Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#12076 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I've noticed that some people, like Chris Hatch, can post SFS links to their own creations on the forums without submitting them to the main downloads section, and other people cannot. I just now downloaded a Chris Hatch hack on SFS linked by Chris Hatch on the forums that he posted back in January. It's still there, no moderator has removed it.

===
I remember how broken-hearted I was when I realized political crap was just as rampant at MTS as in the "real world"... there is no "safe place".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Theorist
#12077 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
political crap was just as rampant at MTS as in the "real world"

Are you saying reading the Overruling™ Rule® That Overrules All Rules And Other Stuff Too didn't make you realize it already?

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
  1. Obey staff at all times: If a moderator or administrator tells you something, then do it, whatever it may be. We do not try to be mean or heavy-handed here (just the opposite) but staff does have complete discretion to enforce the rules as written, and things that may come up beyond the rules.
(emphasis mine)
Alchemist
#12078 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 5:06 PM
Can we get an advanced warning if anyone's going to go through and delete Chris Hatch's links? He's posted a lot of really useful things, and since he's apparently gone inactive, they could be lost forever.
Field Researcher
#12079 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:17 PM
It would be cool if someone make decoration, sculptures, clutter,...related to Oceanography career for SIMS 2
Inventor
#12080 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 7:46 PM
^ Sandy made a set http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/objects/other_003.html , donation items here http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...r/oceanography/

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#12081 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 10:03 AM
The unclog toilets conversation in discovered-thread made me think of the big screen floor-standing TV. It can break, but the repair interaction is broken. Would be neat if someone figured out how to fix the interaction so it can be repaired when it breaks. I took a stab at it once but it was too complicated for me.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#12082 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
A soft/hard edge slider for the terrain paints. Someone found out their drawing tablet works with Sims 4 terrain paint. Naturally, I grabbed my drawing tablet to see if it worked with Sims 2, and it does, but not very well, because the terrain tools are so limited.

Also, hopefully it doesn't break the rules to say this, and sorry if it does, but I have a tumblr, and I'm willing to post links.

yes, I SO HATE how terrain paint works in ts2! The edges are just weird because of the click system, and it's so hard to make a natural looking path or terrain that I usually don't bother at all!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#12083 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 1:20 AM
One of my Sims kids is looking for bugs, and their face when they don't find one is heartbreaking. They look so sad! And it does seem to strike out a lot more than it succeed. I usually do most things in game at least once, but never even got close to collecting all bugs because meh. Would be neat if the chance was a little higher so I didn't have to watch them suffer as much

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12084 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
... Would be neat if someone figured out how to fix the interaction so it can be repaired when it breaks. I took a stab at it once but it was too complicated for me.

Is this the tv?
Mad Poster
#12085 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 9:21 PM
Nope That one the repair interaction works. The huge screen one, I wanna say 3 tiles? I think it came with FT or AL.

Field Researcher
#12086 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 10:41 PM
It's GiganTek Home Theatre Television (OBJD- name Television-Floor-Home-Theatre). It's Repair interaction is indeed broken no Pie Meny item Repair, incomplete SLOT-file.and CRES.
Forum Resident
#12087 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 8:38 AM
I think it would be neat if there was a mod to have that sims 4 feature where getting promoted will give you lil knick-knacks related to the career to put in your house. It would be pretty cute how your sims' house slowly gets more and more character as the businessman gets office supplies and the movie star gets posters of their films
Lab Assistant
#12088 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 11:33 AM
I would like a fix to some car windows, including the school bus and other NPC vehicles.
example:"
This is some official CC car I think and is done right

This car is included in the game and is missing windows from inside
Forum Resident
#12089 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I think it would be neat if there was a mod to have that sims 4 feature where getting promoted will give you lil knick-knacks related to the career to put in your house. It would be pretty cute how your sims' house slowly gets more and more character as the businessman gets office supplies and the movie star gets posters of their films

Like more career rewards?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Forum Resident
#12090 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Like more career rewards?

