Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#3626 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 10:29 PM
"Thanks for throwing a waterfounain onto my porch."

Outing gifts are amazing with how odd they are.
Advertisement
Scholar
#3627 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 10:57 PM
"That doesn't work, Lisa . . . Oh wait, you're a Sim. Of course it works."

Lisa was supposed to be cleaning the bath, but somehow got turned around and was doing the cleaning action in the middle of the bathroom. The bath still got clean, though.
Theorist
#3628 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
"That doesn't work, Lisa . . . Oh wait, you're a Sim. Of course it works."

Lisa was supposed to be cleaning the bath, but somehow got turned around and was doing the cleaning action in the middle of the bathroom. The bath still got clean, though.

I wish cleaning was as easy in real life as it is in the sims. Just stir the toilet water with the toilet brush for a bit, and magically the whole toilet gets sparkly clean. That would be nice.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3629 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I wish cleaning was as easy in real life as it is in the sims.
The real mystery though is how do they get things so dirty in the first place? I mean, the toilets have green slime oozing down the outside...
Theorist
#3630 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The real mystery though is how do they get things so dirty in the first place? I mean, the toilets have green slime oozing down the outside...

True! It would be very unpleasant for strange slimes and spills to appear out of nowhere.

Mad Poster
#3631 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:43 AM
It is, of course, green and slimy because it is fungi, growing because of the water in the bathroom without windows
Mad Poster
#3632 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 11:25 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 29th Nov 2020 at 3:04 PM. Reason: typo

In my game so dirty can get only toilet where pregnant sim puked several times. So I am assuming this green and slimy is all what came out from stomach covered over the toilet.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3633 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 1:25 PM
Yeah, but do they puke on the cistern- why is that dirty? And how does Kaylynn get the cistern clean just by pulling a brush out of her butt and cleaning the bowl? It's magic, I tell you!
Forum Resident
#3634 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:21 PM
Maybe the toilet brush is really a magic wand. The witches better run.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#3635 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 5:12 PM
If I had a toilet like that IRL I would have it uninstalled and demolished.
Mad Poster
#3636 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 5:31 PM

I have four teen boys who share a bathroom and are responsible for maintaining it. This is NOT a mystery to me. What is a mystery is why my boys put up with it until I point it out.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3637 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
If I had a toilet like that IRL I would have it uninstalled and demolished.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I have four teen boys who share a bathroom and are responsible for maintaining it. This is NOT a mystery to me.

Well this is Don Lothario's bathroom, which might explain some of it...
Theorist
#3638 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 8:54 PM
I wonder, is some of the green stuff, particularly around the base of the toilet, supposed to be mold?

Mad Poster
#3639 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:29 AM
"Eli,why are you using that outdoor bathtub now in late fall?
I caught her trying to take a bath in their outdoor bathtub before I could get it packed away for the season as it was nearing winter and they forgot to pack somethings away.
Forum Resident
#3640 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:25 PM
Recently in my hood, Dina Goth passed away of disease and the Grim Reaper sat down to watch the TV for 24hrs. While this was happening, I was met with this:

Maid: All set - I'll be back first thing tomorrow!
Me: No you won't, she's dead.

Gardener: Your plants are in perfect condition!
Me: Thanks...I guess...

Game: Johnny Smith is no longer a family friend, you should talk to him more.
Me: I'm so sorry that she can't talk to you from beyond the grave! She's dead! Get a ouija board or something!

Burglar: Sneaks into view with music.
Me: Come on, give her a break! She's dead!

Top Secret Researcher
#3641 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 3:01 AM
"BOTH of em?"
-Me as Lena Ross threw up from morning sickness in the downstairs toilet, then immediately ran to the upstairs toilet to do the same.

"HOW these two have got to THIS age and acquired ZERO skills is BEYOND me."
-Playing the Goodies. What kind of elders don't have a single skill point between them?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#3642 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
"HOW these two have got to THIS age and acquired ZERO skills is BEYOND me."
-Playing the Goodies. What kind of elders don't have a single skill point between them?

