Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I love your Landgraab family, Gcg.

So do I! :-)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 2:31 PM
Thanks guys! They are one of my favorites to play now. If you would have told me that two generations back I would have laughed!

Can't wait to play them this rotation to see if the heir is born
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 4:32 PM

More family dinners, though it's not Sunday. Sharla feels a bit stir-crazy, so she embarks on a little project, one that needn't be constantly interrupted by Otto's needs. Dave is in school; Susana hasn't gotten another job since her unjust dishonorable discharge, David works nights, and Daddy's retired. Operation Reconciliation is on! Surely Dad can hear, when David talks about music, how much it means to him? Can't he see for himself that the sex-and-drugs part of the rock-and-roll lifestyle doesn't enter into anything?

Okay, now it's Sunday. Luz regales her granddaughter Guadalupe with stories of her own time in the rock-and-roll lifestyle while Luz's daughter Lourdes shows off her hula. Lourdes loves to hula while pregnant, and her husband Garret seems to appreciate the view.

Guadalupe has a lot of cousins, but William here is actually an uncle. The blonde girl, Summer Thyme, isn't an aunt yet, but she's engaged to William's half-brother Lisandro so it's only a matter of time.

William shows off his piano skills for his idolized half-brother, Lucas, who doesn't seem impressed.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#29 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 4:33 PM Last edited by ella_in_wonderland : 21st Aug 2012 at 7:45 PM. Reason: grammar mistakes..i'm a tightass yeugh
The Larsons are currently my favorite family. I like them because they're in no way perfect (unlike most of my boring families). When Kayla had just given birth to Lyndal, their daughter, she caught Stirling cheating on her with the maid. Of course, she freaked and now their relationship score is -97 for short term and -100 for long-term. They decided not to get divorced because of how young their children are, but they still really hate eachother.

This is a typical Larson breakfast. Stirling is smiling, which is rare. He's probably plotting his wife's murder, while Kayla stares blankly ahead like a barbie doll. Caleb and Lyndal are definately not oblivious to the constant tension between their parents; poor Caleb has been wetting the bed every night and crying about it (which is actually really sad to watch!) and I like to think it's because of the tension and stress in the household. Not to mention that he's constantly fighting with Lyndal. One of the only comforts in Caleb's life is his pet womrat, Bongo. Lyndal is also having a rough time, and spends most of it cuddling with her dad's old toy monkey, Monkey.

Stirling recently lost his job as a web designer, so on top of all the marriage problems, the Larsons are experiencing money problems too. He is searching for work and currently has his eye on a real estate agency that's constantly firing people. He'd better get a job soon though, as they're in debt by almost 20 000 simoleons (thanks to the mortgage shrubs from simbology). Kayla is working as a paralegal at the moment, so her hours are quite long, considering she has two young kids to look after. What makes it even worse for Kayla is that just before she found out that Stirling was cheating on her (the pig!) she had a miscarriage. I think she's using work to forget about it, and is becoming a bit of a workaholic. The kids' nanny, Kendall Lawson, spends more time with them than she does! The good thing is, despite being a nanny, Kendall actually does her job to an almost-satisfactory level. She is also fond of the kids, and likewise.

I'm still deciding what to do with them. We'll have to wait and see what happens to this sad family in the future...
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 10:28 AM

Cornelia, Bella and Cassandra Goth eat lunch together on their first day on Coral Island.

Instructor
#31 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 6:08 PM
Nina & Dina Caliente
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 2:03 AM

After moving into the shiny new Legacy home, Maddox sits down and teaches his son Roquefort how to talk. Estelle, Maddox's sister, runs by. She probably said something like 'sup fatty', and ran off. Their dad's in the background, checking out his dear pet Cowplant's enclosure.

Grzegorz plays with his daughter, Celina. It's kind of frustrating for him, since she keeps trying to shove the block into the wrong slot!

"BUY THIS FLOWER, BRO! IT'S ULTRA-CRAZY FABULOUS!"
"FABULOUSER THAN ME?"
"FABULOUSER THAN YOU!"
"OMG!!!!1!"

Ponsonby's salesmaking skills do not even spare his younger brother, Dewey.

Natalie cuddling illegitimate baby #3. She's also a few hours pregnant with illegitimate baby #4. If you're wondering how many other sims she woohooed...almost fifty.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 3:51 AM
A Ramirez family portrait

Mad Poster
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 8:18 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 4th Sep 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Lisandro Iana is graduating today. His half-brother William was born not long before he came to Sim State, and is a bit fish-out-of-water with all these grownups around.

So Lisandro takes care of that for him!

The LeStrange family - brothers Nemo, Grimnir, and Diff - on an empty lot before I merged two other cloned sets of Strangetowners with them and aged them all down.

