Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 12:25 AM
First build in TS4. Help!
I'm taking a stab at building since I can't find what I'm looking for. I haven't built anything since maybe sims 2. I have these plans I found online but have no idea how to translate them to the game. Can anyone help?
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 4:08 AM
You're sure you want that staircase?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You're sure you want that staircase?

I'm OK with changing it.

I started and have a shell of a house but it is HUGE. I'm off on the scale. And then the roof looks funny.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 4:57 PM
Make the staircase first, make sure you can manage it. Then you put in the kitchen. It will give you the size of rooms.

Make sure sims can move around the furniture. Put up walls around the furniture placeholders and put windows and doors where you want them to be. Take a look at the result and judge the result. Can you make it look pretty?
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 4:59 PM
Default Taking a stab at this house floor plan
Quote: Originally posted by Smarahj
I'm taking a stab at building since I can't find what I'm looking for. I haven't built anything since maybe sims 2. I have these plans I found online but have no idea how to translate them to the game. Can anyone help?

hi, i myself use real house floor plans for building my homes on the sims 4! the easiest way to go about this is using the in game web browser by pressing "shift+F1" and finding the exact floor plan and then pin the page and use it that way. if that doesnt work then use your phone or tablet to look at the floor plan that way. I hope this helps??
dodgy builder
#6 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3_ironman3_rox
hi, i myself use real house floor plans for building my homes on the sims 4! the easiest way to go about this is using the in game web browser by pressing "shift+F1" and finding the exact floor plan and then pin the page and use it that way. if that doesnt work then use your phone or tablet to look at the floor plan that way. I hope this helps??

The problem is often you can't just use the floorplan as is. It needs to adapted to the game. Your sims has to use the objects and many objects seems like they only need 1 tile, really doesn't. The kitchen has to include some things and there might not be space compared to the drawing. Using RL floorplans can end up being a trap, but if you're prepared to do changes it might work out fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3_ironman3_rox

Thanks! I'll give this a try!
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
The problem is often you can't just use the floorplan as is. It needs to adapted to the game. Your sims has to use the objects and many objects seems like they only need 1 tile, really doesn't. The kitchen has to include some things and there might not be space compared to the drawing. Using RL floorplans can end up being a trap, but if you're prepared to do changes it might work out fine.

If you use a real life floor plan its up to you to be creative and build the way you want the house to look like. It's really not that hard to look at a actual floor plan and use your imagination to make it fit into the lot and make it into something unique. Just saying. I mean it is a good idea and I have been doing this since the sims 3 and 4 came out.