Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tomb of Ghost 080712

by christianlov Posted 20th Jun 2008 at 5:31 AM - Updated 18th Jul 2008 at 1:56 PM by christianlov

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:54 AM
thanks this works with AL, i have all of the ex packs, i dont have any of the stuff packs so its hard to find downloads that work but this one works great. by the way out of the 2220 downloads i got from here after i installed AL only about 20 of them worked so. so if any one knows of any compatible downloads please let me know thanks
Alchemist
#52 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 3:46 PM
OH, THANKS!!
I need it for make a movie!!
Test Subject
#53 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 1:48 PM
this mod is totally awe-awesomely-some, now I can spawn an army of ghosts...mwaaahahahahahahahaaaa
the 'assign' and 'huant' both work, except 'ghost worker' like I made Bob(who's dead off course) as a ghost worker and I have a lot of puddles and leftover,smelly food. But Bob just spawn, mop only ONE puddle, and disappear, leaving all other mess untouch
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 12:21 AM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 20th Feb 2010 at 5:27 AM.
Anyone have any luck with a Community lot?
Christianlov's "Tomb of Ghost" is doing some great stuff!
That ghost didn't even have his own urn/stone and your tombstone brought him right to the residential lot, completely under its control. (BTW, I believe that it started like "living" in that blue-bush next to it?)

Thanks for this spooky fun, Christianlov

... Jim ...
Screenshots

paysites.mustbedestroyed
Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 10:25 AM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 24th Feb 2010 at 3:35 AM.
Using Tomb of Ghost and some interesting answers
(First, a pretty good FAQ and just find ghost to get some answers.)
The Sims 2: Death/Disasters/Diseases Guide by Pr0vol0gne

And for a quick solution to "ghosts breaking lamps", simply use one that they might not recognize as a Maxis lamp? (I like candles around my spooky lots, so using several Candid Candlesticks, with "MoveObjects On", did the trick for me.) *** Also, "MoveObject On" and placing lamps in non-level or unreachable terrain works, just looks a bit strange. ***
Candid by Candlelight

Do you have a really large graveyard or cemetery?
Well, I have a graveyard for some Damphir training (long story) and one cemetery to sort of "house" the really bad ghosts, used on my neighborhood.
Pinhead and the Chatterer

And then Christianlov's "Tomb of Ghost" does his magic on my Swampland, for a much more challenging example.
(5x5_Sawmpland_with_only_1_entrance.jpg below)

But I had too many ghost just cruising around the front or simply standing around the other side of the street, lost or just wasting time? (So, I studied my Swampland's design and realized that they seemed to need a full parameter to walk around for built-in search logic (?) and not the enclosed island or isthmus of my swamp, with only one entrance.) Then I discovered that two more entrances would shorten their parameter cruising. (For_Ghosts_add_left_and_right_paths.jpg below)

And do you ever wish for some peace in your property, but would still like some ghosts and all their spookiness? Simply try some of those Red Ghosts (Burning) and then just sit back and enjoy their antics, safely on your property's foundation. (Oh, your sim might just see one and get a light scare, but that's nothing like full-blown in-your-face SCARE
(Red_Ghosts_avoid_foundations_and_houses.jpg)

*** With further tests, it seems that the Green and Yellow Ghosts are safe like the Red Ghost.

And the brave of heart can take dash to your pool or spa (or teleport?) and then relax
(Spa_relaxing_seems_safe.jpg and Swimming_Pool_seems_safe.jpg below.)

Is the number "6" unlucky, anywhere in the world?
Well, it seems that six ghosts of any type will cause a flooding curse, after they leave. (I have tried this with six "Old Age" ghost and only a maid could even touch the puddles, it seems? But if you include just one " Drowning" ghost, then you get to clean, also. But if that's just too much work, simply use Buy/Build Mode and "MoveObject On" and just delete that curse of a flood!
(Water_puddle_curse_after_6_ghosts.jpg below)

*** For movie-makers, perhaps?
I found that touching with the Design-Tool, in Buy or Build Mode, will change a Ghost's color, back to their normal texture until they jump and exit their assigned headstone, properly or if you "Clear All" or just clear one, directly. (Red-ghost01_normal-color.jpg and Red-ghost02_Designer-Tool.jpg below)

*** Much later, after all of my crazy ghost tests. ***
I found a permanently "haunted" spot under a 4-square chair that received a ghost as usual but never got lifted, as a ghost will usually do. And simply deleting, normally or with MoveObjects On or the testingCheatsEnabled True with "Force Error" choices did nothing for that "haunted spot". (Just imagine all your sims, both local and visitors, always doing a nearly constant "Be Surprised" animation, near that spot.)

On top of that, was some permanent path-node displacements, it seems? Just imagine getting the paper or mail or disposing of trash or even going for a swim, almost from your front stairs, but those objects are actually dozens of steps away from those same front stairs. (Heck, even all service sims would "drive away" from there, instead of using the street.)

But with luck and lots of stubbornness, I fixed it, folks!
(First, I backed-up my neighborhood using SimPE.)

Then I used the STAY-THINGS SHRUB from here, on my lot and saved it.
STAY-THINGS SHRUB

Then I moved my family, to the bin.
And then I checked the lot, for all objects and then moved the lot, to the bin.

And then I moved the lot to a new location, which was spun around 180 degrees, BTW and I renamed the lot, a little, just for luck.

And when the family moved, back in, Bingo, no problems!

Thanks, again, Christianlov! ! !
I wouldn't have even tried, any of this, without your "Tomb of Ghost"!

... Jim ...

paysites.mustbedestroyed
Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 9:31 PM
Thanks. This is very cool. I can use this for my haunted house.
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 6:07 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!! Now I Can Make Someone To Clean The Toilet At Midnight
Without Relying On No-Stay-At-Midnight-Butler To Clean The Toilet Next Day =D
Test Subject
#58 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:37 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you so so so so much. I tried it, it is really awsum infact all ur stuff is awsum i download them a lot. U really talented!! Tnx so so so much :D
Test Subject
#59 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 3:32 AM
Thanks Alot This Is Perfect For My Halloween Place :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 5:28 PM
Omg! thanks so much, i can finally make my simmies see a ghosts without killing somebody first!yah!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 12:20 AM
This work really well for me.

As a movie maker, it was hard for me to kill a sim, then hope that they would come out. This help SO much! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 10:08 PM
this is SO awesome!!!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 8:49 PM
does a sim have to be dead? because I did not all the options even get the "mourn" option.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 20th May 2011 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amazinggoddess
does a sim have to be dead? because I did not all the options even get the "mourn" option.

Sure, at least one sim has to be dead. If you are playing in a custom neighborhood, there is no ghost at the first time. So you need to wait till a sim dies to use this item.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#65 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:47 AM
Chyeaaa. Now the ghost can be my sims' b.tch!
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 7:02 AM
So, do you choose the dead sim or ghost you want? Or does it randomly make a ghost? I love this download though!! Cause i can't seem to find a way to make ghosts haunt me without any cheats!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:30 AM
Thanks so much! I needed this for a sims 2 video I was making.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:02 PM
cool job thnx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 12:13 PM
thank you, this is great!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 7:55 PM
This looks really cool! Thank you.
I'm looking forward to using it in my game. It wwould be a great addition to my failed haunted vampire houses I have for my sim families. :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 11:03 AM
Great job! Thanks!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 9:46 PM
thank you very much. i came on to mod the sims today for a mod exactly like this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:07 AM
muito obrigado
Instructor
#74 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:03 AM
Great idea!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 9:48 PM
Sounds interesting and useful, thanks
Page 3 of 3