Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:01 PM
Default Weddings for inactives Mod
Hi guys,
I'm working on a mod to be able to "organize" weddings for sims outside of our active household. It's a basic "tell to" interaction that I called "Say Yes!", available as a friendly interaction on engaged sims. It's for base game, it doesn't use the wedding arch nor the wedding cake. What it does for now :

- Your sim tells the inactive sim to say yes, if the partner is on the lot they exchange the rings, become married, get moodlets and people in the same room react to the wedding.
- My problem is that the "Watch wedding interaction" loops forever, until sims are tired and want to do another interaction.

Here is the code I use:

As you can see, there is no duration. So I'm trying to manually stop the "Watch wedding interaction" with an immediate interaction called "Hurray for the newlyweds". I want it to stop the "Watch wedding interaction" and all other interactions in the sim's interaction queue and play the animation Throw Rice. It doesn't work for now, but if someone knows how I could do this differently I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you for your help
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 3:08 PM
Sounds like you didn't give it an 'exit' yet

So, interactions that have an infinite loop (Unless they get tired, etc) usually need a defined reason for exiting. I put a somewhat extended explanation for how to tackle this here: https://modthesims.info/showthread....016#post5696016

I'm not sure how the entire projects exactly links together, but I'd keep the 'Cake' or the 'Celebrate' interaction as a reference to help out on even prioritized and callback interactions  (Callbacks are defeinetally something you'd want to look at when it comes to giving an interaction a reason to 'end', see the 'Celebrate' > 'StartWitnessInteraction()' function (and see how the startinteraction travels it's way to the 'EndWatchingCallback()' function )

Hope this helps a little!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 3:51 PM
Thank you very much Lyralei, I think this is exactly what I need!