Their minds aren't what they used to be.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3643 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 12:32 PM
I wonder, is some of the green stuff, particularly around the base of the toilet, supposed to be mold?
Knowing Don Lothario's habits, it could be anything... *shudder*
Mad Poster
#3644 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 1:54 AM
I wish cleaning was as easy in real life as it is in the sims. Just stir the toilet water with the toilet brush for a bit, and magically the whole toilet gets sparkly clean. That would be nice.

Besides, they never mop or sweep. And MOST HORRIBLE! They can conceive generations in one bed, and never change the sheets!! And I do wish they didn't wash every.single.dish...washing dishes when the sink is full works for ME!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#3645 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 7:05 PM
"I'm sick of your s**t, Gavin!"
Gavin Newson is either a total idiot or really doesn't trust Ginger. Two days in a row he refused to go to school because he "can't leave the little ones home alone" even though Ginger was RIGHT THERE. I hate that mechanic so much.
Though maybe he was right to distrust Ginger. She threw out Garrett's birthday cake before the poor kid had finished growing up all the way.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#3646 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 2:43 AM
"Oh, stop blubbing! You didn't want the job anyway!"

Leah Bates kept rolling the want to stay home from work. Guess what happened the third time she did that? But Leah, apparently, didn't see it coming. She leapt up and burst into tears, then spent the next several hours dropping whatever she was supposed to be doing to blubber noisily because she couldn't believe those nasty people would actually FIRE her from the job she never once showed up to. They were supposed to pay her to just stay home and play on the couch, right?

StrangeTownChick: It really annoys me, too, when the game decides Gavin is the one who should stay home with the toddlers. They made him Fortune and Ginger Family; it stands to reason she should do the parenting while he maintains his grades so he can hold down an evening job. I didn't have a problem with them in my most recent hood, though. I don't know if the game just happened to pick Ginger that time, or if it was because I had her set to Simlogical Flexischool and him to Private School.
Forum Resident
#3647 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
It really annoys me, too, when the game decides Gavin is the one who should stay home with the toddlers. They made him Fortune and Ginger Family; it stands to reason she should do the parenting while he maintains his grades so he can hold down an evening job

I'm thinking does Gavin have a higher NID than Ginger? If so, that could be how the game determines who stays home to look after the kids. Logically though, I would have Ginger stay home while Gavin attends school, as the latter is more finance driven and ambitious, whereas the former is more family-orientated. When the school bus shows up, just cancel Ginger's 'Go to School' action and make Gavin be the teen to go; that's how I'd do it.

As for what I've said while playing the game, lately it's been a lot of "Stop kicking my bin over! It's getting old!"

I don't know why, but my sims are getting a bunch of random people pinch their newspaper and kick the bin over. Beau had his younger brother Skipp, who he is BFFs with, pinch his newspaper; keep in mind, Skipp has 7 nice points, so he's far from nasty and he isn't angry with Beau at all. Jennifer Burb had Ophelia kick her bin over, when she doesn't even know Ophelia at all, and Ophelia is more on the nice side of the personality scale. All I can say is...

"Why are you doing this?! What did I do to deserve this?!"

Scholar
#3648 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
When the school bus shows up, just cancel Ginger's 'Go to School' action and make Gavin be the teen to go; that's how I'd do it.

It doesn't work. You have to wait until the bus has gone, then tell Gavin to walk to school. The game does sometimes pick Ginger to stay home, though, even without Flexischool, so I don't think it's the NID that determines it.
Mad Poster
#3649 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
As for what I've said while playing the game, lately it's been a lot of "Stop kicking my bin over! It's getting old!"

If your lot has room, build a small fenced enclosure, place the bin inside it, and lock the gate to allow "Household only". Brandi Broke's house comes with an area like that - I always take the flowering shrubs out and put the bin in there. This is a real sanity saver.
Mad Poster
#3650 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 4:58 AM
Teenagers and mean sims need to let their steam out somewhere. I did install neder's mod don'tMessWithMyTrash after one teenager started constantly kick over his own trashcan due to bad mood. Stealing newspaper is much less harmful and even helps to get rid of newspaper pile.
Page 146 of 168