Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 1:21 AM
Default Buying Jewelry and Squinting
Is there anything out there that makes it a little easier to see what jewelry you're looking at, especially the miscellaneous jewelry?
I need a magnifying glass to even see where on the face the item appears, let alone tell if it is gold or silver.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 3:36 PM
Depends what kind of jewelry it is.

For regular accessories it's possible to add close-up custom thumbnails if you're dealing with items that are either small or out-of-frame (they have to be added to each recolor and it can be a tedious process), but I'm not sure if this works for jewelry. I've never tried, could be somewhat different steps, at least if anything is somehow based on ingame jewelry - if it's cloned from accessories and recategorized, then the regular method of adding thumbnails probably works as long as the thumbnails still show for the jewelry.

https://modthesims.info/t/194145
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 12:42 AM
Nope, not accessory jewelry, the stuff you buy on vacation.
Oh well if there isn't a mod/way there isn't. I just wish someone had seen that issue when the game was developed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 1:41 AM
Other than an UI mod (not sure if there is one) to make the whole buy screen larger, I doubt there's anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 11:19 PM
Thanks for trying. I guess I'll invest in a stronger magnifying glass.