Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Undead Molten Llama
#76 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Sadly, no. I had to build my own random generator to replace it: http://www.mangaroo.com/sims2/

OMG, I love you. I don't play strictly Prosperity, but this will save me a lot of die-rolling.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:27 PM
Thanks. Now a newbie question. I have not used a randomizer before. How does it work? Just enter what I see in the boxes?

Update: I see how it works now. I am creating 6 Prosperity families now to go along with my Legacy Founder.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#78 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:33 PM
As much of the randomized data as you want to use, yes. I've been known to fiddle a bit with the genetics in the Prosperity challenge randomizer if they resulted in improbable mixes, so two blue-eyed parents wouldn't have a brown-eyed toddler.

Not to confuse the issue, but I've also used outliers produced by a randomizer to set up a backstory for a family. For instance a family of three that consists of AM, dark skin + AF, medium-dark skin + CF, light skin = a couple raising an adopted or foundling child.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:36 PM Last edited by EricasBold9780 : 17th Apr 2011 at 2:56 PM.
Thanks for the detailed description. After a long trip through the Randomizer, I finally have my Prosperity families to mix with my Legacy Sim.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 6:29 PM
So far I have 3 families
Hardt- 2 teen females,1 elder female,1 adult male,and 1 toddler female(poor guy)
Richards-1 elder female,1 adult female, and 1 child male
McMurray- 1 child female and 1 teen female
Hopefully i can get som male children in there after i get playing

-Though this be madness, yet there is method in it-
Scholar
#81 Old 22nd May 2011 at 2:08 AM
absolutely love this challange!! I've never done a proper challange before & I'm excited to see it I do actually make it to the 5th generation. I rolled 5 families, one elder female, a family of 5 (1 female toddler, 1 male child, 1 teen boy, 1 adult female & 1adult male), a single adult female, a family of 5 again lol (elder female, adult female, female child, female toddler, male toddler) & a family of 3 (adult female, teen female, toddler female)...it's odd how quickly the week will fly by with smaller families

two questions: firstly for those of us with the appropriate ep, do we use the dice again to assign the secondary aspiration? or can we choose? used the dice for one of my Romance sims & her secondary aspiration was rolled as knowledge, however I changed it to pleasure. didn't seem appropriate to me to have her have knowledge & romance, if she was that smart she wouldn't be wanting to woohoo with everyone in town...
secondly, I believe it was much earlier in this thread where someone mentioned about turning a cas sim into a townie...how do you do that? there are a LOT of females in my neighborhood who are really rather picky on their choice of mates, I'd like to be able to have more genetic variety if possible...
Scholar
#82 Old 22nd May 2011 at 2:31 AM
oh awesome!! thank you so much! that is alot easier than I thought it would be :D
Scholar
#83 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:31 PM
I am having so much fun with challenge!!! but a little bittersweet today...Sybil Redwood, mother of one, grandmother of 3 teenagers, had a visit today from Grim, just had to acknowledge her passing publicly lol..Sybil was a very outgoing sim, a good friend to most, Lover to many, Romance sim who ALMOST made it to her LTW (20 lovers) passed at 72, surrounded by her family, platimum status at time of Grim's visit, he even brought her a couple of hula dancers & a cool drink....this was the VERY first time one of my sim's passed from old age, in other neighborhoods I've almost always had the "aging off"...
Scholar
#84 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420
Here's how to make custom "townies":

1. Make your sim in CAS.
2. Put your sim in your neighborhood on a lot.
3. Turn on boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false.
4. Press shift on your keyboard and click on your active sim.
5. Make your sim unselectable.
6. Your sim will become unselectable and wander off the lot.
7. Save.

thank you again for this, question thu...does there need to be another sim on the lot to accomplish this? I did try with an AF but the game would just go into buy mode & when I saved & exited she would still come up playable...
Inventor
#85 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:02 AM
even though i should be doing my ToT challenge, i think I'm going to give this one a try. the families i rolled on mangaroos generator just seem too interesting not to try this.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Scholar
#86 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 10:45 PM
so my 1st gen kids (CAS kids from first roll) are all now either in uni or have just moved into their own homes, yesterday had first CAS adult age into elder, can't believe this has taken a couple months of RT to get to lol, don't even want to think how long it's going to take to finish the challenge, but hey, I'm having fun!! Any day now, the last CAS elder will be having a visit from Grim, luckily her heir & only son, Cedar has just graduated & moved home...at some point I am going to have to learn how to post pictures, I take enough of them...

well that's enough of that, honestly, big part of my posting this is just to get the thread back at the top of the queue haha hopeing it'll catch the eye of some of you others who are playing this too, I really enjoy reading your stories!
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 4:38 PM
This is exactly what I need. I was starting to get bored of playing my huge legacy family and I need something fresh like this. I hope I can stick through with it though, I have a habit of getting bored and going back to the legacy family, lol.

