selectable, or teleport her to your house, or date her, or move her in-- the game treats her as an object, not a normal character. If you screw up her character files, which are stored in the Program Files folder rather than My Documents, you're sunk and you'll have to reinstall (or restore from a backup). The easiest way to avoid screwing up her character files is to only interact with her as the game intended, rather than using cheats (or hacked objects like teleporters) unwisely.

However, default replacements for meshes and textures should be fine; the files being modified aren't Mrs Crumplebottom's but a hair file, two accessory files (her knitting and her purse), and a clothing file. Those files aren't attached to Mrs Crumplebottom, she just references them. It's as safe as any other default replacement. If you're nervous, back up your Program Files/EA Games folder and your My Documents/EA Games folder before installing the defaults.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 7:56 AM
Naomijameston - I agree with Hat, these files do not actually modify the game programming or Crumplebottoms character behavior files, merely her appearance. But you should regularly back up your The Sims 2 folder just to be safe.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 9:33 AM
I really like the widow version! thanks

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 10:30 AM
Thanks,Thanks,Thanks! Love you for this work cause i really need some Replacements for my Medieval Neigborhood *hugs*

Hugs Piggi ^(°oo°)^

>> Piggi's Sims <<
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 10:55 AM
OMG, the nun is hilarious!!!

"Knowledge is knowing tomatoes are a fruit; wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad"
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:19 AM
Hilarious! I'm so tempted into downloading the nun one, for fun, even though I don't have a medieval nhood! Thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:49 AM
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 12:09 PM
This is great. Love the nun, thanks for sharing

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 2:53 PM
Brilliant! I love it - the knitting especially! I don't have a Medieval 'hood, but I'm sorely tempted to get me a Nun Crumplebottom anyway. I think every neighbourhood needs a Nun Crumplebottom.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 4:05 PM
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I swear you and Almighty Hat are in league with one another to turn players medieval. Every time I see one of either of your offerings I come that much closer to throwing up my hands and giving in, and I think that Sr. Crumplebottom may have just tipped me over. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 5:46 PM
What a wonderful idea!!! I especially love the 3rd one, Good Job!

My Profile at TSR--My Sims2 blog
An eternal cycle, falling and rising, rebirth and death. The hopeful and the greedy give rise to the city we observe.
We share its misfortune. We balance when the scales tip. But we do not grieve for the fallen.
- Keeper Annals, History of the City
Zombie Socks
#15 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 6:19 PM
This is hilarious! Thank you so much! :3

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 6:45 PM
I Love all 3! And you want me to choose?! Well, I think the one I find the funniest has to be the nun, so she'll be the evil purse wielding nun!

May I request that your recolors be uploaded as just that, recolors? They are fantastic, and my elderly sims never have enough different clothes!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 10:54 PM
The warts on the peasant face are priceless! Thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:35 PM
The nun version is my fave; ahahaha! This is awesome! Even though I have no plans for a medieval neighborhood... I find myself tempted.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 12:59 AM
The nun outfit suits her so well... Thanks
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 1:42 AM
Well, I think the nun outfit suits her best, she's always hitting my SelfSim with her purse, and a nun most likely frowns on gays. So that'll work! I love it!
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 2:35 AM
Is it wrong that I want CrumpleNun even though I DON'T play a medieval neighborhood?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 3:21 AM
ScienceNerd - The nun apparel isnt strictly medieval, its quite timeless. Nuns have been wearing the same basic apparel for centuries. So, I think she will fit in modern neighborhoods quite well actually.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 3:32 AM
The nun is perfect for any neighborhood, from medieval to modern. And it fits with her programmed attitude as much as being an old widow. Bravo!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 10:17 AM
Oh this is hilarious, especially the nun - thank you!
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 12:50 AM
Widow Agnes is amazing. The warts, the warts! I cower in terror!
Page 1 of 4