Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 12:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default InTeenimater Teens Not Getting Pregnant
I currently have InTeen installed in my game, however, whenever I attempt to get a teen sim pregnant (the whole reason I got the mod in the first place) there isn't an option to try for a baby. When I attempt to get them pregnant via Midge the Tree's Reproductive Capabilities Configurer, I hear the chimes and it temporarily says that they are pregnant for a few in-game minutes before the pregnancy terminates itself and they aren't pregnant anymore. I have the No Adult Teens flavour pak because I didn't like how teen sims didn't go to school anymore, so could this be why they can't get pregnant? That doesn't make sense to me though because it's a flavour pak and it should be inherent to the mod that teens can get pregnant. Would anyone know why this might be happening? PS: Sorry if the answer to this is easily found, I couldn't find anything related to my problem
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 1:20 AM Last edited by HobbesED : 12th Jan 2021 at 5:06 AM.
It shouldn't be the NoAdultTeens FlavorPak causing the problem since I have that enabled in my game as well.

Are you using the SilentPregnancy FlavorPak as well? I believe InTeen removes the "Try For Baby" option by combining it with WooHoo so that it isn't a separate option if you are also using the SilentPregnancy FlavorPak. The only way to control the chances of conception would then be InTeen's birth control, otherwise any WooHoo has a chance of causing pregnancy.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
It shouldn't be the NoAdultTeens FlavorPak causing the problem since I have that enabled in my game as well.

Are you using the SilentPregnancy FlavorPak as well? I believe InTeen removes the "Try For Baby" option by combining it with WooHoo so that it isn't a separate option if you are also using the SilentPregnancy FlavorPak. The only way to control the chances of conception would then be InTeen's birth control, otherwise any WooHoo has a chance of causing pregnancy.

I just checked and I don't have the SilentPregnancy FavorPak, so I'm still not sure what it could be. Maybe I installed the mod incorrectly?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 2:57 AM
Just a little update: I managed to get a teen sim pregnant through the Sim Blender which will work for now however I'm not sure if InTeenimater is working yet. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 4:27 AM
Have you run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility? Perhaps you have a conflict between some other mod and InTeen. There are normal conflicts between InTeen and its FlavorPaks as they both may change the same code and those are okay. However since InTeen changes so much it can conflict with a lot of other mods.

When InTeen makes a teen pregnant, the life stage and the number of days left in that stage temporarily change to adult for the teen. (Once they give birth, the life stage and days left return to normal for the teen.) If the teens have fewer than 3 days left in their teen stage, they may not get pregnant at least it seems that way in my playing. So do your teens have at least 4 days left before changing to adult?

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Scholar
#6 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 5:02 AM
If you've only installed Inteen quite recently, were the teens in question already teens when you added the mod? If they were, try spawning their biological clock (click on the teen, select Inteenimater, then My Biological Clock). Sometimes Inteen causes the game to read pre-existing Sims' ages incorrectly.

HobbesED - I know if you age a pregnant Sim up or down with the SimBlender, they lose the pregnancy, so it could well be that teens can't conceive too close to growing up. I've always avoided the risk once they get close to aging.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 4:05 AM
I had this problem and it was caused by another mod that modifies pregnancy (it turned out to be this one). Do you have any other mod that relates to pregnancy? If yes, this is quite probably the culprit. InTeenimater is infamous for its numerous conflicts with other mods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiyajadie
Just a little update: I managed to get a teen sim pregnant through the Sim Blender which will work for now however I'm not sure if InTeenimater is working yet. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Inteen clashes with a lot of things you would do better using smaller mods to achieve the same things. There is Woohoo teens and Wild Child for two other options.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Have you run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility? Perhaps you have a conflict between some other mod and InTeen. There are normal conflicts between InTeen and its FlavorPaks as they both may change the same code and those are okay. However since InTeen changes so much it can conflict with a lot of other mods.

When InTeen makes a teen pregnant, the life stage and the number of days left in that stage temporarily change to adult for the teen. (Once they give birth, the life stage and days left return to normal for the teen.) If the teens have fewer than 3 days left in their teen stage, they may not get pregnant at least it seems that way in my playing. So do your teens have at least 4 days left before changing to adult?

I've tried running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility but it won't work on my computer for some reason, possibly because my Downloads folder is so big lol. A mod conflict could definitely be the case but I don't know how to figure that out without HCDU unless I do the half and half method. When I got the sim pregnant with Sim Blender, it said she was an adult which I'm aware is a feature in InTeen but I can't remember how many days away from adulthood she was. I could check if need be and I can try with a sim who's just become a teen too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maladjusted
I had this problem and it was caused by another mod that modifies pregnancy (it turned out to be this one). Do you have any other mod that relates to pregnancy? If yes, this is quite probably the culprit. InTeenimater is infamous for its numerous conflicts with other mods.

I don't have the mod that you used but I do have a couple of pregnancy mods such as Midge the Tree's Reproductive Capabilities Configurer as I've mentioned before but the downloads page didn't state that it may conflict with InTeen that a lot of download pages do so I guessed it would've been safe. It's probably not the best to guess with InTeen lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Inteen clashes with a lot of things you would do better using smaller mods to achieve the same things. There is Woohoo teens and Wild Child for two other options.

I was thinking that I could just download Wild Child and keep Autonomous Casual Romance that I believe enables teen sims to woohoo which I already have but it's a shame because I was looking forward to the drama the Flavor Paks might have added to my game lol. I can always just do that if I'm fed up with having to manually get them pregnant with Sim Blender.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiyajadie
I've tried running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility but it won't work on my computer for some reason, possibly because my Downloads folder is so big lol. A mod conflict could definitely be the case but I don't know how to figure that out without HCDU unless I do the half and half method. When I got the sim pregnant with Sim Blender, it said she was an adult which I'm aware is a feature in InTeen but I can't remember how many days away from adulthood she was. I could check if need be and I can try with a sim who's just become a teen too.

If you have the Ultimate Collection, then HCDU won't run "as is" on it. There is a new UC version of HCDU you could try, however. If your Downloads folder is big (mine is more than 20 GB) it will take a while to run so be patient with it.

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Systemic Anomaly
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 4:07 PM
As another poster noted, InTeen is a HUGE mod and does far more than just teen woohoo. It should really be viewed as a mini-expansion as it alters MANY facets of the game and is designed to be seamlessly integrated with gameplay (rather than being pushed into a god-mode object like the SimBlender - which is excellent, btw). Dropping InTeen into a Downloads folder that is so full of content that it crashes HCDU is pure folly. You're apt to irreparably corrupt something that way. Don't do this. You really need to add InTeen to a clean game (no custom content) and gradually introduce other content back in small batches so you can quickly identify what conflicts. I realize that can be something of a time commitment so If that's not for you, you would be better off adding smaller mods to your game. ACR + WooHoo Teens is not a bad option for teen romance/woohoo if that's all you're after.

(FYI: Wild Child borrows heavily from InTeen, so you may find you have similar conflicts with that mod)