Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 11:11 PM
Default What did you do with the Quadington University characters?
So I'll start this one. Is that okay?

I'm talking about this.

So...what didja do with these nice lovely Sims? .

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 12:08 PM
I'm so glad that someone created this thread. Lol.
I hope you will have fun with the Quadington University sims.

My favourite sims are TLC50x Dash07 (the alien nerd) and Melody Quadington (the daughter of two professors)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 3:48 PM
Well so far I have taken a few other Maxis Sims from the other colleges and zombified them. Shifting Paradymes, and the Soroity from La Fiesta Tech. Plus my other teens from my Megahood are moving in! (non zombified) When I'm done, my poor Megahood will have many zombies to play with. I may or may not cure them in the future lol

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Trainee Moderator
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzyBoo
Plus my other teens from my Megahood are moving in! (non zombified)

Lol. I hope your teen sims won't freak out if they see zombies wandering around and zombies appearing on every corner.... It can be terrifying for the newcomers but I think they will get used to it someday.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 9:38 PM
I do have a question...you said the NPCs and townies would be zombies. I'm not seeing any and yes, I downloaded the correct one. Is it because I at one point had the other three Maxis college Hoods attached?

Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 12:17 PM
@DizzyBoo If there are other universities attached, then your neighborhood already has the university NPCs - so that's why you don't see them wandering around. But the zombie dormies/NPCs are still in the neighborhood. If you move in some of the already existing NPCs, the newer ones from Quadington University will appear instead.

You could befriend some of the ugly NPCs, get into 'Natural Science' career and unlock the Cow Plant. Throw a party and invite all of the NPCs and let them eat the cake.
Or you could move them all in and then use the 'Find Own Place' option if you don't want to kill them off.

My Simblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 3:59 PM
Ok I may do teleport them and do fun stuff to kill them off. Or turn them into zombies myself I can do that by making them selectable then using the SimTransformer. Can't wait!

Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 9:30 PM
After reading on the download thread Jawusa's patient reply to all my Mac related questions about adding this subhood to Sedona I think I will add this as the Uni for all my teens to attend. It looks like great fun. Thanks to the HBG for all they do to create enjoyment for us!

I back-up the Sedona 'hood every which way till Sunday on the regular so if something messes up I can always revert to an earlier save and pick up my story from there.

Etiquette question though, for anyone to answer: I probably won't be ready to have my Sedona alien kids go to Uni for about another ten days or so. How long can a thread like this not get replies before it is no longer ok to resurrect it (ha, zombie university, resurrection, nm..) in order to update?

I probably won't have anything to post here for a while, but I know I eventually will. If the convo here has died down by then, will it be unwelcome to revive it?
If it would be considered rude to post here after so long I will confine my Quadington updates to my Simblr, like I already do with Sedona.

I would love to read updates from others and will check back on this thread.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Trainee Moderator
#9 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 7:00 AM
@blupest

It's OK if you resurrect threads like this. Many other threads of this type also get resurrected. So I don't think it should be a problem.
I can't wait to read your stories. I've been following your alien transformation of Sedona - and I love it!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:44 AM
Well, I'm off...I love the bazaar TLC whatever ... think I'll make him a special life-mate. I've never played zombies...do they ALL have that "special" personality? Some romances are already "set up" - but they still are randomly MEAN to each other? "Noooo, you're on a date to get happy, don't bitch-slap the guy! Oh THAT makes you HAPPY?"

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Trainee Moderator
#11 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
"Noooo, you're on a date to get happy, don't bitch-slap the guy! Oh THAT makes you HAPPY?"

LOL!

As for their personalities, all zombies actually have 0 neat, 4 outgoing, 3 active, 1 playful and 0 nice points. But you can change their personalities using a cheat /or a mod.
They won't have zombified personality then but it will be easier to play them. Their hygiene need will still decrease faster than normal sims though. That's how zombies are. Even if they have 10 neat points.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:25 PM
The Student Union is cool, with those holes in the upper story floor, where you can see furniture that "fell through"!
Some questions and comments:
I want the NPC relatives to become friends, even playable. (Were TLC's parents married? What's THEIR story?) But my Sims can't call NPC's, and some have no memories (people in their phone book) of meeting professors. I've looked to be sure I don't have the "no meet professors", or "no friends with NPC" mods, and I DON'T. Any ideas?
I "cured" TLC of zombieness at a college community lot, and it seemed to work, but he reverted to shuffling and groaning when he went to his (private) home. I'm wondering what will happen when he graduates. Also he changed for gray to GREEN! I assume he got this from his "alien" mother...?
As for changing their personalities, Knowledge sims (like TLC) will be changed to neat when they graduate --they should learn THAT in college! Those in a career that requires lots of body skills, will become ACTIVE. Those Romance sims who get paired up in college will become something ELSE when they graduate. But if they graduate as Romance --well I will see to it that they are miserable. Yes, personal bias here: sex-crazy is expected but controlled for teens, encouraged for EVERYONE in college, but if you don't outgrow it you deserve what you get!
Here's my favorite, TLC with a mask that suits him..

