Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#5951 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Don't kill her. It fullfills Dora's LTW.

I see we have our priorities straight. I am so proud of this community.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5952 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 6:13 AM
@CASnarl -I'd have the pregnancy ended with one of my Mods or a miscarriage tea and just set her to be unable to get pregnant again for a good while.What happened to you is exactly why I got Mods into my game or at least one of the biggest reasons after ont time of accidently clicking TFB instead of woohoo on a couple still struggling to recover after moving from a starter home to a bigger lot and build their dream home.
The chemistry system is another of my biggest peeves because in small communities it makes matching sims up well much harder than it should be and there's a Mod here to fix that issue up here to download.I've already downloaded it and intend to add it to my game to fix that major annoyance.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5953 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 11:58 AM
*simsample covers @AndrewGloria 's ears*
Instructor
#5954 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:02 PM
I didn't even realize that it'd fill Dora's ltw. I hadn't actually counted up the kids to have made that connection. That's great! She'll be first in the megahood, given I'm not even through one full rotation yet.

I'm not actually mad that she got pregnant again so soon. I thoroughly enjoy the challenge. I wouldn't want to stop her from having the baby or from (don't you dare Samantha) having even more babies immediately after.
She does want 10 kids, anyway. I sure don't, but she does. And we do what the simmies want 'round these parts. Even if it makes me want to scream
Mad Poster
#5955 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 4:31 PM
Ohh. I was wondering how the hell Dora had a LTW for Samantha to die. :O
Mad Poster
#5956 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 12:48 PM
Today's pet peeve is toddler clothes that don't have the toddler bodyshape, but look like a shrunken down adult bodyshape with a toddler head.
Forum Resident
#5957 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Today's pet peeve is toddler clothes that don't have the toddler bodyshape, but look like a shrunken down adult bodyshape with a toddler head.

I'm sorry, what

You can't just say that and not include a picture
Mad Poster
#5958 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 1:49 PM
I haven't seen that with toddlers, but I did once download a bunch of child outfits that were clearly just shrunken down adult outfits with the boobs removed. Very bootylicious. Also no attempt had been made to line up the waist with EAxis waists, so if you used them with anything other than the tops that went with them, there was a huge gap. I did my best to fix them, but the thighs are still a bit curvier than I really want.
Mad Poster
#5959 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:00 PM
I am literally laughing out loud now after having read that conversation about the Ottomai!
Perhaps I should play them again.
Mad Poster
#5960 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I'm sorry, what

You can't just say that and not include a picture

You asked for it. XD
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#5961 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 10:15 PM
You know, base game maxis builds may not be the absolute best, but for the most part they were functional, and most of them had at least some unique things about them. However.

How in the world did they manage to make every single window on the Capp manor face the wrong way. Like. Literally how was that possible. I can deal with whatever the hell is going on in the Summerdream house. I can deal with the winter winds blowing into the Monty ranch and its lack of proper living room. I can deal with all the english houses having two bedrooms only, and the stairs being thrown into the middle like mashed potatoes on a school cafeteria plate.

But how in the world do you place all the windows facing the wrong direction. Literally how did nobody notice it. How did nobody have the common sense to see this. How.

It's even worse because the house itself is arguably the best laid out in the hood, like, I've done renovations to those houses multiple times, but I've legit never changed the floorplan because it's perfect. And yet all the windows face the wrong way.

If it seems like this is petty then I'm sorry but you're objectively wrong and will be sent to bad fashion taste jail, not passing start and not collecting 2,000 simoleons. I may have ranted about this before so I'm sorry but this is genuinely something that bothers me so much I'm thinking of legit making a renovated template for myself.
Mad Poster
#5962 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 11:57 PM
How in the world did they manage to make every single window on the Capp manor face the wrong way?
I've spent many, many hours playing Capp Manor, and I've never noticed either! I suppose I've been too much involved with the stories of the Capps themselves to notice the windows. I imagine that, if I really was in the house, and found I couldn't open the window because the handle was on the outside, then I'd notice! (I presume, if the windows are the wrong way round, then the handles must be on the outside.)

I suppose an incompetent joiner/glazier may have fitted all the windows the wrong way round. In our real life new-build house an incompetent plumber connected the hot and cold pipes together so we couldn't get a hot shower. But Capp Manor is some 400 years old, and you'd think someone would notice in all that time. Of course today Capp Manor is a Grade 1 listed building; maybe that means it's now illegal to turn the windows the right way round.

Myself I think it was an incompetent virtual joiner/glazier at Maxis who fitted all the windows the wrong way round!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5963 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Of course today Capp Manor is a Grade 1 listed building; maybe that means it's now illegal to turn the windows the right way round.

This gives me an idea for my Pleasantview. Turn the Goth manor into a historical museum and renovations are not allowed because of the building's historical value.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#5964 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Of course today Capp Manor is a Grade 1 listed building; maybe that means it's now illegal to turn the windows the right way round.

