Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager V1.2 - SUBFOLDER SUPPORT

by Jibby Posted 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:56 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2019 at 12:57 AM by Jibby

170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 127 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 3:58 PM
Great tool!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IndiStyle
Was so excited to download this until I saw it wasn't available for Mac OS. I look forward to trying it in the future if you're able to make that happen otherwise, this looks incredible

Ah I'm sorry, I really would love to bring it to macOS one day!
Thank you though
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 4:27 PM
Hi everyone! I've created a video quickstart guide for anyone who isn't certain on how to use the application. Check it out here:

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 5:06 PM Last edited by SnowieSimmer : 25th Jun 2019 at 5:17 PM.
I've been waiting for some sort of mod organizer for TS4 for a while now, and this looks like a great option! I'll check it out ASAP, but wanted to note that I would really like to see a feature added that detects if mods are outdated too. Not sure how plausible this is, I know Mod Organizer 2 (for Skyrim and the like) bases it off of the available mod versions online, but maybe you could base it off of game version? Just a thought, thanks for your work on this!

Edit: Oh! It would also be handy if you had a section where we can view our LastException files in order of when they're generated, or at least open them from there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowieSimmer
I've been waiting for some sort of mod organizer for TS4 for a while now, and this looks like a great option! I'll check it out ASAP, but wanted to note that I would really like to see a feature added that detects if mods are outdated too. Not sure how plausible this is, I know Mod Organizer 2 (for Skyrim and the like) bases it off of the available mod versions online, but maybe you could base it off of game version? Just a thought, thanks for your work on this!

Edit: Oh! It would also be handy if you had a section where we can view our LastException files in order of when they're generated, or at least open them from there.

Hey! Thanks for bringing Mod Organiser 2 to my attention. I'm going to download this and see how it handles detecting mod updates.

And good idea with the LastExeption files! I'll definitely incorporate this.

Thanks for checking out the application! I hope you enjoy using it
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#31 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:13 PM
Nice bit of Visual Studio work. I like it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Nice bit of Visual Studio work. I like it.

Haha, you know it
Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 12:36 AM
Version 1.1 has been released!

VERSION 1.1 (26/06/19) - Calling Home
AUTOMATIC UPDATES!
An update to make updating easier huh? This is just a small update but it should hopefully help keep everyone on the latest version.
Automatic updates! The application will now tell you on launch if there is a new version available. This can be turned off in the settings.
Bugfix: Clicking load all will no longer crash the application when there is an identically named file already loaded (and vice versa, of course).
Bugfix: Window titles have proper names now.

Larger updates are coming soon. I'm currently working on an embedded file browser and setting up the groundwork for localisation down the line. A reader for log files is also being worked on. Hopefully the application will let you know when the next version is ready to download!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 2:51 PM
Very helpful. Love it!!!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 8:56 PM
so it's the same as when organizing the mods in the explorer? You just made it into a separate programme? It's not really necessary though as you can just do it in the explorer then. Without glitches.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue
so it's the same as when organizing the mods in the explorer? You just made it into a separate programme? It's not really necessary though as you can just do it in the explorer then. Without glitches.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The same can be said for any mod manager for any game. If you don't see yourself getting any use out of it, then keep using Explorer.
But multiple people have found this to be a helpful utility that makes organising mods easier and more convenient so I think you're in the minority with that view.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jibby
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The same can be said for any mod manager for any game. If you don't see yourself getting any use out of it, then keep using Explorer.
But multiple people have found this to be a helpful utility that makes organising mods easier and more convenient so I think you're in the minority with that view.

Not really. They show duplicates and broken mods.

I don't think I'm in the minority at all lol If it's only to move mods around you really do not need an extra programme.
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 1:13 AM
This is lovely, and seems like it'd be great especially for beginners! Maybe at some point you could offer the option to preview the CC so that people can clean out their folders a bit easier!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 3:30 AM
This is seriously SO impressive! I love that it is both useful AND user friendly. The UI is fantastic. LOVE LOVE LOVE
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Jibby : 27th Jun 2019 at 9:52 PM.
Not really. They show duplicates and broken mods.

I don't think I'm in the minority at all lol If it's only to move mods around you really do not need an extra programme.

If you say so. I'm still going to keep building the application though. And it's not like these features wont ever make it either (note the 'still in development' part).

And literally all of the feedback I've received both on this site and the wider internet has been incredibly positive and constructive. Read this comment section and you'll see that people are finding it to be helpful (which is incredibly humbling to read).
You're the only piece of negative feedback I've received, so yes for what it's worth I do think you're in the minority.

I'm totally fine with some people wanting to stick to explorer. Obviously I can't expect my application to appeal to literally everyone (well, I could but it would make me insanely big headed!). But coming in here and essentially telling me in a definitive manner that my program is irrelevant and useless is incredibly arrogant towards both myself and the people who do use it.

Unless you have some actual constructive feedback, I'm going to stop paying attention to your posts from this point on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niezyc
This is lovely, and seems like it'd be great especially for beginners! Maybe at some point you could offer the option to preview the CC so that people can clean out their folders a bit easier!

