Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 8:55 PM
Default Sailor tops for male sims for the Sims 2
Hi! I was wondering where I can find some sailor-collar tops for male sims for my Sims 2 game. I don't mean the bodybuilder meshed ones. If anyone can help me out here, that'd be great, as I've been searching all over the net for these downloads. Thanks in advance! :lovestruc:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 4:26 AM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 9:11 PM
Thanks, but I was hoping for the ones for an adult male sim for the Sims 2 game. That's a good resource, though.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 1:07 AM
Do you have any pictures to help illustrate what you are looking for?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 5:47 AM
I figured you probably wanted adult males. The kids' ones were more a confirmation that was the neckline you wanted.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I figured you probably wanted adult males. The kids' ones were more a confirmation that was the neckline you wanted.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for the hint! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Do you have any pictures to help illustrate what you are looking for?

In answer to your question, Google has some pics with guys in sailor suits. Did you try looking them up? Hope this helps.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 3:52 AM
@Charity: I was looking for at least a working link to the sailor outfit for adult male Sims in the Sims 2. Are there also S3 to S2 conversions with working links to them? Thanks for your help in advance.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 4:53 AM
The only ones I could find were for Sims 4. You'd have to ask someone who does Sims 4 to 2 conversions if they would convert them for you. https://sims4downloads.net/studio-k...lor-costume-50/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 8:16 PM
The only ones I could find were for Sims 4. You'd have to ask someone who does Sims 4 to 2 conversions if they would convert them for you. https://sims4downloads.net/studio-k...lor-costume-50/

Well, I could... but, suppose they're unable to work with that project? I'm no good at converting it myself. I could use at least a mesh of what I'm looking for--for a regular male Sim, not the bodybuilder Sim. Also, I don't have a Tumblr account. Thanks in advance.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 11:08 PM
If anybody does convert those to TS2, I'd certainly be interested. I wouldn't mind a teen version too. I see they're separates, which I always like -- I like to mix and match.

In theory I suppose I could consider doing them myself. I suppose I'd need to buy TS4, but I'd only need base game? Unlike my old netbook, my new computer should have no difficulty running TS4. I wonder how easy it is to convert TS4 meshes to TS2. But really I'm only just beginning to mesh in TS2, and I really should try to master that before I start thinking about conversions. So I hope somebody else converts them before I get round to it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
If anybody does convert those to TS2, I'd certainly be interested. I wouldn't mind a teen version too. I see they're separates, which I always like -- I like to mix and match.

In theory I suppose I could consider doing them myself. I suppose I'd need to buy TS4, but I'd only need base game? Unlike my old netbook, my new computer should have no difficulty running TS4. I wonder how easy it is to convert TS4 meshes to TS2. But really I'm only just beginning to mesh in TS2, and I really should try to master that before I start thinking about conversions. So I hope somebody else converts them before I get round to it.

Maybe you could download a version of the Sims 4 base game. Hope this helps. Also, when you do convert those, I can't wait to see how they turn out!! :lovestruc: Thanks in advance!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 7:48 AM
I've just come across this outfit that I have in my game, but I'd forgotten about. It's by deditalsheep (dsb). There's also a white version of it. It's a full outfit, not a top. This is for teens, but I think it's available for adults too.

By the way, the hair is by Newsea.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 8:44 PM
I've just come across this outfit that I have in my game, but I'd forgotten about. It's by deditalsheep (dsb). There's also a white version of it. It's a full outfit, not a top. This is for teens, but I think it's available for adults too.

By the way, the hair is by Newsea.

Cool!! Where'd you find this! My Sims can definitely use it!! Is there a working link to it? Is there a top-only version of it? Thanks in advance!!! :lovestruc:
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 11:35 AM
The outfit pictured is at Dedital Sheep's website here. There are also variants of it with breeches that come to just below the knee here and here. There are female teen versions here, here and here. And Child versions here and here. (There are also additional Child versions with longer tops and trousers on the website -- if you click on the thumbnails on the right hand side you can see them.) Unfortunately there don't seem to be any adult versions -- I must have mis-remembered that.)

