Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 10:47 PM Last edited by TurtleShroom : 8th Dec 2020 at 11:12 PM.
Default Extracting Custom Content from Sims (SIM File Extension)
Good evening, and Merry Christmas.

I have downloaded many Sims from the Exchange over the years, and sometimes, they come with amazing Custom Content that I keep. Other times, they come with corrupted Custom Content or unnecessarily large Custom Content (especially Skins) that I don't care about.

I want to extract some of these items and delete the Sims with bad content, but I am afraid that doing so would remove the stuff I want.

Is there some way to identify Custom Content, like Clothing, in a SIM file from the Saved Sims category? I know that CASP entries are Clothing, but I have no idea how to sort each one.

Thank you for any assistance you may render.

Merry Christmas,
-TURTLESHROOM

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 11:32 PM
If you downloaded them from the exchange and you still have the sims3packs on hand, I would suggest putting them through the multi-extracter and opening the resulting package files in S3PE to figure out which piece of cc is which. Then just rename and keep the ones you like and toss out the one you don’t.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
If you downloaded them from the exchange and you still have the sims3packs on hand, I would suggest putting them through the multi-extracter and opening the resulting package files in S3PE to figure out which piece of cc is which. Then just rename and keep the ones you like and toss out the one you don’t.

I have tried that. When I try to open the additional files in n the S3PE, it tells me the Packages are corrupted with "missing DBFP's",or things like that.

All of the CC is included in the SIM file itself, hence my problem.

-------

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I use Sims3PackCleaner to get rid of corrupted or unneeded CC crap.

That throws the baby out with the bathwater. I want to keep the good stuff, but it is embedded in the SIM file itself.

-------

Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#5 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 10:48 AM
As far as I know, it's impossible to do that as a SIM file is basically a package file, and  I don't think it's possible to unmerge package files. 
If there are pieces of content you want to keep, perhaps you could look at any THUMB resources and if it's a custom one it might include the name of the creator. Then you find it and download it separately.
Othwewise, it might be best to take in game screenshots of the cc you want, and post a WCIF. 
Then you can delete all the dodgy sim files and just redownload the cc you like.

Hope this helps