Hi there! You mean previewing the CC as in, showing the icons for any build/buy/CaS stuff in the package right? I've heard this from a couple of people now and it's absolutely something I'd like to implement. Before I can do so though, I need to examine how to extract this information from the file as it's not something I'm familiar with. I will do some research into it though so keep an eye out!

Quote: Originally posted by MikeJMW55
This is seriously SO impressive! I love that it is both useful AND user friendly. The UI is fantastic. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Thank you so much, especially on the UI comment! A pleasant looking and streamlined UI was one of my main priorities for this application. I built the first ever version with just standard Windows buttons and controls, but it looked super boring so I thought I'd give it a total revamp before release! (This is what it used to look like : https://i.imgur.com/rlOLX6O.png)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 5:34 PM
This is really great! Would be wonderful if UI had way knowing installation date of mods. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flex
This is really great! Would be wonderful if UI had way knowing installation date of mods. Thanks

Hi there! This shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I'll add it to the list
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#44 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 9:45 PM Last edited by AdonisPluto : 27th Jun 2019 at 10:22 PM.

I think this is a nasty thing to say. People spend time creating and making mods, and the lease you could have done was been appreciative. If everyone here has this same attitude oy yours then I don't think we all will be on this site trying to download stuffs.

Looking at the total downloads of the program, and having read the comments too, I beg to disagree with your comment. And if you are a gentle person, the least you can do now is to apologize.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:10 PM
This is hands down one of the BEST additions to Sims I have ever seen..and man, I use it a LOT now. It's been what a week??? My saves are improved, loading time is FASTER, and hey...look.... no kinky weirdness with my toddlers!
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 1:23 AM
Kinda worried i used this mod and used it correctly hardly any of my cc will load up ...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackButlerFanRini
Kinda worried i used this mod and used it correctly hardly any of my cc will load up ...

Hi there, sorry to hear that you're having issues. Don't worry though, I'm here to help! But I need a bit more info first.

Do you mean the CC isn't loading up in the game, or in the client?
Do you see all of your CC in either of the two panels when you start up the client?
And finally, are you certain that your mod folder path (adjustable in the settings menu) is pointing to the correct folder?

Once I understand the problem better, I should be able to offer a more detailed solution.

Please be aware that it's quite late where I am at the time of posting this, so depending on when you reply, I may be a little while getting back to you.
Thanks for your patience! I'm sure we'll be able to solve the problem
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 2:24 PM
This is pretty great thank you for working on this!
I see one of your midterm plans involves a directory browser from within the application but would you consider, for applicable filetypes, a package thumbnail viewer with that? I feel like it would make some things easier to sort and decide what to do with since filenames aren't always so accurate.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 11:16 PM Last edited by whxskers : 30th Jun 2019 at 12:42 AM.
This is a lovely little program! It took a couple minutes of messing around and looking at the video to figure out how to use it, but it basically simplifies the process of moving and organizing your CC in the Explorer tab. I think it's really neat! This is great for me because I like to download Custom Content, put it into a temporary folder to make sure it works, and then sort it out later into their proper folders once I decide I like it/it works. This just kinda moves that whole process to one (very clean and cute looking) window! I look forward to future updates and can't wait to watch it grow as a standard program for all CC users!

EDIT: Well, after messing with it a bit it doesn't seem to quite do what I expected it to do. I tried to move files from one library folder to a specific folder within the Mod folder, and rather than putting them into the right folders, the program just throws them directly into Mods. (i.e. I tried to put a shirt into Mods > Clothing but instead it just went into Mods). Is there a way to make it do that? If not, then I'll be putting this program on the back burner until such a functionality is added. Still, great little program! I'm sure plenty will find it useful, it just doesn't give me the same flexibility and freedom of manually moving things around.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whxskers
This is a lovely little program! It took a couple minutes of messing around and looking at the video to figure out how to use it, but it basically simplifies the process of moving and organizing your CC in the Explorer tab. I think it's really neat! This is great for me because I like to download Custom Content, put it into a temporary folder to make sure it works, and then sort it out later into their proper folders once I decide I like it/it works. This just kinda moves that whole process to one (very clean and cute looking) window! I look forward to future updates and can't wait to watch it grow as a standard program for all CC users!

EDIT: Well, after messing with it a bit it doesn't seem to quite do what I expected it to do. I tried to move files from one library folder to a specific folder within the Mod folder, and rather than putting them into the right folders, the program just throws them directly into Mods. (i.e. I tried to put a shirt into Mods > Clothing but instead it just went into Mods). Is there a way to make it do that? If not, then I'll be putting this program on the back burner until such a functionality is added. Still, great little program! I'm sure plenty will find it useful, it just doesn't give me the same flexibility and freedom of manually moving things around.

Hi there! First of all, thank you for the kind words about my app, it really means a lot!

As for moving mods into subfolders, this is an oversight that's bothered me as well. My planned solution is to make it so that double clicking on a subfolder will replace that list with its contents, allowing for mods to be transferred there instead. I want to get this rolled out ASAP (next update hopefully). I'll shoot you over a PM when it's been implemented

I'm also working on adding a fully fledged file manager to be embedded right in the program, but this probably wont be released for a little while.
Page 2 of 7