Then when he noticed all the OTHER guys were getting makeovers, he tried a bit of self-surgery

I can't wait to see him as "normal", or what his kids look like (I know, the surgery doesn't change his genetics). Think I will do this:
His mother, still in contact with the Hive, felt it necessary to import a proper wife "from the old country"- he will have no choice but will make the best of it. {I will be creating a very "different" mate for him when he graduates. "She has no human skills, and doesn't care. She has been raised to be a brood-mother, and taught all she will ever need to know" - as in, I will cheat. "Will (wife) be content in this new world? Will her husband stop telling her to make friends and throw parties? Will her children ever forgive her for not having time for them as toddlers, or forbidding them to make friends as kids?"

Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 5:17 PM
Grammapat, I like the pix and direction you are planning for that character. Looking forward to reading more.

I haven't had time yet to check out this town..trying to get my RL house ready for hosting family from abroad and its getting down to the wire. (not as much simming time as I thought I would have this weekend.)

I also want to know the answers to the comments grammapat has about calling NPC relatives and what happens if you cure any of the zombies.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 5:31 PM
I've played zombies before, and if you cure them they are like any other Sim, albeit with the same warped personality and stinkiness.

Trainee Moderator
#15 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I want the NPC relatives to become friends, even playable. (Were TLC's parents married? What's THEIR story?) But my Sims can't call NPC's, and some have no memories (people in their phone book) of meeting professors. I've looked to be sure I don't have the "no meet professors", or "no friends with NPC" mods, and I DON'T. Any ideas?
I "cured" TLC of zombieness at a college community lot, and it seemed to work, but he reverted to shuffling and groaning when he went to his (private) home. I'm wondering what will happen when he graduates. Also he changed for gray to GREEN! I assume he got this from his "alien" mother...?

TLC50x already knows his parents. So you should actually be able to call them if you have this mod installed. His parents weren't married when they had him. TLC50x got his surname from his mother; not from his father.
Once you befriend them, you should get the option to move them in and make them selectable. TLC50x (and Melody too) don't have any 'Met Sim' memories, because they know their parents since birth. And it would be strange if they had such memories. Especially if it's their mother. Melody's parents were married when they had her, though.
And any changes you make in a community lot will get deleted and revert to how it was before. If you want to cure zombism, you'll have to do this at home. He should have a green skintone, but if you have a default replacement mod installed, it may have another colour. Try curing him at home and see what happens. It doesn't matter whether he gets cured while he's a YA or is an adult.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 6:19 PM Last edited by grammapat : 15th Nov 2015 at 7:24 PM.
Thanks Jawusa, for the skin-change info. I DO have a default PT, but since the default skin color IS still in my download folder, Sims who were decendants of the original bluish-gray will STILL have that skin color, and the genes to pass it on. Problem is, when he got to his college house, the option to cure him was not available...
As for calling his parents, originally he was able to call them, but now NEITHER of them (mom is a professor, the father is the coach that makes students exercise (?!) show up in his panel, so he can't call them. Same with the other sim whose brother is a barista.

And even though I thought Sims COULD call NPCs (and they do it in other hoods), and I thought once a sim had talked to them they WOULD have them in their panel and COULD call them, UNLESS you had a mod that prevented it (no meet professors)

Trainee Moderator
#17 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 9:17 PM
Strange. Try downloading Cyjon's Call NPCs mod. Maybe it will work then. I believe his mod fixes this issue.

Oh and as for his skintone, it's bluish grey, because your default skin mod replaces the green alien skin. If you take it out, it will be green.

