Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 6:41 PM
Default How to make nostrils sliders?
Please someone to explain me!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 6:44 PM
i read this http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Sliders however i dont know how to make for the nostrils sliders
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 7:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Sep 2019 at 7:49 PM.
The link doesn't work. This one does.

Have you checked if there's already a custom slider? https://sims-2-sliders.tumblr.com/

Sims don't really have nostrils in the mesh because it's mainly texture. To make the nostrils bigger with a slider you'd either have to make the wings of the nose larger, or the piece of skin between the nostrils smaller, which also causes the nose itself to change. It may be easier to get a better result with a nose mask (makeup).

Sliders aren't a beginner project, so you may want to try making the makeup version first, or pretty much any other project involving meshing. The tutorial seems pretty straightforward for someone who is relatively comfortable using SimPE and Milkshape, but it's not geared toward beginners.

(Also, you may want to read the message Natboopsie left in your Help topic, here).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 3:13 AM
Where to find nosemask which this sim use http://www.prikachi.com/images.php?...43/9651943N.jpg
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 3:42 AM
I did what you told me about the nostrils, but my idea is that they should be issued upwards and not extended how to make them be issued upwards
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anonimous
I did what you told me about the nostrils, but my idea is that they should be issued upwards and not extended how to make them be issued upwards

This slider has nostril height. Did you try this? http://modthesims.info/d/593107/20-sliders.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 7:53 PM
But i want only the holes in the nose and move up
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 7:53 PM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 8:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Sep 2019 at 8:53 PM.
There aren't holes in the TS2 noses. The dark spots are just texture, and there's nothing you can make nostril holes out of in the mesh because the nose is made very simple. Using any of the existing geometry would result in a very strange nose.

Picture below:
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 7:21 AM
http://www.prikachi.com/images.php?...63/9656763t.png Then how did they make him such big holes in the nose?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 8:28 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 8:31 AM
To note that this hole is not from the face mask or skin color, then how did they do it?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 5:21 PM
It's a very dark patch of texure in the skin. It looks like a hole because it's dark.
It's the same with nose masks (they're just makeup placed in the nose area, and there's no magic or voodoo involved).

The guy in your picture probably just has a skin or a nose mask with larger nostrils painted in. It may also be they did some tricks with lights and shadows when painting in those nostrils, or that there's some stretch in the texture. You can kind of see the same on the maxis skin below. The underside of the nose has some detail to make it look like the nostrils go inward a bit.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 6:10 AM
No,there is no nose mask and i changed the color of his skin but there are still such big holes in his nose, I even changed his gender and it's still the same,is it just not from the face template?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 8:57 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Sep 2019 at 9:28 AM.
Then the nose is most likely a part of the skin. A nose mask is just an overlay to the skin. I am pretty sure if you extracted the face texture from those skins you would find big texture nostrils.

The face I posted was female, but it has the exact same mesh structure as a male face, just with slightly more feminine features. There are no nostrils holes in any of the Sims face meshes (I have worked on enough TS2 face meshes to be 100 % sure of this), and you can't add any because it would most likely break most ingame face animations for those faces, and I'm not even sure if it is possible to make it work.

Nostrils are all in the texture.

Find a picture of a tunnel opening and study it. Can you see the hole? Probably. Does it go right through your computer? I bet it doesn't. Your brain has seen a lot of large black circles that turn out to be holes, so whenever you see a black circle under the right circumstances, your brain is wired to see a dark hole, even if it's just texture or a picture. Some light and shadow tricks around the hole helps trick the brain, too. If you have a look at sims' ears, the same trick is used there. The ear mesh is very simple and mostly flat, but your brain has seen enough ears to think the shadows and highlights form the shape of an ear, and that the dark spot goes further in than it does. It's just a trick of the texture, nothing else. Human brains and eyes are very easy to trick, as proved by visual illusions. A bit of shadow and highlights and a grey circle turns into a ball.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 10:50 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 27th Sep 2019 at 3:00 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 5575327, 5575328, 5575440, 5575451
I realized that it was just slid slightly this slider http://www.prikachi.com/images.php?...03/9657603S.png And so it looks like that

Nothing else

I have a question i have two mouth masks called lowerlippout and upperlippout and i want to make and for the top of the mouth my question is how do I get my lower mouth together with the top of the mouth so that they have the same volume here are the two pictures of the lower lip mask http://www.prikachi.com/images.php?...69/9657769S.png
how to gather lower lip mask and the top lip?

what i have to do to gather the lower lip mask with the top of the mouth how to make mask and for the top of the lips
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 7:12 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. You can copy/paste the alphas into one alpha texture, and the texture into one map if you want. It's not too difficult if you're using layers, which lets you use various methods of blending or erasing.

If you need a visual aid for making makeup, the best way is to either use an extracted face texture and/or a face UVmap as a guide.

Also, can you please use the edit button instead of replying to yourself? It's getting rather annoying.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 2:17 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 27th Sep 2019 at 2:59 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 5575710, 5575712, 5575713
Can u make a tutorial with pics how to make balls in the lips (mask) please? Step by step or at least without pics

or here to tell me how to make them step by step

Because it's my first time
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#19 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 3:02 PM
@anonimous You need to stop multi-posting. Make use of the edit button or you will no longer be allowed to post on the forum.

And since you are no longer asking how to make something, and your original question has been answered, but requesting someone to make you something (tutorial) I am locking this.
Locked thread