Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 11:42 PM
Default Castaway Stories cannot open at all in Windows 10
I keep getting this error message whenever I try to run CS: "This application is not compatible with the installed operating system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better." I tried running as administrator, running in compatibility mode, updating the Graphics Rules and Video Card files (backing up the originals of course), trying out every answer I could find online but it just won't work. (This doesn't make sense to me considering The Sims 2 installed through CD runs just fine, and that came out a few years before CS.) Am I out of luck?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by featherlullaby
I keep getting this error message whenever I try to run CS: "This application is not compatible with the installed operating system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better." I tried running as administrator, running in compatibility mode, updating the Graphics Rules and Video Card files (backing up the originals of course), trying out every answer I could find online but it just won't work. (This doesn't make sense to me considering The Sims 2 installed through CD runs just fine, and that came out a few years before CS.) Am I out of luck?

You may need a no-CD file, unfortunately.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/