To make sure that he's a real zombie or not, you could look at this picture. Zombies have different profiles than normal sims.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 5:26 PM Last edited by grammapat : 19th Nov 2015 at 11:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
To make sure that he's a real zombie or not, you could look at this picture. Zombies have different profiles than normal sims.

Except that he did plastic surgery on himself (in the second pic you can sorta see how chinless and round his face is). So I'll never get his zombie face back, or his "real" face before he was a zombie. But there's gonna be babies..

So here he is meeting his "chosen one". I modeled her face after TLC's mother; HIS face has been modified by the "surgery" machine, so it will be interesting to see their children. He is now living with his pregnant "1st love" (an unhappy woman who will surely die soon); another girl just graduated college and is expecting to marry him, while his Chosen is still in college, learning "human" skills.
Aren't they just the cutest couple? {snort}

ALSO: I remodeled the "School of the Arts" (now called Department of Performing Arts and Crafts)

Trainee Moderator
#19 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 9:10 PM
Aww! They look so cute together. LOL!
You may need to use this tutorial (http://modthesims.info/t/494394) to make his new facial structure genetic.
Otherwise, his children will still have the old original face and not your modified one.

And I love how made-over the class building. It looks better with pottery tables and sewing machines.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 4:20 AM
VERY lovely couple..I can't wait to see kids.

I've been sidelined by houseguests, barely time for Sims until after Thanksgiving now. My kids are not going to meet these characters for quite a while.

Are there issues with the Sims calling their NPC parents? Or is this an issue specific to grammapat's set-up? I am so concerned with introducing any more bugs into my 'hood especially after contracting the "super-duper hug bug" from a downloaded lot.

Trainee Moderator
#21 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:30 AM
I have Cyjon's Call NPCs mod and I can call them without any issues.

But before installing that mod, I couldn't call the NPCs. But this is also true in EA's universities. So it's not only happening in Quadington University.
According to Cyjon, EA tried to 'fix' something in FreeTime but made it worse instead. That's why you can't call them. While we were creating Quadington University (then, we only had University EP installed), we could call the NPCs using the phone, without having Cyjon's mod installed.

So, if you have FreeTime installed, then I recommend installing this mod. It will fix that issue.
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
DESCRIPTION: Reverts a "fix" made in FreeTime that prevents sims from calling almost all NPCs.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 5:30 AM
So..due to what is apparently a Mac file size issue..painfully detailed in the help forum and in my Simblr..I probably can't add a whole other sub-hood to Sedona, keep it looking how I want and keep files to a manageable number.

I would have loved some of these characters in my Sedona. Especially that alien kid...TLC

I will still follow updates to this thread.

Trainee Moderator
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 7:04 AM
Oh no! That's bad news!

I love your Sedona updates and the stories of the Sedona twins. Your Sedona looks amazing... But wait, have you tried using Mootilda's LotCompressor? It can reduce the size of the lots, maybe you can play further then.
The file size of the neighborhood itself gets bigger and bigger as you play, and you said there's a file size limit and if you reach it, you can't play there anymore.
I'm sorry to say this but, the neighborhood will be too big for your Mac and won't be playable one day. Unless you switch to Windows, then you should be able to play further but I don't think you want to do this just for TS2, do you?

And just to let you know, you don't have to add Quadington University to your neighborhood if you can't. It's your game and you decide what to do with the Sedona characters.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 7:23 AM
Does that work for Macs? I'll go read about it tomorrow. Would really like to solve these issues and not have my game so restricted.
Sedona survives after re-installing twice in one day, but growing it too much more might be destabilizing.
Thanks for compliments on what I've done with Sedona. I pretty much made my blog for you guys who made Sedona to begin with but there are some others following it now.

Hopefully I can eventually send my Sedona kids to Quadington if some kind of file reducing method can work.
I'm still playing those kids, (the original Sims 2 versions and now starting Sims 3 alternate-timeline versions of them) and want the main town to survive as long as possible. My "downtown", Cobalt-3, is pretty much in ruins though

Trainee Moderator
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 6:47 PM
I don't know whether it works for Macs or not. I don't have a Mac, so I can't test it out and tell. You'll have to try it out.
Maybe you'll be able to add Quadington University then. We'll see.

If LotCompressor doesn't work for you, you could temporarily upload your neighborhood, I could download it and compress the size of your neighborhood and re-upload it again, so you can download it and play further.

My Simblr
Page 1 of 2