Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 11:06 PM
Homecrafter Distorts My Wall Design and Turns It Black
When I select the .bmp texture I created, it shows up completely wrong.
https://imgur.com/a/9S720oj

For reference, this is what it's SUPPOSED to look like:
https://imgur.com/a/qiqoy3M

If you can't take the heat, choose the water type starter.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 11:32 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Mar 2020 at 11:43 PM.
Are you using the proper size? The proper format? Which editing program are you using?

Gimp may have some problems with formats within a filetype, so you have to be careful how you save the files. I think the Bodyshop advice on "24 bits: R8 G8 B8" (in advanced options when you export a file) for BMP files should work in Homecrafter, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Are you using the proper size? The proper format? Which editing program are you using?

Gimp may have some problems with formats within a filetype, so you have to be careful how you save the files. I think the Bodyshop advice on "24 bits: R8 G8 B8" (in advanced options when you export a file) for BMP files should work in Homecrafter, too.

It's 256 x 512, in BMP format. I'm using Paint(dot)NET. An extra version of this wall I made with trim at the bottom works perfectly fine, so I don't know what the problem is...

Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 6:10 AM
Maybe try to remake the file. Sometimes files just get borked.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 3:22 PM
Maybe try to remake the file. Sometimes files just get borked.

I have, that didn't work. I even tried saving it with the same name as the one with the trim that did work, and that was unsuccessful.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 5:37 PM
Have you tried making a new file with a different name? (the name doesn't matter much - you can rename it afterward).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:04 AM
Have you tried making a new file with a different name? (the name doesn't matter much - you can rename it afterward).

Yes, I did.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 12:09 AM
Have you tried using another photo editor? Perhaps it's something with the way paint.net saves .bmp files Homecrafter doesn't like? I use Photoshop so I unfortunately don't have any suggestions, but you could also maybe try saving the wallpaper as a .png and then converting it to .bmp here? Then we will at least know if it's paint.net who's at fault or not :-)

Quote: Originally posted by bunnycute
An extra version of this wall I made with trim at the bottom works perfectly fine, so I don't know what the problem is...

Edit: oops, missed this part. Perhaps you could give my suggestions a try anyway?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
Have you tried using another photo editor? Perhaps it's something with the way paint.net saves .bmp files Homecrafter doesn't like? I use Photoshop so I unfortunately don't have any suggestions, but you could also maybe try saving the wallpaper as a .png and then converting it to .bmp here? Then we will at least know if it's paint.net who's at fault or not :-)

Edit: oops, missed this part. Perhaps you could give my suggestions a try anyway?

Nope, that didn't work either unfortunately.

Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 2:05 AM
Generally, problems with bmp are generally because the expected bits are different than the ones gimp exports as. Maybe try changing to a different one? You change the bits thing under the "advanced" + mark when exporting as a bmp. Like here, choose maybe 24 bits.

EDIT: Oh I misread your post, I thought you were using gimp. I'll check and see if I can figure out how it works in Paint.net

Here's the menu in paint.net