I can believe that. I live in a listed building and the only windows we're allowed are old-fashioned wooden frames with single glazed panes. It's freezing in the winter!
Field Researcher
#5965 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 11:51 AM
"You know those custom foods you've spent five hours attempting to correct? Yeah, one of them is corrupt and I'm going to crash at launch until you figure out which one it is. Also, screw you, I'm never going to display them correctly."

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Theorist
#5966 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 2:29 PM
I mean the lots in Veronaville are generally crap on wheels anyway, especially if you try to expand them for growing families. Sometimes you gotta wonder what the developers thought when they designed them. The Capp Villa is also particularly annoying with that weird landscaping in the huge garden in front of the house.
Though for my old beginning of Pleasantview neighbourhood I did use a (very, very heavily remodelled) version of the Monty house as the "Landgraab Manor" (of course that was an empty downloaded version of the lot)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#5967 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@CASnarl -I'd have the pregnancy ended with one of my Mods or a miscarriage tea and just set her to be unable to get pregnant again for a good while.What happened to you is exactly why I got Mods into my game or at least one of the biggest reasons after ont time of accidently clicking TFB instead of woohoo on a couple still struggling to recover after moving from a starter home to a bigger lot and build their dream home.
The chemistry system is another of my biggest peeves because in small communities it makes matching sims up well much harder than it should be and there's a Mod here to fix that issue up here to download.I've already downloaded it and intend to add it to my game to fix that major annoyance.

==Can you tell me what that mod is called?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5968 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 3:18 PM
You know, base game maxis builds may not be the absolute best, but for the most part they were functional, and most of them had at least some unique things about them. However.

How in the world did they manage to make every single window on the Capp manor face the wrong way. Like. Literally how was that possible. I can deal with whatever the hell is going on in the Summerdream house. I can deal with the winter winds blowing into the Monty ranch and its lack of proper living room. I can deal with all the english houses having two bedrooms only, and the stairs being thrown into the middle like mashed potatoes on a school cafeteria plate.

=====
AND I've run into 6/6 windows that were white on one side, and they face different directions. So HALF are "wrong way".

Mad Poster
#5969 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
This gives me an idea for my Pleasantview. Turn the Goth manor into a historical museum and renovations are not allowed because of the building's historical value.

In America called Historical buildings, and you can get government money to refurbish (but lots of restrictions).
@# $&$( and how can I REPLY to multiple posts without double posting?

Scholar
#5970 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 5:32 PM
But how in the world do you place all the windows facing the wrong direction. Literally how did nobody notice it. How did nobody have the common sense to see this. How.

I swear Maxis windows are designed to hang inside out. I'm using the shuttered windows with a flowerbox in Crystal Springs, so it's really obvious when it's wrong, but it takes me FOREVER to get the things in right. I tried spinning the lot through 180 degrees, thinking maybe it assumed I was trying to place them from the inside, but the windows just turned around, too! I must have so many houses with inside-out windows in other hoods that I've never noticed because they don't have giveaway shutters.
Mad Poster
#5971 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
how can I REPLY to multiple posts without double posting?

Copy quote from reply, close it and open previous post to edit. Paste quote and write what you wanted to say.
Forum Resident
#5972 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 10:28 PM
Those shelves from OFB meant for shops. Why do they not match anything. Why couldn't they have given us some that look like they're from actual shops. Why do they have such random colours. Why are there not even matching counters. Also why are there only two maxis shelves that would fit an actual house.
Field Researcher
#5973 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 12:58 AM
Those shelves from OFB meant for shops. Why do they not match anything. Why couldn't they have given us some that look like they're from actual shops. Why do they have such random colours. Why are there not even matching counters.

There are some objects in the game that I never use and the OFB shelves are among them, they are so bizarre
I mean, most other objects are at least inspired by something from real life but these? what were they trying to achieve?
Mad Poster
#5974 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I swear Maxis windows are designed to hang inside out. I'm using the shuttered windows with a flowerbox in Crystal Springs, so it's really obvious when it's wrong, but it takes me FOREVER to get the things in right. I tried spinning the lot through 180 degrees, thinking maybe it assumed I was trying to place them from the inside, but the windows just turned around, too! I must have so many houses with inside-out windows in other hoods that I've never noticed because they don't have giveaway shutters.

===
One of my fav complaints: Maxis houses with the windows with panes (6 over 6?) where lots of the windows are backwards. ONE side (the inside) is white, and the other side is some wood color. Maybe that's because I have a mod that changed the color? But the windows look different on each side, besides the color

Forum Resident
#5975 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
One of my fav complaints: Maxis houses with the windows with panes (6 over 6?) where lots of the windows are backwards. ONE side (the inside) is white, and the other side is some wood color. Maybe that's because I have a mod that changed the color? But the windows look different on each side, besides the color

I don't think that's a mod, there are some windows from I think Seasons that have those swinging opened things on the outside and either yes or no flower boxes, those windows have a seperate blue-red-wood colour set for the outside and a seperate colour set for the inside, which matches the other seasons furniture.
Page 239 of 274