Sadly none of the download buttons are working for me today. They've always been working for me before when I've visited the site. Please try and see if they work for you. If they don't, I can share the outfit pictured above for you. Unfortunately it's the only one I've actually downloaded. I have a few other teenboy outfits from Dedital Sheep, and a lot of male hair.

I do hope the download buttons on Dedital Sheep start to work again, as it's one of my favourite Sims sites. It's on a Tongan country domain, but I think it's actually Japanese. I'll try reporting the problem, but I can only do that in English.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th May 2022 at 8:09 PM Last edited by SantaWithGuns : 6th May 2022 at 1:48 AM.
The outfit pictured is at Dedital Sheep's website here. There are also variants of it with breeches that come to just below the knee here and here. There are female teen versions here, here and here. And Child versions here and here. (There are also additional Child versions with longer tops and trousers on the website -- if you click on the thumbnails on the right hand side you can see them.) Unfortunately there don't seem to be any adult versions -- I must have mis-remembered that.)

Sadly none of the download buttons are working for me today. They've always been working for me before when I've visited the site. Please try and see if they work for you. If they don't, I can share the outfit pictured above for you. Unfortunately it's the only one I've actually downloaded. I have a few other teenboy outfits from Dedital Sheep, and a lot of male hair.

I do hope the download buttons on Dedital Sheep start to work again, as it's one of my favourite Sims sites. It's on a Tongan country domain, but I think it's actually Japanese. I'll try reporting the problem, but I can only do that in English.

Sorry for bumping the thread, but do you still have it? I don't wanna sound pesimistic but i think the download links are down for good, even if I use Wayback Machine.

*EDIT* Luckily somebody has uploaded Dedital Sheep's files.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/45953/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th May 2022 at 3:33 AM
I checked the link and saved it to my faves under Misc. Sims 2 stuff. Thanks for the link. One question, though: Are you sure it has the Sailor top I was looking for? Thanks in advance!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th May 2022 at 3:37 AM
Also, @AndrewGloria, separate tops with the sailor collars would be great! Thanks again in advance!
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th May 2022 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimBeatle1979
I checked the link and saved it to my faves under Misc. Sims 2 stuff. Thanks for the link. One question, though: Are you sure it has the Sailor top I was looking for? Thanks in advance!

It has the Sailor outfit (whole body) with its recolour. It's under the teenma04 folder in the teen-toddler zip file. Now I couldn't find a top version, which I'm also searching because while the outfit is good for me, i'm not too fond of the "gothic" boots.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 3:06 PM
Is anyone still searching for this? I found a full body version here https://katsurinssims.tumblr.com/po...ly-finished-for, but I don't like the pants so I'm separating the shirt out.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 11:11 PM
Is anyone still searching for this? I found a full body version here https://katsurinssims.tumblr.com/po...ly-finished-for, but I don't like the pants so I'm separating the shirt out.

@Charity: Did you do that? I was still looking for that shirt alone!!! Could you send me the link to the shirt itself in a reply? Thanks and you are amazing in advance!!! :lovestruc:
Mad Poster
#22 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 11:38 PM
Oh, please let us know when that's ready! My Sims will probably want to pair it up with some of your "stubby" shorts!

(Long trousers are so out of fashion in Veronaville!)

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 4:00 AM
@AndrewGloria: I agree 100%!! I can't wait to download that when it's finished! My Sims have been begging for it, too! :lovestruc: I want to pair that with some of the custom jeans!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 11:00 AM
Mesh is still fighting me at the moment, but should be no problem to do the recolours after that. If either of you really want a particular colour shirt from Katsurin's post then let me know which one it is as otherwise it might be on my list of 'colours I don't want, so won't bother converting'.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 8:42 PM
@Charity I like all the colors! I can't wait to see how the shirts turn out! Can you put the link to the finished product? Thanks so much in advance! :lovestruc:
Page 1 of 2