Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 6:22 PM
Default Are anyone else's sims randomly starving?
I've had this happen to me twice already - suddenly my sim's hunger will drop to 0 and they'll get the "starving" interaction. Like, their hunger is fine (maybe yellow or red, but definitely not empty) one second and the next it drops down to 0, and they die. And I can't do anything to stop it because they already have the interaction to die? If I reset them, they just disappear from existence. The only solution is to quit the game without saving or revert to an older save.

I do play a lot and it "only" happened twice in two different save files, so it's not that common - but definitely very bothersome. It's never happened before the new patch.

It could be a mod issue too, I play with lots of mods, but I don't know, I've never had anything like this... Does anyone know anything about this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 11:08 PM
Do you use UI Cheats?
if you have this mod and you try to auto solve your sim's hunger motive by clicking on the hunger icon
then miss and hit the point to the most left of the hunger bar, it reduces the sim's hunger to none and make them starve to death
I did it once or twice too..
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 11:34 PM
It can happen when you're exploring the omicron ruins and make a bad guess at activating a trap.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Do you use UI Cheats?
if you have this mod and you try to auto solve your sim's hunger motive by clicking on the hunger icon
then miss and hit the point to the most left of the hunger bar, it reduces the sim's hunger to none and make them starve to death
I did it once or twice too..

That might be it, because I do use UI cheats and I was trying to auto-solve.
To be completely honest I 100% forgot that dragging needs was a thing in that because back when I downloaded it that function wasn't working. Looks like it's been fixed since, lol.

But that's a relief tho, I was afraid that it's a mod, and that I'll have to go on a hunt to find the broken one... :')
Thanks for your reply!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
It can happen when you're exploring the omicron ruins and make a bad guess at activating a trap.

You see, that one makes sense. But my poor sim wasn't venturing into an ancient temple to find ancient treasures, the poor guy was just cramming for his exam at 3 am.
Lesson learned - don't stay up cramming for exams unless you wanna die!

(Or rather don't auto-solve hunger with UI cheats installed...)
dodgy builder
#6 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:31 PM
I have to ask the question about your mods. Have you updating them? Are you sure they are compatible?

Nevermind, I missed a point in your posts :D