Here are my families for "Prosperity Hills"

1. Seife Family
Jared Seife (adult)
Doria Seife (adult, married to Jared)
Kyle Seife (teen girl - child of J and D)
Bruce Seife (child male - child of J and D)
Laura Seife (adult female, sister to Jared)
Gavin Seife (teen male, child of Laura)

2. Maifeld
Walter Maifeld (elder male)

3. Valencia
Amber (teen girl)
Julie (child, girl)
I didn't roll any adults so with this family I am using the storyline of the father abandoning them before CAS and then the mother committed suicide so now the two girls are on their own.

4. Gregorio
Annette (adult female)
Stephany (teen girl, triplet)
Brittney (teen girl, triplet)
Paul (teen male, triplet)
Nora (child, female)
Vicente (toddler, boy).

So far I just moved all the families into homes. The biggest challenge so far is the Seife family, it took forever to just afford them all a bed (mind you the cheapest bed!). Hopefully they will be able to have a stove so they don't have to live off of sandwiches and bagels.

I am honestly thinking of not doing a university with this neighborhood. I think it will be a welcomed change and will lessen the boredom for now.
Inventor
#88 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 7:38 PM
I thought I might share what's been going on with my challenge.

I rolled four families as follows:

1) The Kenney Family
Sumika (adult female)
Jonathan (adult male)
Rudy (adult male) (Jon's brother)
Illa (teen female) Jon and Sumika's daughter
Maris (child female) Sage's twin, Jon and Sumika's daughter
Sage (child female) Maris's twin, Jon and Sumika's daughter

2) The Blum Family
Malcolm (elder male)
Renay (adult female) Marie's twin, Malcolm's daughter
Marie (adult female) Renay's twin, Malcolm's daughter
Aleisha (teen female) Renay's daughter
Dominick (male child) Renay's son
Pete (male child) Marie's son

3) The Walter Family
Lakeesha (elder female)
Kelvin (elder male) Lakeesha's husband
Robin (child male) Kelvin and Lakeesha's grandson
Shanelle (child female) Joya's twin, Kelvin and Lakeesha's granddaughter
Joya (child female) Shanelle's twin, Kelvin and Lakeesha's granddaughter
Archie (toddler male) Kelvin and Lakeesha's grandson

4) The Arellano Family
Mark (elder male)
Zada (child female) Gala's twin, Mark's granddaughter
Gala (child female) Zada's twin, Mark's granddaughter
Margaret (toddler female) Garry's twin, Mark's granddaughter
Garry (toddler male) Margaret's twin, Mark's grandson

So far I've played two and a half rotations of four days (i"m in the middle of the Blum's right now) All the toddlers are children and almost all the children are teens (the last four (Joya, Shanelle, Dominick and Pete) will grow up in this rotation) Because i didn't want to have to deal with a possible 8 sims at Uni, the kids all got aged on different days. As soon as Robin got the notice that he'd grow up in two days, i set it to his birthday and had him grow up so that he's older than his sisters. Joya and Shannelle grow up as soon as I play the Walters. Zada and Gala aged a day early.

Illa Kenney just moved away to college and her BFF Aleisha Blum will leave on the last day of this rotation (as she'll have four days of teen hood left) to join her.

Sumika Kenney has had three more children, Dan who just became a child the day after Maris and Sage became teens, and newborn Amberle and Christopher a set of twins that is my first ever non-cheated-for twins. I was so shocked when the SIm Blender's pregnancy scanner told me she was expecting twins!

Rudy Kenney moved out of his brother's house at the end of rotation two and we'll see what happens to him now as while still in the previous household he seduced the paperboy and ended up pregnant (gotta love mods). Hence his moving out. Derik may or may not be persuaded to move in with Rudy, again we'll see.

The Kenney's are probably my most interesting family (and the most baby producing, but they also happen to be the only one that rolled a couple aable to produce children). And Jon who is a secondary family sim rolled a want to have 10 children just after Amberle and Christopher were born, so they will continue to interest me most. Even though Jon and Sumika spend most of their time playing chess on the front porch. Sumika has maxed her logic skill and game enthusiasm and Jon's about to max his logic.His games maxed on the last day of Rotation 3.

