Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 12:56 AM Last edited by Disil07 : 18th Jan 2021 at 3:49 AM. Reason: My problem is solved!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Default Replacements dont show up at thumbnail
I'm downloaded default object replacements for TS2. It does show up in the game, but not in thumbnail. I mean, the default replacements is working properly, but thumbnail still show the default from TS2, not from the default replacements I downloaded. Deleting cache and thumbnail folder doesn't work. Ctrl+right click at every thumbnail worked, but everytime I'm reboot the game they reset to the default TS2. Any suggestion to fix this?

Edit: Thank you simmer22 for helping me fix this problems!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 1:48 AM
Are you talking about hair/clothes in CAS? In that case, and just want to confirm, are you deleting the "CASThumbnails.package"? That's what regenerates them for me. I believe that it would be the same for Build Mode / Buy Mode

Call me Seth!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 1:57 AM
Yes I deleted all files in thumbnail folder on C:\Users\Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Thumbnails. But it still show the default object, not the replacement clothes and object.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Disil07
Yes I deleted all files in thumbnail folder on C:\Users\Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Thumbnails. But it still show the default object, not the replacement clothes and object.

Have you tried deleting "cigen.package" & "Groups.cache" as well?

Call me Seth!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 2:46 AM
Yes I delete all caches, as simswiki said. I dont know what happen in my games.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 5:51 AM
Which default replacement objects/clothes?
Can you post a couple links to the ones you're having issues with so we can check out if the same thing happens in other people's games?

Are the objects/clothes showing up fine in your game except for the thumbnails?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 7:03 AM
I downloaded default object replacement from this website: https://hafiseazale.livejournal.com/17245.html. For outfit, I get it from Sims 2 default database.

Yes the outfit and object works fine, but the thumbnail still show the classic TS2, not the replacements one.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 4:13 PM
Just in case you haven't tried it, go into CAS (you may need to have debug mode enabled before you enter CAS, which is triggered by opening the cheat console (CTRL + SHIFT + C) and typing "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true" into it, without the quotes. Then hold down SHIFT (or CTRL, forgot which one) and click on the thumbnail using the right click. This should refresh the thumbnails.

EDIT: Had re-read the post and realised you've already done this! Anyway, I would maybe try generating a new TS2 folder to see if that does anything. Rename your current folder in the documents to anything other than The Sims 2. I just add an underscore and a random letter to mine. Then load the game and let it generate a new one. Exit the game, place your downloads in and try deleting the thumbnails to see if that does anything. Long winded, but it's something I would try.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 5:13 PM
Have you tried to delete the individual Thumbnail files inside the Thumbnail folder, but not the actual folder? Could be when the game doesn't detect the folder it instead regenerates the folder and contents from the default setup (that's often what happens when there's a folder it can't find). If you delete just the files, the game might instead start remaking the files from scratch as needed.

Could be worth a try, at least.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried to delete the individual Thumbnail files inside the Thumbnail folder, but not the actual folder? Could be when the game doesn't detect the folder it instead regenerates the folder and contents from the default setup (that's often what happens when there's a folder it can't find). If you delete just the files, the game might instead start remaking the files from scratch as needed.

Ahhh you're awesome! Now the thumbnail show the actual item, not the default ones! Thank you so much for the helps! So what i actually did is delete the Thumbnails folder, not the .package items inside.