Same family, with the addition of the Neugierigs and Beakers, during the wave of de-aging that passed through the abandoned warehouse where they will make their home.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#35 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 10:33 AM
Out of six kids and twelve other grandkids, Loyal is the only other Subject that's figured out that playing on the swingset summons her grandma Frieda from anywhere on the lot. Her grandpa Nervous used that very same tactic to monopolize Frieda's attention when they first met (not that she minded a bit).

Grimuara Subject plays the UFO-themed pinball game Election Day, while Frieda talks about what space travel is really like. Nervous watches them both; he may not like to play pinball or video games, but he does enjoy seeing how much fun those games bring to the ones he loves.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#36 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 4:50 PM
Yay! Aegaragropilon has access to her pictures again!

And I can get a few pictures out of my "Not Yet Posted" file, which I'm filling way too full lately.

Susana Casa helps out with her nephew Otto Iana. Her relationship to his family is complicated - she used to date his father Luis in high school (and they still periodically roll wants to fall in love with each other), she's married to his mother Sharla's brother David, and though her brother Emilio has been friends with Sharla forever Susana never has gotten close to her and by the way, Emilio and Sharla and for that matter David are about to have a huge falling out over his dating their little sister Theodora and then marrying somebody else. And David's parents consistently snub him, and her, and their kid. So, this is probably the best way for her spend a family visit. Stink cloud and all.

"Honey, that...that hairstyle..."
"I didn't want to go to college with high school hair, Dad! I saved my allowance for it. And I only went down the street, to that new place. Lily's House of Transformation." She knows she looks different, but surely it's not shocking enough to justify that strange look on Dad's face.
Kevin nearly chokes on the memory of the first time he ever saw Heather. "I'm not mad," he says. "But promise me - when you go to college, remember to think about other people's feelings before you just run in and do what you want. What you do affects everyone around you. It's so easy to hurt people."

Cinnamon Beare doesn't like her little sister Ursula much, but with Honey about to leave home she knows she can't leave all the baby minding to Edward. It never occurs to any of the kids in this family to expect Mom and Dad to carry the bulk of the child care - they're always exhausted during the hours the kids are home.

The former Heartbreak Heather's advice to her collegebound daughter is a little at odds with that her husband just gave her. "Okay, we'll be stopping at the clinic on the way in. It's an excellent one; pay attention. And remember - faint heart never won stout hero! This is your life's happiness we're talking about here, so don't be squeamish. Have you been practicing what I showed you with that cucumber?"
"Yes, Mom."
"What've you been showing her with cucumbers?" Kevin demands. But the cab arrives before she can answer.

Instructor
#37 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 5:29 PM
The Brussard Family

Unlike their in-laws, Stirling and Kayla, the Brussards are almost the perfect family. Saorise and Tyler have two boys, Andrew and Edward, who are now children and in private school. Tyler and Saorise both work at the Tailor Bay General Hospital, Tyler as a doctor and Saorise as a midwife. Saorise also sometimes goes over to the Tailor Bay Peadiatric Hospital, so pay is very good for both of them and they can afford to live a comfortable life. I'm tempted to have them try for a girl, but I think I'll leave that up to ACR. Their autonomy is 3, so it could likely happen. But if they have another boy...I'll be mad.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:19 PM
Gilbert Jacquet, Florence Delarosa, and their great kids Marie and William.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 1:24 AM
Louie Upsnott and his newborn daughter, Sparrow.

This is going to take some getting used to.
Screenshots

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 3:22 PM

Erik Swain, knowing his daughter Erika will soon be too old for dolls, plays them with her while he has a chance.

Sue Casa and her granddaughter Natasha share a giggle before family dinner. Natasha's uncles Emilio and Miguelito apparently came over to their brother's house in order to borrow his chess set.

The office portion of the abandoned office/warehouse is homework central, and Lukey, his own completed, stands over his sister Frieda till she finishes hers. Frieda and Grimnir there are the only ones who haven't been crying over their grades ever since they got home from school. I adjusted Frieda's grades in SimPE so the social worker wouldn't show up before she could walk to school, with the justification that with seven functional big brothers to teach her the three Rs she was prepped for elementary school. Everybody else started with an F and came home with a D or D-; except Grimnir, who started with a C+. No doubt that's why he put himself to bed before doing his own homework, even though he wasn't that sleepy, thinking C+ was good enough. Think again, buster!

Somehow, Lukey manages to look evil, even when commending Frieda for finishing her homework!

Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 7:08 AM

Tank Grunt teaching his son, Panzer, how to walk.

Or is that Pershing?

I don't know.

They look so much alike!

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 3:24 PM
A day in the Harris Hawkins Household:

Harris comes home from work and reads to his daughter Mary Ann.

His niece Dove suspects that Uncle Harris is feeding her a load of bull.

Little Swainson Hawkins zeroes in on Granny as a proper person from whom to demand attention, and his faith is not misplaced.

But Harris takes him to the crib when it's time for bed.
It's not that his wife Gabriella isn't involved with the children; it's just that she doesn't give such good photo op.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 5:34 PM
The Curious family: Lazlo, his wife Wiktoria, son Elroy and twin daughters Laura and Weronika

The Smith family: Johnny, Jenny and PT#9...