The Arellanos were until recently my most hectic family with one elder trying to keep up with two toddlers. Now that Margaret and Garry are children and the Zada and Gala are teens its not so bad.

The only thing of note that happens in the Blum household is that everyone loves the pool. they are constantly going swimming. Aleisha maxed her games enthusiasm mostly from playing Marco Polo with whomever happened to be swimming with her at the time.

Nothing real interesting has happened at the Walter's but that's likely to change. Since Kelvin has the LTW for six grand kids and I had to kill off his son per challenge rules since he wasn't rolled, on the last day of Rotation Two he called to adopt a child. I'll most likely make him/her a teen just to be sure he doesn't die before he/she starts reproducing. And when I play them next Robin's going to go steady with Maris Kenney. She invited him home from school and his first action was to make out with her. So they're all crushing and will most likely get married later in life.

On the subject of the Kenney twins, Sage has a potential love interest in Pete Blum. They both have a current (and locked) want to be best friends with one another. If they have any sort of chemistry they're getting together.

I'll most likely finish this rotation tonight, but right now, I'm off to imitate the Blum's and go swimming!

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Forum Resident
#89 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 10:37 PM
I am going to play this challenge, and i just finished making my families:
the Newbury family:
Rose, an elder and her two daughters, Robyn and Wren, both adults.
The Gower family:
A father and son pair. ( i need to check the names )
and finally, my huge family, the Safford family: (bear with me i cant remember the names)
The grandmother, her two daughters, Daughter 1's toddler twins, Jake and Lily, and Daughter 2's teenage daughter, lilac
I'm not scoring but I am going to try and play by the rules.
Forum Resident
#90 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 7:41 PM
Wow, I had no idea this thread was here.

I started my own Prosperity challenge in July 2009 and have been posting and playing it on a regular basis since then. I started with five families:

Austin - teen Stephanie, child Ryan and toddlers Ellis and Bryan (all siblings)
Eddleman - adult Abigail, child Katie (mother and daughter)
Rutland - elder Kathleen, adult Liam (Kath's son), adult Becky (Liam's wife), toddler Isabel
Moats - adult Laura, teen Tamara (mother and daughter)
Creekmore - elder Simon, toddler Rosemary (grandfather and granddaughter)

I initially adjusted the ages to make them more reasonable (namely aged Laura and Abigail up so they didn't look as if they had children when they were teenagers) and played away. I've got approximately forty households now and it's all being documented on my Livejournal account -- a recommendation for people who want to read? Go for the introduction, weeks 1, 2&3 recap, weeks 4&5 recap, and weeks 6&7 recap before diving in to the entries for week 8a (unless you like a lot of reading).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 12:48 PM Last edited by Mai2008 : 4th Aug 2011 at 12:45 PM.
I am starting this! This is my chart off families:

How many families? 4

1st family.
Last name: Arroyo
How many sims in family?

Sims are:
1. Child, girl, Knowledge, Aries.
2. Toddler, boy, Popularity, Cancer.
3. Adult, girl, Popularity, Taurus.
4. Elder, girl, Family, Aquarius.
5. Child, boy, Popularity, Cancer.
6. Toddler, boy, Romance, Libra.

2nd family.
Last name: Kanes
How many sims in the family?

Sims are:
1. Elder, girl, Romance, Leo.
2. Adult, girl, Popularity, Sagittarius.
3. Adult, boy, Fortune, Leo.
4. Adult, girl, Romance, Virgo.

3rd family.
Last name: Beaches
How many sims?

Sims are:
1. Toddler, girl, Popularity, Taurus
2. Teen, girl, Family, Virgo
+Placeholder sim.

4th family.
Last name: Baloney [I ran out of names! ]
How many sims?

Sims are:
1. Child, girl, Family, Aquarius.
2. Elder, girl, Family, Aries.
3. Child, girl, Romance, Aquarius.
4. Toddler, girl, Fortune, Scorpio.
+Placeholder sim.

Well, wish me luck!