Kinda, more like something that's implied with Alexandra O'Mackey, where a sim brings home some small thing related to their career (like a themed lamp or wall deco) in their inventory, maybe upon promotion
Scholar
#12091 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 10:27 PM
I wish I could have the repairman come over every day like the maid.
Field Researcher
#12092 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 8:52 AM
I dont know if such thing exists. I want MAKEUP KIT as FUCNTIONAL OBJECT. That when you click on it you get option to change your look. It also would be cool if such object could be used from sims inventory.
Mad Poster
#12093 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I wish I could have the repairman come over every day like the maid.
Sounds like your households must be a bit of a disaster area! I've never exactly measured it, but I reckon my Sims call the repairman about once a fortnight or so. Which is still quite a lot compared to real life, but somehow manageable. Most of my Sims usually do plumbing repairs themselves, but call in a professional for anything electrical. This helps build up their mechanical skill, while keeping them safe from electrocution. One thing that does, I'm sure, make a big difference in my game is that I have Pescado's plumbing-lessbreaking. This doesn't stop plumbing breaking, but it happens much less often. I have a feeling that this mod may never have been updated for the later EPs. Maybe somebody would like to try it out and see if it works. It it does need updating, maybe one of the current crop of active modders (kestrellynn?, midgethetree?, simler 90?) might be interested. It's a small simple-looking mod, so I wouldn't think it would be too difficult, and IMHO, it makes the game a lot more enjoyable. It doesn't take long for the novelty of watching a Sim getting soaked while trying to mend a broken tap, to wear off!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#12094 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 1:08 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that mod.

Some of my bigger multifamily residences have a lot of bathrooms, and something always seems to be broken. Usually I'm doing something when I hear the toilet backed up sound and can't be bothered to have someone go plunge it right away, and then I forget which toilet it was. I also absolutely hate it when the sink is spewing water everywhere. Other times I just don't notice that something, like the dishwasher, is broken. So it would be nice to have a handyman stroll through these properties once a day and take care of anything that needs doing. Like a super.
Alchemist
#12095 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 5:51 PM
Christianlov had a mod that let you assign jobs to Sims, and they'd come over at a set time to garden/repair/clean etc. That might work for you, assuming it's compatible with AL.
Scholar
#12096 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Christianlov had a mod that let you assign jobs to Sims, and they'd come over at a set time to garden/repair/clean etc. That might work for you, assuming it's compatible with AL.

Thank you for this! While searching for this, I also found the Sim Control Tool, which is just the thing I didn't know I needed for my large households.
Scholar
#12097 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 1:35 AM
I'd like to see a hack that makes witch spells autonomous, just for laughs (likely not possible but hey, it's for laughs!). Could you imagine playing and then a random witch just Tabula Rasa'd your Sims memories away? Or you see a bunch of Sims being chased by bees or something
Alchemist
#12098 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 2:57 PM
Fyren5, that's the exact thing I hate about TS3!

There my sim was, minding her own business, a new sim to the hood out in town. I thought she'd meet people, check out the fortune teller, etc., you know? And then some fairy came over and just randomly decided to turn her into a toad. They had not met. They were not enemies. Just random toadification. After this happened a second time in a completely different save, that's when I decided fairies weren't allowed to be populated. Maybe I just need to find a mod, but definitely my current sims are not equipped to handle that kind of situation. And it's not like you can just pop over to the store and buy a cure. Oh no, you have to wait for it to be in stock. And who knows if my sim could even afford it!

So in TS2, sure, I probably wouldn't mind if the evil head witch occasionally made some townies act like chickens or whatever. But if she cast Tabula Rasa or Extractum Amorus on one of my playables, I'm not gonna lie, I'd be pretty pissed. Tabula Rasa in particular is irreversible, too, right?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12099 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Sounds like your households must be a bit of a disaster area! !

Ya'll are too nice. I have been know to use cheats to make things dirty, and broke. And give them roaches.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#12100 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 3:50 PM
No, we definitely don't want any witchcraft in our game!

General Buzz Grunt, Officer Commanding the military base in Strangetown agrees with me. He says, "Burn them!"

(Buzz thinks that Olive is a witch.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 484 of 580