...Jill and her adopted brothers Zachariasz and Tomasz

The Nigmos family: Edgar, Antoni (adopted), Ophelia (pregnant with twins - Sam and Isabel) and Johnny

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
Friedrich Nietzche
In the middle of Nowhere
Scholar
#44 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 1:44 PM
Ruby Subject pushes her older son Grimnir on the swings.

Grimm came down to talk to his son through the bear -- "It's unbearably late, time to go to bed!" -- but decided he could stay up a little while longer.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#45 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 3:54 PM

Lisandro Iana plays with his brother's son, Otto. "Oh, yeah, you and me, mijo! Any time Mama and Papi get too rough with you, you just run right next door and Tio Lisandro'll fix you right up."

Tina Traveler attempts to cheer her dad up after Mom left to have another man's baby. With a dirty joke...Okay, so tact isn't her strong suit and it's not like she was going to learn about appropriate behavior from either of them.

Minnie Newson enjoys getting back into flattering dresses after her third and final baby, Athena, is born, but doesn't worry about getting baby spit up on them.

Kitty Hawkins puts her youngest granddaughter, Gozii, to bed in her parents' room. Now that her youngest is about ready to ship out for college, and she has her daughter and son-in-law to help her around the house, she can be a much bigger help to her nonresident daughters-in-law in raising more of her precious grandchildren. Not that she'd meddle, but young people today don't hardly know anything about bringing up children.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 9:25 PM
Contrary Family Portrait
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 3:52 AM

The Curious household witness Lazlo getting abducted by aliens. Uncle Vidcund is slightly jealous. Why does Lazlo get to be abducted? He has like, three kids already! He and Phil want a kid, too!

"Wow dad, it was so cool watching you get carried off into that alien spaceship! How do you feel?"
"Like I'm about to puke. I think your uncle Pascal had the same problem after he returned. I'm probably pregnant with an alien baby, then, so I guess that's normal."
"Awesome!"

"At least you're home safe, dear."
"Aw."
"Ugh...now I feel like I'm going to puke!"

Alarice brought her cousin Vermillion home from school, and I'm not sure why cousin Arwin is here. The chick in the top left isn't related. Uncle Vidcund glares at the teenage boy. Probably for stealing his swack.

Simblr.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 3:55 AM

As a contrast to the Drama Acres Travelers, we see here the hippy Travelers of Strangetown, camped out in their trailer on the side of the road where their car broke down. They work on it periodically, but it turns out the hardpan clay under the sand around here is great for pottery. Trent is thinking of setting up a roadside stand next to the trailer to sell things to the bourgoisie.

"Daddy, Daddy, I got an A+ That's the best grade you can get!"
"That's swell, honey, but you remember what grades really mean, don't you?"
"They aren't about what you learned, they're about what the teacher thinks you learned of what she wanted to teach! But she thinks I learned it all! And I did!"

Trisha is slinging hash in the Garden of Eatin' across the street, but she makes sure to check in with Tina when she comes home at night.

The Strangetown Travelers have done this every morning. The Drama Acres Travelers have never done it once.

Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 1:47 PM Last edited by Fivey : 24th Sep 2012 at 2:08 PM.

Uncle Buck details to his nephew on why it's important to focus on school, rather than flirt with girls. Especially Curious girls. Too curious for their own good.

"Snipe! You snuck out? What in Humble's name were you doing out at 3AM?"
"I-I was with Arwin..."
"Doing WHAT with Arwin?"
"Um...we found a litter of stray newborn kittens next to the Dusty Armadillo...and uh...I wanted to take them home...but...er...my boyfriend decided to kick the box they were living in... repeatedly...and I guess the restaurant owner got pissed at all the mewling or something..."
"...why was Arwin kicking a box of kittens?"
"I don't know...It's not his fault though! He wouldn't have kicked them if I didn't lead him back there in the first place!"
"Back there to do what?"
"...stuff...just...stuff..."
"Snipe!"

Jodie later gives birth to Bertha. Jodie needed to eat, so she handed the baby to Buzz, who was entralled.

Snipe also has a turn with the baby. She decided then and there that she wanted to have lots of babies. Lots and lots of babies.

Simblr.
Instructor
#50 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 10:21 AM
I love comparing sims to their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents, and seeing the similarities in their features. Genetics rock!!

I discovered that Andrew Brussard (son of Saorise and Tyler) looks almost identical to his grandfather Cyril Larson (father of Saorise). Minus the mouth. Andrew got his dad's mouth and eye colour.

I also found that Caleb Larson (son of Stirling and Kayla) looks very similar to his father Stirling, and well as his uncle Fabian, although Caleb's nose is a bit thinner than theirs.

Also Frances Larson, her daughter Bianca, her grandaughter Saorise and her great-grandaughter Lyndal all look quite similar. Lyndal also looks similar to the boys ^
Page 2 of 28