Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Sand Simolean Point' A Neighborhood Designed for Beach Lots

by Phaenoh Posted 21st Sep 2007 at 2:00 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2011 at 8:02 PM by Phaenoh

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:38 PM
Default 'Sand Simolean Point' A Neighborhood Designed for Beach Lots
Many thanks! I for a long time searched for a hood for downtown. I think, I can't find the neigborhood better than yours! Huge gratitude!
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:45 PM
I can imagine that this must of been painstakingly time consuming. Thank you for sharing, I shall use it straight away.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:47 PM
you done a great job...it looks great
I will have good use for it.

thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:48 PM
This will go great with BV -- thanks for making it!

Can one build houses with basements in this neighborhood, or is the area low-lying enough that basements would just fill with water?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 2:03 PM
Thanks, really good. I be the seconed person to donwload it,

More Power !!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 2:12 PM
Could you please upload the version with those lots?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 2:12 PM
I was looking for a hood like this one!! Thanks for sharing!!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 2:31 PM
wonderful! This is EXACTIALLY the type on N'hood ive been wanting, especially since BV! Thank you
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 2:37 PM
Wonderful hood! I'm downloading now and look forward to using it!
Alchemist
#11 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 3:00 PM
You really did a famous job and shared a marvellous neighborhood with us!
I´ll be looking out for your starters!!
Tons of thanks!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 3:04 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 21st Dec 2007 at 1:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Can one build houses with basements in this neighborhood, or is the area low-lying enough that basements would just fill with water?
I've got no idea there. Everything is really flat and this is my first neighborhood I've built. My first instinct would be to say no, but you can try it and report back. Though, not to many of these beach towns have houses with basements, can we write it off as realism?

Quote: Originally posted by Nelson340
Could you please upload the version with those lots?
No, I won't be uploading a version with the lots. The ones in red are from Pleasantview, so you don't need those ;-) The other two are already available in their own threads. The placement of the lots in the town was done rather quickly and haphazardly, there is no real right way of doing it, so once you collect all the ones I've used and place them as you like, you win. Glad to see you are interested in using it as I am though!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:09 PM
Ahh thank you! This is gonna be soo perfect for BV ^_______^
Again, thank you soo much!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:15 PM
Thanks for making this great neighbourhood! I've been searching for something like that for months! But I would have a question (only if you are totally bored and have nothing better to do): could you make the same neighbourhood but with only one beach and a little bit bigger? So, if you have other plans like doing another different looking beach neighbourhood, it would also be great, but doing the same should be less work! If you could do that, I would be very, very glad and thankful!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:25 PM
What do you mean by bigger? If they are any wider (or less wide) they no longer support beach lots. Sadly, I'm not totally bored, currently I'm frantically taking pictures of all the starter lots so I can upload them today. School started for me on Wednesday, so I'm trying to finish all my projects here before I have to abandon them for a while. I actually didn't have plans to do another neighborhood for a while, though I had another in mind, but it isn't much of a beach neighborhood. Terrains are hard to get just right if you need them for something specific. See my 'additional credits'.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:35 PM
Awsome neighbourhood!!! The one I presently have supports only two beach lots and i've been thinking on expanding, so this is just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing.
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:49 PM
You have no idea how happy this makes me! Thanks a million. I've been trying to build a beach neighborhood and have been really frustrated by the lack of shorefront space. YAY for you!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:22 PM
I've installed it and I love it, thank you!

I would love to know how you get the beach lots to actually run right down into the sea without BV, ie the old method you mention. Do you know anywhere I can find instructions?
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:34 PM
So, by asking for a bigger neighbourhood, I just meant more lots... But I can understand that you are occupied with other (or even 'better' - that's what teachers would say) things... So just thank you for this neighbourhood! It's great!!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:35 PM
I have BV installed but can't seem to get lots to plop down to cover the beach and water, am i doing something wrong, love this n'hood and want to move all my sims there, btw called it pleasant point (pun there somewhere) as it is a sun n'hood of pleasantview
Thanks and big thumbs up!
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:52 PM
Thank you. This is perfect. I truly wanted a beachfront neighborhood, but sorely lack the skills to do this. Thanks...downloading now!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:03 PM
No, sorry guys, but I'm not going to make another one, or make this one bigger. It took me the better (and worse) part of 5 evenings to get it all to work out right, I'm frustrated and done with it.

Saladoor, make sure you are using the special beach lots, regular lots won't go in water. Kinda sad you didn't keep the name I gave it, but its your game, so its alright I guess. I also am using it as a sub of Pleasantview. See above, I moved some of my trouble makers from Pleasantview out to the coast. Maybe the sea air will help them 'chill out'.
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:37 PM
I love you! lol Many Thanks!!!! it looks awesome im gonna go try it out now!
Scholar
#24 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 6:56 PM
Thank you Phaenoh, it will be a nice beach neighborhood to live in.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 8:18 PM
Thankyou for all your hard work, truly appreciated and well worth it!
Page 1 of 6