Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 5:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Transferring Old Disk Saves to Origin Ultimate Edition
I just got a new computer and I was hoping to get help on transferring my disk save files. Apparently I am doing something wrong.

The Sims 2 wiki says that all you have to do if you've never installed 'Store Edition' (which I haven't) is go into the saves folder in your documents and delete those neighborhood files and paste in yours. I did that and my saves still aren't showing up in the game. I'm turning on read and write in the folder properties settings. I'm not editing any of the files in the Program Files (x86) folders, I'm just pasting the files in the Sims 2 Ultimate Edition folder that pops up in your Documents folder after starting up the game for the first time. Is there some other trick I am missing?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 7:48 PM
If things aren't working, try replacing the full "Neighborhoods" folder with the backup files (or the contents/folders in it, anyway). Could be the "NeighborhoodManager" file isn't in on the move. If that doesn't work, try deleting the "NeighborhoodManager" file (it should regenerate).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 8:16 PM
I let UC create a new Sims 2 folder on forst loading to test it before adding my old files after backing the contents of the new folder up in another folder.I deleted everything except the neighborhoods folder and replaced those with the ones from my other game folder which gave me my old content though I had to start a new town up to play.All of the files in your old TS2 folder except the neighorhoods folder can transfer fine as long as you left the neighorhoods folder there when moving the other files to create a new folder for your new game setup with the old content and modifications to clothing.