PS: I found a 12 sided die so instead of the Step 1 and Step 2 I used my 12 sided die, okay?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Mad Poster
#92 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 1:28 PM
All hail the 12-sided die! It looks so cool and has so few actual uses.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#93 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 2:37 PM
I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread.. this is exactly what I've needed!
This is going to be interesting.. I'll be sure to post updates.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 3:09 PM
I am trying this challenge now and I have 3 familys. One of my single sims is already married. I usually dont play in a rotation so this might make game play more interesting! :D
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:31 PM
Quote:
All hail the 12-sided die! It looks so cool and has so few actual uses.

I know right!? I have not been on the Sims 2 recently because I got bored. So lets begin! I will go on a 3-day role on each family. Yay! I don't want to make extra long posts, so I am linking my pictures onto tinypic.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Scholar
#96 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:27 PM
so now almost all the 2nd gen kids (from starter families, majority other than 2, CAS) have left uni & are back in the neighborhood, I think only 4 teens are left, all four were in-game born from starter families, I am finding it a little hard to decide who will be the heir in some cases, a few families have rather large families, tried to pick whoever had best relationship, or was the only girl/boy, or the only IGB, but what I am finding more daunting is trying to find the perfect house for the ones who don't move back home. It tends to take me over an hour to build something & to be frank I just haven't got the "energy" lol, too tired from working in real life. Have downloaded quite a few homes from here (gosh there are some awesome creaters!!) but was thinking of just starting a cook-cutter suburb in one area of the neighborhood, there are going to be too many offshoot families to be spending so much time house-hunting

question a: has anyone else used apartments when the sim kids come home from uni?
b: is it necessary for all lots to carry the orginal families surname for calculating points? (I doubt I will spend much time doing the sums lol just curious)
c: for those of you out there who have done this challenge before, on average, how long in real time would you guess it took to get thru it to the end? as in 5th gen...

I'm determined to see this thru, just can't believe that even with playing for a minimum of an hour daily (sometimes 6 hrs depending), it's been more than 5 months & I've yet to have a grandchild born to any of the starter families...
Mad Poster
#97 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 3:19 PM
I'm not doing Prosperity, but I find apartments are most useful for kids just out of college. I move them into an apartment right after graduation, play them long enough to buy and plan decent outfits; then return to the rotation where I left it and proceed till I come to them. When engaged sims graduate, the one whose name I want to keep buys a house and the other one lives in an apartment or with friends/family until I'm ready for the wedding.

It's a bit of a losing game to keep them in an apartment longer than a week, as unlike house payments rent is money gone with the wind and people who stay in apartments too long don't have the cash to buy a house; plus, the premade apartments start to assert their natural glitchiness. However, there are story reasons to do that, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#98 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
question a: has anyone else used apartments when the sim kids come home from uni?

I do, constantly. With a no20khandout hack, it's a rare sim who gets enough money to get a house straight from graduation. I only have them there for long enough to save money to buy a house, though.

b: is it necessary for all lots to carry the orginal families surname for calculating points? (I doubt I will spend much time doing the sums lol just curious)

I think it is, yes.

c: for those of you out there who have done this challenge before, on average, how long in real time would you guess it took to get thru it to the end? as in 5th gen...

I started this challenge in July 2009, and I got my first gen 3 child in October 2009 -- that was, however, because within a few days of starting I had a gen 1 sim hit by risky woohoo, and then her child also got hit by risky woohoo while at university. Due to a population explosion (ACR+InTeen+Trips&Quads is not a good combination), I didn't get a gen 4 child until December 2010, and I reckon I'll get my first gen 5 child in November 2011-February 2012, depending on how much I play.

I do try my best to play a few times a week, and I do post my challenge as well as playing it, which slows me down a little. I'm trying to streamline my population (and maybe reduce the number of households) but I suspect it'd still take me a while to complete.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Scholar
#99 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 8:15 PM
LOL that is a LONG challenge! mind you, I can't imagine what some of the longer challenges would be like in RL, one reason why I chose this one to start off with, 5gens didn't seem that daunting lol...I am rather amazed to find how attached to some of the sims I have become, actually cheered when Briar (AF) achieved her lifetime want & was promoted to top of her field, threw her a big party to celebrate....I think I might just cry when Grim pays a visit lol...
Scholar
#100 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 4:35 PM
Just noticed that one of my gen2 sims has unbeknownst to me achieved her LTW, fresh from uni no less!! I have absolutely idea what her LTW was or how she managed to achieve it between graduating & moving in with her future husband :? I literally just moved her onto an empty lot, saved & had her lover propose moving in when his lot came up in rotation. Guessing I should've been more of a stickler in recording LTW's for more than just gen1...
Page 4 of 7